CBC Newsworld Gets New Name, New Prog...

CBC Newsworld Gets New Name, New Programs and New Journalists

There are 5 comments on the Channel Canada story from Oct 22, 2009, titled CBC Newsworld Gets New Name, New Programs and New Journalists. In it, Channel Canada reports that:

CBC News today previewed the much anticipated transformation of its news programming, just days before its official unveiling for CBC audiences on Monday, October 26.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Channel Canada.

Marie Deziel

LÚvis, Canada

#1 Oct 26, 2009
CBC newsworld's new look is horrible!
We're too busy looking at the flashing lights, tickers and logos and we don't listen to the news itself.

Why do we need this? Life is getting faster and faster and here is the CBC making us even more hysterical. This is not reality TV or a circus. It's the news. So let's be serious. I feel that crazy technological junkies have taken over the news world. And that had nothing to do with culture and intelligence.
Rocketman

Dartmouth, Canada

#2 Oct 26, 2009
Marie Deziel wrote:
We're too busy looking at the flashing lights, tickers and logos and we don't listen to the news itself.
Why do we need this? Life is getting faster and faster and here is the CBC making us even more hysterical. This is not reality TV or a circus. It's the news. So let's be serious. I feel that crazy technological junkies have taken over the news world. And that had nothing to do with culture and intelligence.
Even more ridiculous and silly that everyone's tax dollar paid for it.

CBC should be gone all together. There is no need for tax dollars to fund public tv while you can turn on another network such as CTV, Global, CNN, etc..

CBC is a total waste of tax dollars. Like something to the tune of $1.8 bill?..$2 bill a year??! It makes no sense when we have doc shortages, hospitals without MRI's etc, or a fuss made by some when our militay needs no equipment or our Coast Guard needing new ships.

Our greatest PM, our greatest parliament and our greatest senate is yet to come when they get rid of this wasteful CBC.
Rocketman

Dartmouth, Canada

#3 Oct 26, 2009
above should say "when our military needs NEW equipment..."
Mitch

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jun 29, 2010
Marie Deziel wrote:
yep concise and to the point , agree 100% with you
G8 Sad but Very True

Toronto, Canada

#5 Feb 26, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CBC News: The National Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CBC RUFlANS==>>MACEDONIA IS GREECE! NOT FRMR YU... (Feb '16) Feb '16 MACEDONIA ISGREECE 1
health records (Apr '15) Apr '15 Richard 1
News Rob Ford has 'come to Jesus moment'; vows to be... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Noel 1
News Rob Ford has `come to Jesus` moment; vows to be... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Bea 1
Whos the Jimmy Savile-like host, on 'Fun Hunt'? (Oct '13) Oct '13 CBC Fun Hunt 1
...LOVE..Me..CBC.... (Feb '13) Feb '13 paul SHYKORA arts 1
...FRANCE ...Save...DOGON... (Feb '13) Feb '13 paul SHYKORA arts 1
More from around the web