Pilots: NBC's 'Duty' Calls Bonnie Som...

Pilots: NBC's 'Duty' Calls Bonnie Somerville - Kristen Johnston...

There are 5 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Pilots: NBC's 'Duty' Calls Bonnie Somerville - Kristen Johnston.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

NBC's comedy pilot "Off Duty" has found a female lead in "Cashmere Mafia" star Bonnie Somerville, while Emmy winner Kristen Johnston may end up being "Absolutely Fabulous." Additionally, Jesse Tyler Ferguson ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

evntplr

Washington, DC

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Kristen Johnston is so not Edina, but would make a great Patsy.
Jimmy

Byron, IL

#2 Jan 28, 2009
Kristen Johnston joining the American version of AbFab just might make me want to see it. While her schtick grew old on 3rd rock, she can be a very funny actress. I can easily see her in the role of Edina.
Amy Lynne

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jan 28, 2009
Well if they must push forward with this (unnecessary) re-make, Kristen Johnston is a decent choice for one of the leads. Although, I too think that she would work better as Patsy.
Ken_The Piano Man _Barry

Tampa, FL

#4 Jan 28, 2009
I have been a fan of Bonnie Somerville since she was a kid on the streets of Brooklyn singing the Blues in Flatbush. Real earthy lady, with a soul of an Irish Lass.
No doubt she will steal the show along with every man's heart. Good Luck Bonnie
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#5 Jan 30, 2009
And there is another great example of the twisted way the networks look at their development.

They are eager (and boastful) of hiring the star of a failed show.

Now, I know nothing about that lady. She may be a great actress for all I know, but the pattern is repeated again and again regardless of whether the actor (or actress) chosen is good, bad or indifferent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cashmere Mafia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raped for being an "Angie" - Wrens, GA. (Jan '12) Jan '12 Angie Marie May 1
News 'Dirty Sexy Money' Courts Lucy Liu - Actress in... (Apr '08) Aug '10 jjz 10
News Tis the midseason (Jan '08) Jan '10 _Tex 2
News ABC Puts 'Mafia' in Stir - Drama premiere pushe... (Jan '10) Jan '10 ccc 2
News 'The Unit' stays, but Oprah's 'Big Give' goes (May '08) Sep '08 Reality 5
Cashmere Mafia a rip off of Desperate Housewives (Jul '08) Jul '08 Triple H is da Man 1
News On TV: Where Are the Shows of Yesteryear? (Jun '08) Jun '08 memoo 1
More from around the web