Man Survives Bear Attack by Climbing ...

Man Survives Bear Attack by Climbing 30 Feet Up Tree to Call 911

There are 7 comments on the NBC Washington story from Jun 12, 2012, titled Man Survives Bear Attack by Climbing 30 Feet Up Tree to Call 911. In it, NBC Washington reports that:

A huge black bear, affectionately called "Meatball" by locals, was tranquilized after stroll through a Los Angeles area suburb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Washington.

Holy chit

United States

#1 Jun 12, 2012
"Radakovich was walking along the Penguin Creek Trail early Sunday morning when he was charged, bitten on the neck and back and swatted in the face by a female brown bear protecting her nearby cub"

Jesus Moses, I would be wearing a kevlar wet suit if I were walking in these woods.

Bears can kill you without trying hard at all.

Especially brown bears. They like to eat humans. Good thing he ran like a little girl.

Black bears, not so much. They say you should try to scare them off by making plenty of noise and looking big.

Me, I'd stay home.

“Ante Omnia Armari”

Since: Nov 07

"You get back what you give"

#2 Jun 12, 2012
Usually not the best strategy to be climbing a tree, the bear is better at it. Glad he was able to get help.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 12, 2012
Until then, I bet he didn't know he could climb a tree.
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jun 12, 2012
off the trail wrote:
Until then, I bet he didn't know he could climb a tree.
He was able to re purpose the claws stuck into his back to help him climb quickly....

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#5 Jun 13, 2012
isn't it amazing what you can accomplish when fear is your inspiration!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Jun 14, 2012
whats funny is when he called 911 and told the guy he was mauled by a bear, this guy asked if he needed an ambulance.

what did he think??? lol

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Jun 14, 2012
ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Authorities say a bear had to be chased away after wandering into an Anchorage, Alaska, high school.

Police say the small black bear on Wednesday wandered into Bartlett High School – home of the Golden Bears – through a door left open for construction workers.

Police responded and searched the school for the bear. They found clues like knocked-over trash cans that contained food.

Eventually officers began banging on doors to scare the bear. It did the trick, and the animal ran outside, into the nearby woods.

OHHHHHHHHHH, now this is what you call a "KODIAK" moment!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

More from around the web