Shatner's Kirk Not Aboard for New 'Trek'

Shatner's Kirk Not Aboard for New 'Trek'

There are 75 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 26, 2007, titled Shatner's Kirk Not Aboard for New 'Trek'. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The original Capt. Kirk is disheartened he won't get to boldly go anywhere with his old pal Spock in the new "Star Trek" movie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mohammed speaks

Nomans Land, MA

#63 Jan 25, 2008
I liked ds9 the best and enterprise wasn't given a fair shake [upn] Whatever it is we'll go see it
you know we will.If not in the movies we'll rent it so stop crying over poor ol bill hes got more cash than any of us...

“Give back to your community!”

Since: Jul 07

Frankfort, KY

#64 Jan 25, 2008
Steve wrote:
I have been reading a lot about Captain Kirk not being in Star Trek XI.
To hear Spock uttering the words “Space, the Final Frontier” is not Normal.
I think this idea is wrong and will hurt the Movie.
Why…
Since this movie revolves around Star Trek TOS many old school fans like myself feel bad for William Shatner, as if he is being left out for no good reason. He died but so did Spock.
I feel that the best examples of Most Viewed, Most Popular in New Star Treks Series/Movies were when characters from Star Trek TOS were brought back.
What does Bjo Trimble think?
VOLUNTEER: Bjo & John Trimble's SST (Save Star Trek campaign & Rename the first Space Shuttle campaign)
MEMBER: S.T.A.R.(Boston Star Trek Association for Revival 1970)
VOLUNTEER: Star Trek Welcomittee
MEMBER: Starfleet (Eric Stillwell's Club, Eric became the Star Trek script co-coordinator for Star Trek TNG and assistant to the late Michael Philler in 1987)
MEMBER: Interstellar (Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek Club)
MEMBER: International Federation of Trekkers
MEMBER: Official Star Trek Fan Club
Yes, Steve, Spock did die but with a plot setup to return him. There was a plan and a purpose. Shatner's character didn't have that luxury.

I'd love to the Shat return as well but I understand J.J. Abrams' dilemma.

“Give back to your community!”

Since: Jul 07

Frankfort, KY

#65 Jan 25, 2008
mohammed speaks wrote:
I liked ds9 the best and enterprise wasn't given a fair shake [upn] Whatever it is we'll go see it
you know we will.If not in the movies we'll rent it so stop crying over poor ol bill hes got more cash than any of us...
I actually know someone who will not "go see it" and the reason isn't due to the absence of Shatner, it's due to the redesign of the Enterprise.

Since: Dec 06

Ruskin, FL

#66 Jan 26, 2008
Oh no ... not again !!!
Shatner had another bowel eruption at an L.A. restaurant recently.
Without any warning .... BRAAAAAAPP !!!!!.... a full scale mudslide.
Restaurant personnel quickly went to his table to mop up the area while sending for some Airwick.
William dashed out a side door before patrons saw his mucked up pants.
Jackie the Joke Man

Hialeah, FL

#67 Oct 22, 2008
Oh my!
nobama

Monomoy Island, MA

#68 Oct 22, 2008
i once won 1000.00 dollars on a bet that shatner wore a toupee... the loser of the bet was a drunk washed up overated blowhard with high blood pressure,,possibly a canadian....any semblance to shatner is not intentionally made.... i enjoyed the 1 grand ,,,and learned a lesson in geography,i mean sociology,i mean anthropology, i mean pshycology....never liked star trek anyway...
Grouchy Conservative

Homosassa, FL

#69 Oct 23, 2008
unrivaled scale

Miami, FL

#70 Oct 23, 2008
With regard to Santana pitching on short rest, it's important to note that his three career regular-season starts on "three days' rest" were following a relief appearance (ranging from six strong innings after a 1/3 inning stint to getting shelled after a three-inning save). His one true start on three days' rest (a start after a start) came in the 2004 ALDS - five IP, one ER in Game Four after seven shutout innings (93 pitches) in Game One.
sheldon waxman

Miami, FL

#71 Oct 23, 2008
Sodomania and hollyweirdness! I hope you join the debauched and vote no on proposition 8. Join us as we slip farther down the slope with pleasures of the flesh. Why would anyone want to celebrate wantonness?
URKidding

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#72 Oct 23, 2008
Reading these posts, I can't help but think about the SNL sketch where Shatner said to the Trekkies:

C'mon people, get a life!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#73 Oct 20, 2011
independent voice wrote:
Oh, you guys have a little heart. I beg to differ too, Boston Legal is great!
Seems kinda unfair that there would be a place for Nimoy in the film but not old rundown Capt. Kirk. I can see where it would feel like a slap in the face. Fair is fair. Find him a little cameo. After all, it was his bad acting at the helm of the series. If nothing else, for nostalgia sake.
No, Shatner was offered a somewhat big cameo but turned it down... he wanted to have his character brought back to life, and have a role as big as Nimoy's... which would have blown the balance of the story.

A shame, but his greed really did get in the way.

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#74 Oct 20, 2011
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Shatner was offered a somewhat big cameo but turned it down... he wanted to have his character brought back to life, and have a role as big as Nimoy's... which would have blown the balance of the story.
A shame, but his greed really did get in the way.
The original pause actor. Didn't miss him in the movie. Nimby has more class anyway. Every time I look at Shatner now, I think of Denny Crane.

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#75 Oct 20, 2011
* Nimoy

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#76 Jan 21, 2012
independent voice wrote:
Oh, you guys have a little heart. I beg to differ too, Boston Legal is great!
Seems kinda unfair that there would be a place for Nimoy in the film but not old rundown Capt. Kirk. I can see where it would feel like a slap in the face. Fair is fair. Find him a little cameo. After all, it was his bad acting at the helm of the series. If nothing else, for nostalgia sake.
Here we are now on the secon Star Trek film and still not a trace of Shatner... kind of odd he wasn't given something the first time around.

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#77 Jan 21, 2012
URKidding wrote:
Reading these posts, I can't help but think about the SNL sketch where Shatner said to the Trekkies:
C'mon people, get a life!
Galaxy Quest II?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Legal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Spader is cast as 'Ultron' in Avengers film (Oct '13) Oct '13 binaries 1
Boston Legal Trivia (May '13) May '13 Team88 1
News Denny Crane's Patio Chairs (Feb '06) Feb '12 Hannah 5
News 'Human Target': Fox aims for second-season succ... (Nov '10) Sep '11 Connie H 2
News James Spader Is The New 'CEO' Of 'The Office' (Jul '11) Jul '11 Roberta 1
i need help urgentt plzzz (May '11) May '11 Andy McGuill 3
News Homeroom Mounds View Schools / For teachers, th... (Mar '11) Apr '11 Don and Bev Block 3
More from around the web