Shatner's Kirk Not Aboard for New 'Trek'

Shatner's Kirk Not Aboard for New 'Trek'

There are 75 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 26, 2007, titled Shatner's Kirk Not Aboard for New 'Trek'. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The original Capt. Kirk is disheartened he won't get to boldly go anywhere with his old pal Spock in the new "Star Trek" movie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
eightball

Okeechobee, FL

#1 Oct 27, 2007
Another old-guy wanting more money. Your out of it mann. Boston Legal sucks.
hard line

Orlando, FL

#2 Oct 27, 2007
given his shameless and greedy signing on to any endorsement, lack of talent in singing, dancing or darn near anything else - GOOD - maybe he'll gett miffed and do a shameless take-off - maybe Ex Star Wreck - hire on Brittany, Lindsey and some of the other doper, loser screen hacks
independent voice

Maryville, TN

#3 Oct 27, 2007
Oh, you guys have a little heart. I beg to differ too, Boston Legal is great!

Seems kinda unfair that there would be a place for Nimoy in the film but not old rundown Capt. Kirk. I can see where it would feel like a slap in the face. Fair is fair. Find him a little cameo. After all, it was his bad acting at the helm of the series. If nothing else, for nostalgia sake.
Bubba Watcher

Naples, FL

#4 Oct 27, 2007
He could go to work with Ed McMann giveing out prizes for publishers Clearing House.
Bubba Watcher

Naples, FL

#5 Oct 27, 2007
Well, looks like topix is the censor.
Aaron

San Angelo, TX

#6 Oct 27, 2007
Shatner shouldn't be such a diva. I'm sure Nimoy's role won't be very large. Spock will simply be seen in prologue at some sort of function (Kirk's funeral?) and something reminds him of the first time the two met initiating a flashback fade to the actual story.
Typical

Orlando, FL

#7 Oct 27, 2007
Captain Kirk's character made Star Trek. They owe Shatner at least a cameo. And Boston Legal rocks!
dgr

Tucson, AZ

#8 Oct 28, 2007
Much to do about nothing... Any new movie based on anything original isn't worth seeing...
Shatner has lost all creditbility by actually allowing his boorish personality out of the bottle in commercials and talk shows.

Go with new talent.... it is the story, not the actors.
Fanny

Washington, DC

#9 Oct 28, 2007
Reprising a well known role is not new. However, doing so is virtually unheard of. Shatner is probably better of NOT being in this next adventure. My guess is that it will be another flop ala "Enterprise".

The Star Trek machine needs to explore new territory....perhaps Star Trek Academy (which I've been saying for years now) would be a better venue.
gitmo

Great Mills, MD

#10 Oct 28, 2007
Who are you people? Capt Kirk is the bomb. You were still in diapers when he was going where no one had gone before.

Get you jeolousy under control and live the dream.

>Gitmo
Randall King

United States

#11 Oct 28, 2007
I agree with gitmo.

Shatner was the backbone of the original series and a cameo appearance is not a lot to ask.
Keep Bill

Westphalia, MI

#12 Oct 28, 2007
Cmon.. Let the guy have one last hurrah as Kirk!
Linda Rivera

Budd Lake, NJ

#13 Oct 28, 2007
Shatner was fantastic on Star Trek and so handsome! It would be great to see the old crew together again!
independent voice

Maryville, TN

#14 Oct 28, 2007
Sorry, can't agree that Shatner is handsome or an actor of any real caliber. BUT, how can he be denied a small part in the new voyage. He was one of the original mainstays and deserves a cameo at least. If no one from the original series were included that would be one thing, but to include one and not all, is just ludicrous.
No respect by JJ Abrams!
anonymouse

Murrayville, IL

#15 Oct 28, 2007
Don't worry shatner, when ppl start to do this stuff with a series it is affectively over. Its like the redoing of pride and prejudice which was originaly a black and white movie. The amazing and funny thing is you are alive to see the redo!!! It looks like star trek is finnaly going off into the sunset. Thx for the series. It was fun.
hhhm but wait. The new captains have not met their end yet. But perhaps they shouldn't? Just a thought.
Marylynn

Borden, IN

#16 Oct 28, 2007
A new-old Star Trek with Spock but no Kirk? No way.
Adam

Waldorf, MD

#17 Oct 28, 2007
I want Shatner on the new Star Trek as Denny Crain's head.
Dan Staunton

Dunkirk, NY

#18 Oct 28, 2007
Why insist on going backwards? How about a DS-9, Voyager or even an Enterprise flick?

Enough Original Series already, besides, by casting new faces for old names, it is going to be a flop anyway.
Jay

Orlando, FL

#19 Oct 28, 2007
There is only one Kirk. He was the guy who made the show. He was Star Trek.
Amelia

United States

#20 Oct 29, 2007
I'm sorry, but that is just wrong. It's not Star Trek without him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Legal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Spader is cast as 'Ultron' in Avengers film (Oct '13) Oct '13 binaries 1
Boston Legal Trivia (May '13) May '13 Team88 1
News Denny Crane's Patio Chairs (Feb '06) Feb '12 Hannah 5
News 'Human Target': Fox aims for second-season succ... (Nov '10) Sep '11 Connie H 2
News James Spader Is The New 'CEO' Of 'The Office' (Jul '11) Jul '11 Roberta 1
i need help urgentt plzzz (May '11) May '11 Andy McGuill 3
News Homeroom Mounds View Schools / For teachers, th... (Mar '11) Apr '11 Don and Bev Block 3
More from around the web