Pilot fought with famed 'Black Sheep'...

Pilot fought with famed 'Black Sheep' - News

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Pilot fought with famed 'Black Sheep' - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Retired Brig. Gen. Bruce J. Matheson, one of the last survivors of the famed World War II "Black Sheep Squadron," died Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Moki

Bradenton, FL

#1 Feb 4, 2009
He lived a great life. I'm sure the TV series didn't do the Black Sheep justice. The original TV movie that led to the series was pretty good, whether or not it was accurate.
Fred

Gig Harbor, WA

#2 Feb 4, 2009
Aloha brother. Thanks for giving so much - you and your buddies will always be my heroes.
Time

Honolulu, HI

#3 Feb 4, 2009
Mahalo, BG Matheson for all your service to our Country.

A significant sacrifice made by brave young men and women, at a critical time, that turning point, giving it their all, to drive back forces of evil then bent on subjugating the entire world.

Folks like Matheson is what America is all about.

It was an honor BG Matheson chose Hawaii as his home.

Aloha.
ovphoto

Aiea, HI

#4 Feb 4, 2009
I'm sure your still flying around up there A real contributor to the free world
Aloha
Trash Gordon

Honolulu, HI

#5 Feb 4, 2009
There walked the best of what it means to be a man.
James Bruce Matheson

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2009
I'am honored and greatly humbled to be the bearer of a great name. A gentle man with a warriors heart and a sharp mind to the end. James was his father a WW I veteran who taught his sons (Tom his brother, my father (r.i.p) the true meaning of how to live a life. I'll miss our nearly lifelong correspondence dearly. The world turns ever so that much slower. Semper Fi General!
Tim Broeker

Arlington Heights, IL

#7 Feb 12, 2009
Bruce was my fathers cousin and I only met him a couple times and I wish it had been more.
I remember as a kid asking Bruce what a "self-sealing "fuel tank" was and he explained to me everything in detail like he was really enjoying the question. I'll never forgot that moment.
Rest in Peace Bruce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Sheep Squadron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Observing Anniversary of Pappy Boyington's VMF-... (Sep '10) Feb '11 Son of WW2 Vetera... 2
News Vote against honoring WWII hero Pappy Boyington... (Jun '06) May '10 King Carl 2
News On Video and DVD (Aug '06) Jan '07 alien 3
More from around the web