Astro Boy

Astro Boy

There are 3 comments on the Rotten Tomatoes story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Astro Boy. In it, Rotten Tomatoes reports that:

Few characters have made as powerful or as lasting an impression on international popular culture as Astro Boy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rotten Tomatoes.

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

#1 Oct 14, 2009
This is one DVD my children won’t be watching.

I’ll never get the Hollywood commies. The reason for their success is capitalism, yet they bash it every chance they get.

Useful idiots...:

While it’s no secret that Hollywood films tend to skew left in general,‘Astro Boy’ may be the first animated blockbuster to discuss, if not necessarily endorse, explicit Marxist ideologies (albeit in cute robot form, of course.) In the movie, the aforementioned outcasts, led by Robotsky, form the Robot Revolutionary Front, stenciling their logo on city walls and chanting “Viva La Robotolution” at anyone within earshot.

On the whole, it’s played for laughs, but makes us ponder the question:

Have animated films gotten more leftist in recent years?

http://snipurl.com/sijnb

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Oct 15, 2009

err.. sorry wrong decade, wrong astro.. damn commies..

rolfl..

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Oct 15, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Astro Boy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Japan has bet its revival on humanoid robots (Dec '14) Jan '15 Mr Doom 40
News Astro boys: Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui and Nitin Sawhney (Feb '12) Feb '12 Tim 1
News Pet Tales: Beating astronomical odds, Astro is ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Tim 1
News An exhibition of Japanese characters at RMIT. (Feb '12) Feb '12 Tim 1
News DVD Reviews | Disney expands color of royalty |... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Nancy W 1
More from around the web