Magic feud is sleight of interest: So...

Magic feud is sleight of interest: SouthFlorida.com

There are 7 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Oct 19, 2006, titled Magic feud is sleight of interest: SouthFlorida.com. In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

Let's just acknowledge this right off the bat: As grudge matches go, a rivalry between two magicians is not the manliest of pursuits; it's somewhere in the realm of step-dancers battling for a title.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

BeeCool

Rock Hill, SC

#1 Oct 20, 2006
Hugh Jackman is extremely talented
and capable of playing a very broad range of roles.
colleague

Westport, CT

#2 Oct 20, 2006
Fpr Ms. Flowers: To you, all well-dressed male characters with manners must appear feminine, especially next to lower-class, scruffier "men" characters. Did you totally miss the intensity of Mr. Jackman's performance (did you SEE the entire movie)? I suggest you locate a copy of one of Mr. Jackman's earliest works, Erskineville Kings, so you can fully understand this man's range of talent, and get his amazing Peter Allen portrayal out of your one-track mind.
William

Fishers, IN

#3 Oct 21, 2006
"Here, the pair have collaborated on a script that is sometimes on target, but hopelessly hamstrung by a wobbly second half for which its grand finale cannot compensate."

That is really great that you have taken the script aside after several viewings of the movie to analyze its intricacies. I'm sure such profound statements could pour no where else other than your utterly film oriented mind. I'm also glad to see that you rated John Tucker Must Die .5 points higher than this movie. But when you, obviously one who is completely knowledgable in writing a unique script in todays hollwood, decides to comment on it's stability, the only thought that comes to mind is one of Shaffer and Forman's creation, entitled Amadeus (I'm sure you've heard of it). As the quote goes, "Which notes did you have in mind sire?" Think about it, I'm positive you're likely to get it. Or maybe you weren't watching closely enough.
Danny

Chesapeake Beach, MD

#4 Oct 22, 2006
This review by Phoebe Flowers is way way off. Phoebe Flowers has lost all credibility as a reviewer.
coolnout

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 23, 2006
This is the best movie of the year so far!

1.)Prestige
2.)Departed
Jacy

AOL

#6 Oct 24, 2006
Hugh Jackman was the weakest part of this movie. He is a nice person and a talented theater performer, but his talent does not extend to the big screen. He treats all his movie roles as if he's on the stage. Even the director of The Boy From Oz said that Hugh did not shine on film like he did on stage.
njr

Atlanta, GA

#7 Oct 28, 2006
Jacy,
Did we see the same movie?!! Hugh Jackman was brilliant in The Prestige! He had to not only play Robert Angier, but the double (Root), and his true self (Lord Caldlow) If anything, it was Christian Bale whose performance was weak (and at times incomprehensible!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arrested Development Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Transparent' star says transgender Maura would... (Aug '15) Aug '15 TerryE 1
News TV Blog Buzz: Finally time to talk about 'Arres... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Strangers Almanac 2
News Two definitions of victory, one for Dix and Cla... (May '13) May '13 NFLD 1
News No Children for Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de R... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News David Cross Comedy 'It's a Disaster' Getting In... (Feb '13) Feb '13 TGIF 1
News Netflix says new 'Arrested Development' will st... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ada 1
News Back From the Dead: Shows We Want Revived (Mar '12) Mar '12 Millie 1