J Michael Flanigan stole from my family

J Michael Flanigan stole from my family

Posted in the Antiques Roadshow Forum

sean

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Sep 4, 2012
My parents attempted to sell a Simon Willard Lighthouse clock through J MIchael Flanigan. He kept the clock and didn't pay them the agreed amount. My parents took him to court and won. He is ignoring the suit and will not respond. I Know it sounds made up. Please read this article.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/sep...
Brian

Laconia, TN

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Jason

United States

#3 Dec 16, 2013
sean wrote:
My parents attempted to sell a Simon Willard Lighthouse clock through J MIchael Flanigan. He kept the clock and didn't pay them the agreed amount. My parents took him to court and won. He is ignoring the suit and will not respond. I Know it sounds made up. Please read this article.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/sep...
I read about your family's plight. I'm surprised that Antiques Roadshow keeps such a disreputable on their show. Then again, I've heard that other appraisers on this show are questionable as well. I do hope that your parents get the money that is due, or that the clock is returned.
Margaret McKee

West Friendship, MD

#4 Jan 10, 2014
I need to talk to someone from your family asap. please contact me through Face Book - Margaret Terry-McKee. Thank you.
Understand your troubles

Fairfax, VA

#6 Oct 6, 2014
I've had interactions with J.Michael Flanigan and it was all bad. I got the feeling he was dishonest. I have a 18th century piece he looked at and wanted for a disgustingly low price. How did this turn out for you all? Antiques roadshow isn't all people think it is. All they did was try to get me to donate my piece to local government. Ha! Seriously? I've got kids to put through college!

Since: Jul 15

Ruther Glen, VA

#7 Jul 26, 2015
I am late to this thread, but Mike Flanigan also stole a valuable object from me, an 18th-Century Virginia tea table. This happened around 2008. He was not just "a dealer" to me, he was my friend, which made me comfortable letting him remove it to sell with no paperwork or proof that I was the owner. One month he was having dinner in my house, the next month he wouldn't return my calls, and I haven't been able to speak with him since.
alex55

Doylestown, PA

#8 Dec 27, 2015
I understand he also refuses to repay business and personal loans to a childhood friend to the tune of $100,000 plus. And the friend is seriously disabled. Shame on him and shame on Antiques Roadshow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antiques Roadshow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NOW CASTING - COLLECTORS (cars, cards, coins, j... Aug '17 cassiefriedman 2
News Antiques Roadshow (Jul '17) Jul '17 History Lesson 1
1940's Yellow Pages Billboard? (Jun '17) Jun '17 mathoryn 1
17th century painter (Jan '17) Jan '17 Janelle 1
Ceramic ornaments (Nov '16) Nov '16 DueFresh 1
series 34 charlecote park (Oct '16) Oct '16 Lloyd 1
Senior Service 1st Series Sights of Britain Cig... (Jan '10) Aug '14 Brenda 4
More from around the web