'Participatory Budgeting 101': Vallej...

'Participatory Budgeting 101': Vallejoans favor infrastructure over arts

There are 51 comments on the Examiner.com story from May 20, 2013, titled 'Participatory Budgeting 101': Vallejoans favor infrastructure over arts. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

While the ink is still fresh, the PB votes have been tallied. The final results were broadcast at last night's celebratory PB event at the Vallejo Power Company Bar & Grill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
reddy kilowatt

San Ramon, CA

#1 May 21, 2013
I'm shocked ! People in Vallejo chose fixing the cities problems instead of the bullshit feel-good crap ? WOW just WOW
now how will the politicians in city hall steal the money ?
were coming for you

Vallejo, CA

#2 May 21, 2013
well, south vallejo got the shaft again. the program for the kids did not get more operating funds. here was a good program to help inner city youth and "the community" did not fund them.
thanks marti!
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

#3 May 21, 2013
how did south vallejo get the shaft? what program for kids are you talking about? and what are you blaming marti for? sounds like you're totally confused or trolling. which is it?
un humane

Concord, CA

#4 May 21, 2013
I hear Marti Brown hoards cats. Is this true? Its disgusting if it is.
Jim in SF

San Jose, CA

#5 May 21, 2013
mockingbird wrote:
how did south vallejo get the shaft? what program for kids are you talking about? and what are you blaming marti for? sounds like you're totally confused or trolling. which is it?
Maybe referring to the Lawrence Hall of Science program that will close?
inhumane

Vallejo, CA

#6 May 21, 2013
your intel is bad. it's not cats. it's smurfs. and she doesn't hoard them. she provides asylum. sam kurshan has been murdering smurfs for decades now. marti discovered this and has been finding safe homes for smurf famalies all over the country. they consider her a hero.
BTW, i think you're confused. it's inhumane or unhuman. which do you mean?
humane

San Jose, CA

#7 May 21, 2013
To the Marti Brown comment, I don't know Ms. Brown but your trash talk shows your lack of intellectual discussion and or intellect. As my Grandmother used to say; If you don't have anything nice to say...shut up." Climb back under the rock you came out from under and grow up! Find another outlet for your asinine, immature comments. Your wasting our time. Kick rocks or better yet, go rescue some cats.
sam obese Cheetoh eater

Concord, CA

#8 May 21, 2013
LOL!

Says the fellow that claimed no one would show up to vote for an experiment, and also claimed voters wanted to spend all of the PB money on Police..

Epic fail...

(t)urd enragement!
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

#9 May 21, 2013
the lawrence hall of science wasn't a PB project. but if it was or wasn't, what does marti have to do with it?
brown noise

Concord, CA

#10 May 21, 2013
Well... back when we went to the polls (official ones) and VOTED on measure B it was cops we had in mind. Why? Because there are not enough and some negroes in vallejo will shoot you for what may or may not be in your pocket. Gomes and brown among others were hell bent against this tax. When measure B passed they somehow managed to swindle millions of it for a BS snowjob on the citizens. More police was not an option during the PB crap. At least the majority of voters knows what we need.
voters crushed schivley

Vallejo, CA

#11 May 21, 2013
mockingbird wrote:
lawrence hall of science program that just had to shut down for lack of funds. marti could have proposed to just give them the money to keep a good program going, she would have had 6 more votes and who knows how many more if she runs for re-election with a good will gesture like that? she wasn't smart enough, that's why.
sounds like you are either uninformed, or senile, which is it?
voters crushed schivley

Vallejo, CA

#12 May 21, 2013
humane wrote:
To the Marti Brown comment, I don't know Ms. Brown but your trash talk shows your lack of intellectual discussion and or intellect. As my Grandmother used to say; If you don't have anything nice to say...shut up." Climb back under the rock you came out from under and grow up! Find another outlet for your asinine, immature comments. Your wasting our time. Kick rocks or better yet, go rescue some cats.
it's clear you ignored grandma too!
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

#13 May 21, 2013
LOL. "...it was cops we had in mind..." there's your problem, your mind. along with being an ignorant racist, you obviously know nothing about the PB process. brown nor gomes had any say about what projects were presented. the citizens of vallejo decided what projects were put forward fpr approval. what majority of voters are you referring to?
sam obese Cheetoh eater

Concord, CA

#14 May 21, 2013
LOL!

Check your ballot language, if all the Measure B money was ear marked for Police that election would need to be a "special election" requiring a 2/3 vote. Ozzie and the rest a victims of their own word smithing.

(t)urd enragement!
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

#15 May 21, 2013
FOTFLMAO!!!!!! you obviously have no idea how things work if you think marti could simply circumvent the entire process. but then, you are one of the people that wants others to believe that brown and gomes have single handedly destroyed vallejo. your ignorance is monumental.
voters crushed schivley

Vallejo, CA

#16 May 21, 2013
mockingbird wrote:
FOTFLMAO!!!!!! you obviously have no idea how things work if you think marti could simply circumvent the entire process. but then, you are one of the people that wants others to believe that brown and gomes have single handedly destroyed vallejo. your ignorance is monumental.
a resolution to send pb funds wherever they want can be offered for vote. are you saying it cannot happen, by charter or something? wise me up, i am not as smart as you.
sam obese Cheetoh eater

Concord, CA

#17 May 21, 2013
voters crushed schivley wrote:
<quoted text>a resolution to send pb funds wherever they want can be offered for vote. are you saying it cannot happen, by charter or something? wise me up, i am not as smart as you.
LOL!

How quick you forgot that there were numerous PB meetings where voters had a chance to suggest certain projects...the Livermore Lab folks did not show up, just like the so called silent majority that wanted PB monies spent entirely on more cops never showed up.

(t)urd enragement!
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

#18 May 21, 2013
LOL. "i am not as smart as you." you state the obvious.
voters crushed schivley

Vallejo, CA

#19 May 21, 2013
sam obese Cheetoh eater wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
How quick you forgot that there were numerous PB meetings where voters had a chance to suggest certain projects...the Livermore Lab folks did not show up, just like the so called silent majority that wanted PB monies spent entirely on more cops never showed up.
(t)urd enragement!
so what? it was an item to be voted on, so they put their hat in the ring. now what, smarty?
voters crushed schivley

Vallejo, CA

#20 May 21, 2013
sam obese Cheetoh eater wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
how could funds for this project be included in the ballot items if none of them showed up? i'll wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animated TV Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fast food companies announce 'healthy' changes 6 hr ApePeeD 1
News Seth MacFarlane Engages in Transphobia to Defen... (Aug '10) May 15 Krista McKay 42
News The Simpsons: From Michael Jackson to Johnny Ca... May 14 Together Great 2
News 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Ste... May 6 A Whistling Tune 1
News Learn The Fascinating Stories Behind These Clas... Apr '15 Hyacinth 2
News 'Batman v. Superman' trailer leaked online Apr '15 Kid_Tomorrow 2
News Ben 10 Alien Force: Season One, Volume Two (Apr '09) Apr '15 Danielle 2
More from around the web