Teyona wins "America's Next Top Model," but fans of fired judge...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Upon this hallowed day, wherein we experience the revelation of the America's Next Top Model heir-apparent ... all we keep thinking is: What the heck, they fired Paulina? Paulina Porizkova, she of the effortless snark and withering critiques, has left the building.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Coralman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

Teyona won because Tyra likes to give the title to a black girl every few years, even though the number of black winners on ANTM is way out of proporation to blacks in modeling. Allison has a face and eyes which will be coveted by both editorial and commercial accounts. She will have the longer career. Teyona will fade away like so many of the other ANTM alumnae -- after her one-year Cover Girl contact ends. I"m beginning to think that ANTM would be better if the winner was chosen by the viewers. Tyra uses the show to make social and racial statements, not to select the most worthy winner.
Reasonable

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

Coralman wrote:
Teyona won because Tyra likes to give the title to a black girl every few years, even though the number of black winners on ANTM is way out of proporation to blacks in modeling. Allison has a face and eyes which will be coveted by both editorial and commercial accounts. She will have the longer career. Teyona will fade away like so many of the other ANTM alumnae -- after her one-year Cover Girl contact ends. I"m beginning to think that ANTM would be better if the winner was chosen by the viewers. Tyra uses the show to make social and racial statements, not to select the most worthy winner.
You should research facts before sprouting 'junk'. Most of the runner-ups from Top Model go on to very promising careers. Of course, there are always people like you who minimize a black woman's worth by spinning racial garbage. Teyona won because she deserved to win.
Bryan S

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

America's Next Top Anorexic/Bulemic - who cares who wins - these are not attractive women, and are not "models" of reality - they provide the wrong message to our girls.
Kelly Joiner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

you can tell tyra banks was going to fire pauline because she did not agree with tyra and her friends! you can always tell when tyra banks is going to pick a black girl. Tyra Banks is so fake and she is really for helping blacks and not white kids.Tyra i use to watch all your shows now i dont because you are SO FAKE
Kelly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

I don't agree with this being a racial decision however I do feel that Allison was the better model. Teyona is pretty but does not have that unique quality that makes a model successful. I do wish her with both of them luck.
abcd

Rochester, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

I thought Allison should have won this cycle, and if they were to fire someone why not big bow tie Jay.
Nicole

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

Clearly, Allison was the best model and most deserving of a win. But, as we all know, Tyra needed a black girl to win this season. I am the least prejudice person you will ever meet, yet the fact is very clear to me. Tyra spends so much time promoting herself, that she just doesn't have time to judge the contestants. For example... Take a look at the photos she did with the children throughout this season. She doesn't connect with them at all. They are just props to make her look "caring" and "important". Allison will have an amazing career. Teyona will fade away and no one will remember her name. I wish Tyra would get over herself and realize that she has gotten old, over weight, and just plain "broke down" as she likes to say. Please Tyra, for your sake and ours, understand that your "golden years" as a model are long gone.
yup

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2009

well honestly i think that tyra picked teyona because she did want it more... you can tell in the cuts that make up the show... and i also think that she was thinking that allison would make it anyways... i mean she has already got offered to sign with 2 modeling agencies... i do agree with her not connecting with the kids in the photos... she honestly looks like she prob doesnt even know the kids name... i love allison and she was def my favorite model and i am sad that she didnt win ... but i know ill see her around :)
Thisissofunny

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

This is SOOOO funny. These were the same excuses when Barack Obama won. Why is it that black girls win and its b/c Tyra's helping blacks? It can't possibly be b/c they are beautiful -- and they are!. When White judges pick white models all the time , does that mean its b/c they are white or for some white cause?? Lol
Rick

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Teyona is ghetto and disgusting in her tone and interactions with others. Doesn't anyone remember how she acted when Celia said that fat, ugly girl didn't belong on the show?? Yeah that's right - Aminat and Teyona (the jersey trash) spewed hateful comments with their stereotypical rants. I lost respect for both of them that episode. Grow up! You can disagree with others in a tasteful way. You don't "get all ghetto up in their faces" about it. Gross.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent America's Next Top Model Discussions

Search the America's Next Top Model Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Meet the 'True Beauty' Contestants - Six women,... (Dec '08) Apr '13 raj 14
Do you like the new forum of ANTM? (Apr '13) Apr '13 Marie60 1
Who was the best winner of americas next top model (Mar '08) Dec '12 Clancy 172
Tyra Banks announces 'America's Next Top Model'... (May '12) Oct '12 sunny0ne 2
America's Next Top Model Cycle 19 Episode 2 Rec... (Sep '12) Sep '12 ANTM viwer 1
HOMOSEXUALITY Something really gone wrong! Ev... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Gay Lesbian 2
Kelly Cutrone on 'ANTM: British Invasion' Quitt... (Mar '12) May '12 Mamsy 4
•••
•••
•••