Paulina Porizkova fired from "America...

Paulina Porizkova fired from "America's Next Top Model"

There are 82 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 13, 2009, titled Paulina Porizkova fired from "America's Next Top Model". In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Even though Teyona Anderson was named "America's Next Top Model" Wednesday night, the day's big headline was Paulina Porizkova's revelation that she'd already been given the big bye-bye. The '80s supermodel, who had the tartest tongue among the show's panel of judges, told Craig Ferguson on CBS ' "Late Late Show" Tuesday night that she was in Los ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Crystal

United States

#1 May 13, 2009
I bet you that the real reason she got fired was because she seemed to prefer Allison toTeyona and Tyra didn't like someone disagreeing with her regarding who was the best choice.
jenn rufffles

Berkeley, CA

#2 May 14, 2009
allison won my families heart with her sweet disposition and her great photos. as a model, i thought she was more original and someone i would actually stop and look at for makeup tips or clothing. she rocked so much in the last show. she is my families worlds next top model winner. we hope her modeling carrier reflects this sentiment. good luck allison.
Sylvie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 May 14, 2009
Paulina was better in advising the contestants on what to do, with instructive critisms and intelligent observations. She was too smart and showed up Tyra. Tyra uses this show to above all, highlight herself.She has become a bore.

Since: Jan 09

Hinsdale, IL

#4 May 14, 2009
Sylvie wrote:
Paulina was better in advising the contestants on what to do, with instructive critisms and intelligent observations. She was too smart and showed up Tyra. Tyra uses this show to above all, highlight herself.She has become a bore.
Exactly.

This show is one of my guilty pleasures (don't you judge me!) but lately it's been less about modeling and more about TYRA TYRA TYRA!!!!!

Blech.

Paulina was good. She's smart and honest and knows what she's talking about and has something constructive to say, unlike Tyra who's stuck on an endless "You need to smile with your eyes" loop.
LAC

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 14, 2009
I am so angry that Allison didn't win. Even though she hesitated in her commercial she didn't forget her words like the other girl did. She also did a better walk in the end and also had a better photo shoot. She didn't break down sobbing everytime something didn't go her way she kept smiling and moved on. I thought all of her photos were better then Teyonas by far.
As far as Paulina being fired? What the heck! If you wanted to cut some fat get rid of Ms. Jay. She is the most useless one on the panel. Sure she can walk and she knows how to act the clown, which makes Tyra look better but she's absolutely useless. Paulina on the other hand had more serious things to say and heaven forbid Tyra should have someone on the panel that knew a bit more then she does. Nigel? He's just arm candy and a great photographer. I think Tyra could really use some maturing she really acts ditzy and who needs that? Especially when your deciding someones future.
alenghi

Chicago, IL

#6 May 14, 2009
When hasn't this show been about Tyra? The "aspiring" models are just props that she uses to make herself look good. It's always about Tyra!
Abbie

Downers Grove, IL

#7 May 14, 2009
I'm so glad to see Paulina go; she added nothing to this show! I liked Twiggy and Janice would have been bearable if she didn't insist on bringing up 'the world's FIRST supermodel' every 5 minutes.

I can't wait to see who replaces her, if they do at all.(They may not replace her right away, to justify that 'trimming the fat' comment but I'll bet they've had her replacement waiting in the wings for a while now.)
Barbara from MD

Hagerstown, MD

#8 May 14, 2009
Tyra is bigger than ever, her shows out-of-touch with modeling reality and she has the nerve to fire Paulina. She's probably just jealous that SHE doesn't look like her. Paulina has more class than Tyra ever will
Barbara from MD

Hagerstown, MD

#9 May 14, 2009
Tyra is bigger than ever (and I don't mean as a model or TV star); America's Next Top Model is over the top and she wants to fire class Paulina. Tyra is showing off her true self "ghetto chick" Paulina has more class than Tyra ever will
Brett Favre

Algonquin, IL

#10 May 14, 2009
I haven't watched the show during the course of the season, but a glimpse of the winner is all I need to tell that I made the right choice. The winner is embarrassingly bad and speaks for the whole twisted concept of "modeling"
NYC

New York, NY

#11 May 14, 2009
I can't stand Tyra. She makes me puke.
JWK

Northbrook, IL

#12 May 14, 2009
As long as Miss Jay is safe...
Ron

Niles, IL

#13 May 14, 2009
People actually watch this c r a p? Scary.
Sarah

Columbia, MO

#14 May 14, 2009
I think Tyra is jealous of Paulina.

I can't stand Tyra - she really thinks she's something. She's not!

I laughed when I saw her talk show & found out she actually calls the guest couch "The Tyra Couch". She names a couch after herself?? WTH! Please!
skinnypuppy

Chicago, IL

#15 May 14, 2009
Tyra is the one that should be fired, what an annoying b...
Enough Already

Washington, DC

#17 May 14, 2009
Sylvie wrote:
Exactly, and why Heidi Klums show is so vastly superior.

Speaking of modeling, where has Naomi Campbell been? She was on the front page every week assaulting whoever right and left with phones. Was she finally institutionalized? Long overdue if so.
jethro

Chicago, IL

#18 May 14, 2009
"The big bye-bye?" How old are you? I feel like I'm reading a school paper at an elementary school.
Morning All

United States

#19 May 14, 2009
Paulina is like Kara on American Idol. Paulina didn't make it to the next round. Now we get to see if Kara does....
Ben

Montréal, Canada

#20 May 14, 2009
LOL
Real List

Robbins, IL

#21 May 14, 2009
Does the winner of this show get to marry Peter Brady? Or are there other C-list steps on the path towards irrelevance for these girls?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

America's Next Top Model Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EXCLUSIVE: Grandfather of Victoria's Secret sup... Dec '16 estelamonroe 2
News The CW Cancels America's Next Top Model (Oct '15) Oct '15 jennifermarshall444 1
News Moroccoa s transgender dancer courts acceptance (Dec '14) Dec '14 sarahomo 1
News Meet the 'True Beauty' Contestants - Six women,... (Dec '08) Apr '13 raj 14
Do you like the new forum of ANTM? (Apr '13) Apr '13 Marie60 1
Poll Who was the best winner of americas next top model (Mar '08) Dec '12 Clancy 172
News Tyra Banks announces 'America's Next Top Model'... (May '12) Oct '12 sunny0ne 2
More from around the web