American Idol alleged racism: Black c...

American Idol alleged racism: Black contestants call 'Idol' racist

There are 8 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 26, 2013, titled American Idol alleged racism: Black contestants call 'Idol' racist. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Nine former black contestants are angry over American Idol alleged racism, so much so that they've hired a lawyer to fight back against one of Fox's most popular television shows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 27, 2013
I always thought they were very fair in their judging. Its not like NO blacks have ever won.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 27, 2013
when all else fails, blame it on racism.
lol
pfff

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 27, 2013
I think the X-Factor is far more racist than American Idol. There have been 3 black winners on Idol and most black contestants get voted off when they are required to do different genres of singing styles. Now on X-Factor I was shocked when Britney Spear chose to let the black girl who was a great singer go but keep on this mediocre sounding white girl. Simon Cowell and public knew that was wrong and went to this girl's home and asked her to come back to the show.
Carmint

Powell, OH

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Capree wrote:
I think the X-Factor is far more racist than American Idol. There have been 3 black winners on Idol and most black contestants get voted off when they are required to do different genres of singing styles. Now on X-Factor I was shocked when Britney Spear chose to let the black girl who was a great singer go but keep on this mediocre sounding white girl. Simon Cowell and public knew that was wrong and went to this girl's home and asked her to come back to the show.
I don't watch those shows much but entertainment is about having the right look nowadays and not just the talent. Lots of blacks have a hard time with this.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Carmint wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't watch those shows much but entertainment is about having the right look nowadays and not just the talent. Lots of blacks have a hard time with this.
Different performers and groups have different looks and styles of singing. Every one is not going to look like Justin B.
Grannycanplay

Bluefield, VA

#7 Feb 19, 2013
PFfff wrote:
when all else fails, blame it on racism.
lol
pfff
Well said.
Bayou City

Houston, TX

#8 Feb 19, 2013
itsmejd wrote:
I always thought they were very fair in their judging. Its not like NO blacks have ever won.
Good point. That's why their frivilous lawsuit will be thrown out by any judge with even the slightest semblance of common sense. Spokespersons for American Idol will point to the fact that negroes such as Fantasia and Ruben Studdard are among the ranks of previous winners. Sounds like those former black contestants are simply pulling the tired, worn-out race card thinking it will get them a free payday. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Anonymous

Encino, CA

#9 Feb 28, 2013
Are you kidding me?! If anything they ARE racist...IN FAVOR OF blacks. The girls' Top 5 is an absolute joke!! With 3 of the 4 judges being black, I'm not shocked.

We won't be watching it anymore this season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Idol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ranking The Idols May 24 mwk89 1
News Fox calling an end to 'American Idol' May 19 Mets Fan Forever 3
News "American Idol" Season 14 Finale: Nick Fradiani... May 14 Paisley Lumiere 4
News The Sad Quest for a Country-Singing 'American I... (Aug '12) May 13 rebel111 3
News BWW Exclusive: Fatima Robinson, Stephen Oremus ... May 13 Oluwaseun Lindiwe 1
News Jennifer Lopez Makes a Sales Pitch to Silicon V... May 10 Rb RECORDS 1
News 'American Idol' Finale: Chris Brown, Ricky Mart... May 7 Ricky Martin Fan 1
More from around the web