Video: Brookfield native Nick Mitchel...

Video: Brookfield native Nick Mitchell nabs award during 'Idol'...

There are 29 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from May 21, 2009, titled Video: Brookfield native Nick Mitchell nabs award during 'Idol'.... In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Anyone thinking they had seen the last of Brookfield native Nick "Norman Gentle" Mitchell's campy appearances on "American Idol" were in store for a surprise during the show's season finale Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Jackson, TN

#2 May 21, 2009
Well, I suppose with the way things are going now a days, anyone can win something.. once.
RagsTTiger

Versailles, KY

#3 May 21, 2009
There is no doubt that Nick is a character.

The various "Awards" given out were really poorly scripted and acted out.
as you were

Woodbridge, CT

#4 May 21, 2009
I think it was great. Nick's goal was to entertain and he got a chance again last night, so good for him!
LATENTLY OFF

Danbury, CT

#6 May 21, 2009
LAIDOFF wrote:
F UDGE P ACKER AWARDS go to both Nick and Adam
and the obligatory "sodomy on my mind" award goes to YOU.
Danbury

Houston, TX

#8 May 21, 2009
LAIDOFF wrote:
F UDGE P ACKER AWARDS go to both Nick and Adam
Aren't you a SCHOOL TEACHER??!
of course

United States

#9 May 21, 2009
The continuous accolades given to people with limited talent and ability are partly why we are in the mess we are in as a nation.....

American Idol is an absolute joke with very little credibility for turning out talented artists, with the exception of Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson, the rest have been mediocre at best...

Some of the top performers of the past...and where are they now?

Fantasia? Taylor Hicks? Ruben Studdard? Katherine Mcfee? Elliott Yamin? Kimberly Locke? Glay Aiken?

There is more talent performing at local bars on a weekend that what they have...
Amused

New Milford, CT

#10 May 21, 2009
In response to Of Course... really, the people who want to be found as artists are the ones who make the effort. Regardless of the fact that some of the contestants on AI may suck, they have made the effort AND they have struck some sort of chord with the people signing the checks. So I'd put your money where your mouth is before you start judging. Perhaps they are not your cup of tea, but Tuesday's polls on AI shot to just under 100 million votes - if you think there is more talent in local bars, perhaps you should convince them to audition or get out of the damn bar and go somewhere that they can get discovered. I'm pretty sure a pop music show isn't going to be the downfall of America. I think your lack of common sense is part of the problem. Really, I'm not into the bubbly, sugar-coated pop scene either, but some of these kids have talent.
Homophobe

New Hartford, CT

#11 May 21, 2009
Is Rell gay? Is Dodd gay? Is Obama gay? Is Lawlor gay?
mike

Worcester, MA

#12 May 22, 2009
i think his putting brookfield on the map was great.stealing the show? come on 100,000,000 people voted on the winner and this kid stole the show, i don't think so. so many awards given out lately it's starting to look like the t-ball end of season awards day.regardless of who one the other guy didn't win 2nd place, he lost 1st place these are reality shows? gimme a break. when you see on truely reality shows and you see a dead body with it's blood still running down the sidewalk into the street , that's reality brother
ladeeda

Bethel, CT

#13 May 22, 2009
of course wrote:
The continuous accolades given to people with limited talent and ability are partly why we are in the mess we are in as a nation.....
American Idol is an absolute joke with very little credibility for turning out talented artists, with the exception of Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson, the rest have been mediocre at best...
Some of the top performers of the past...and where are they now?
Fantasia? Taylor Hicks? Ruben Studdard? Katherine Mcfee? Elliott Yamin? Kimberly Locke? Glay Aiken?
There is more talent performing at local bars on a weekend that what they have...
Get over it! American Idol is entertainment a time to relax and laugh a little stop taking it so serious. If you don't see the humor in Norman Gentle I feel sorry for you. He is another crazy wacky entertainer like Jerry Lewis, Red Skeleton, the Three Stooges to name a few. American Idol has brought entertainment back to TV there is a lot of talent out there and this show gives anyone the opportunity to be seen.
fan

United States

#14 May 22, 2009
I bet his Daddy Don is very proud of his boy....Money does not buy happiness.
I hate nick mitchell

Danbury, CT

#15 May 22, 2009
I will never buy oil from Mitchell Oil. Nick made this area of Connecticut look like crap!
ridgenative39

Hartford, CT

#16 May 22, 2009
I loved Nick's performance! He made me laugh and did a great job ENTERTAINING!
George

Burlington, VT

#17 May 22, 2009
fan wrote:
Mitchell Oil is terrible. A bunch of thieves. I hope Don is proud of his gay son--what an embarassment.
paula

Danbury, CT

#18 May 22, 2009
George wrote:
Mitchell Oil is terrible. A bunch of thieves. I hope Don is proud of his gay son--what an embarassment.
You're pretty embarrassing yourself, George. At least he didn't get nabbed in the parking lot of Pancho's and Gringo's with coke.
fan

United States

#19 May 22, 2009
paula wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretty embarrassing yourself, George. At least he didn't get nabbed in the parking lot of Pancho's and Gringo's with coke.
how do you know its george
paula

Danbury, CT

#20 May 22, 2009
fan wrote:
how do you know its george
George wrote:
(see: "george")
tired

Boston, MA

#21 May 22, 2009
George wrote:
<quoted text>Mitchell Oil is terrible. A bunch of thieves. I hope Don is proud of his gay son--what an embarassment.
I'm sure he is proud of his "gay son" What's not to be proud of? the guy's out there in the world, using his talent to entertain people. What are you doing?
tired

Boston, MA

#22 May 22, 2009
fan wrote:
who says they're not happy?
Proud of Nick

Saint Augustine, FL

#23 May 22, 2009
Clearly some of you need to come out of your caves and realize that its 2009! American Idol and the town of Brookfield CT appreciates Nick and is very proud of his accomplishments. He has a bright future ahead of him. As far as the ridiculous anti-gay comments, "Get a life" idiots!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Idol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kelly Clarkson Seen for the First Time Since We... Jun 11 Faloola Chong 1
News 'American Digger': Chicago Cops Bust Ric Savage (May '12) May '16 Capt Steven C Borsse 8
American idol Top 100 May '16 mwk89 1
News Kelly Clarkson's Daughter River Rose Waves An A... Apr '16 Faloola Chong 1
News Top Story'American Idol' crowns 15th and final ... Apr '16 Fact Checker 6
A Little Too Much From Jennifer Lopez Apr '16 Justin 1
News Kelly Clarkson's Daughter Takes Epic Easter Pic... Apr '16 Faloola Chong 1
More from around the web