American Dragon: Jake Long (Art Style...

American Dragon: Jake Long (Art Style Differences)

Since: Oct 08

Riverhead, NY

#1 Oct 4, 2008
Has anyone other than me noticed the art style differences between seasons 1 and 2 of American Dragon: Jake Long? In season 1, Jake's human form has a goofy smile and solid black eyes. His dragon form is somewhat buff. But in season 2, Jake (human form) loses the goofy smile and get spikier hair. He also seems a bit more confident and serious, and his eyes now have tiny white dots (probably realistic light reflection). But his dragon form is simply awful. He has a slight overbite, and a scrawny, thin, serpentlike body with thin arms and legs. All in all, Jake's human form in season 2 is the best, while his dragon form from season 1 is WAY better than season 2's.

Warren, MI

#2 Jul 15, 2009
I've noticed too, I always wondered why. That's how I ended up here. lol.

United States

#3 Apr 8, 2012
For me i never really liked the new animation at all cause it just seems cut out but after watching ive kind of learned to deal wuth it but it is still to simplistic and the the thing bugging me the most is jakes new dragon form instead of scales on his head his has his human hair and the switched to a chinese dragon design which would make since if if it werent for the first season and jakes fightong style alllso annoyed with the new hex sisters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Dragon Jake Long Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Dragon - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Florida 1
News American Dragon: Jake Long (Jun '07) Aug '08 Bryan Mueller 8
More from around the web