The Alvin Show is coming to CBS Famil...

The Alvin Show is coming to CBS Family Channel

Derek

San Clemente, CA

#1 Jul 8, 2007
20th Century Fox's version of "The Alvin Show" is coming to TV & DVD in full-color, showing all 26 shows, each with 1 Alvin and the Chipmunks episode, 1 Clyde Crashcup episode, and 2 musical segments, all as they were originally aired on CBS from 1961-1962.

Notable changes in 20th Century Fox's version of "The Alvin Show" are:

* Much like the audio version of the opening theme tune, the opening credits for the show will have Clyde Crashcup saying: "I am Clyde Crashcup" and "Clyde Crashcup, the great inventor".
* Much like the audio version of the closing theme tune, the closing credits will have the same dialogue added in each show.

According to 20th Century Fox, an upcoming live-action/CGI film "Alvin and the Chipmunks" with Jason Lee as the live-action David Seville, will be released in movie theatres around December 14, 2007; the show will be released in full-color on TV and DVD, and in black-and-white on DVD only.

Each DVD box set will feature all 26 Alvin and the Chipmunks episodes, 26 Clyde Crashcup episodes, and 52 musical segments featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks on 5 DVDs.

Also included on 5 DVDs are all extra bonus material like commercials for "Jell-O Gelatin Dessert", "Post Cereals", and "Soaky Soap", two original David Seville music videos from The Ed Sullivan Show in real-life action: "Witch Doctor" (in which David Seville gets the most-distinctive, high-pitched squeaky comedy sound when he sings the chorus) and "The Chipmunk Song" (in which Alvin and the Chipmunks first appeared in as hand puppets performed by the entertainer himself).

In January 1, 2008, 20th Century Fox's version of "The Alvin Show" will air on Viacom's new TV station "CBS Family Channel" in full-color, along with other real-life action and animated films and TV shows from past and present under the "CBS Paramount" and "20th Century Fox" banners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alvin and the Chipmunks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alvin and the Chipmunks family sue 20th Century... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Phantanos 1
News Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Chipettes (Jul '09) Jul '09 marissa 1
News 'Alvin's' broad appeal pays off (Jan '08) Mar '09 Jordan White 3
I can't Believe this is Happening (Mar '08) Sep '08 Chris DeFord 4
News Chipmunks to Sing Again (Jan '07) Sep '08 Chris DeFord 2
More from around the web