Ben Affleck playing 'Superman' actor ...

Ben Affleck playing 'Superman' actor of suicide mystery

There are 6 comments on the The Times story from Aug 5, 2006, titled Ben Affleck playing 'Superman' actor of suicide mystery. In it, The Times reports that:

I attended last week's press screening of director Allen Coulter 's new movie "Hollywoodland," which tackles the mystery of the suicide of actor George Reeves , most famous for playing the famed flying hero ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

Vee

AOL

#1 Aug 6, 2006
The original superman, played by George Reeves, did not commit suicide. They already established he was murdered. Just like Marilyn Monroe, Jimmy Rogers, Sal Mineo, and Bob Crane. These were just cover ups that were done so well, that we tend to rather believe that they are to blame and not done by the hand of others. People that should commit suicide are OJ Simpson. It is true what they say, only the GOOD die young.
metoo

Salisbury, MD

#2 Aug 6, 2006
got a link for that?
Vee wrote:
The original superman, played by George Reeves, did not commit suicide. They already established he was murdered. Just like Marilyn Monroe, Jimmy Rogers, Sal Mineo, and Bob Crane. These were just cover ups that were done so well, that we tend to rather believe that they are to blame and not done by the hand of others. People that should commit suicide are OJ Simpson. It is true what they say, only the GOOD die young.
nikki

AOL

#3 Aug 6, 2006
This looks like it will be a great film. Maybe it will shed some light on what really happened on that day of the party in 1959.
metoo

Salisbury, MD

#4 Aug 6, 2006
if only they used someone other than ben afflack
nikki wrote:
This looks like it will be a great film. Maybe it will shed some light on what really happened on that day of the party in 1959.
nikki

AOL

#5 Aug 6, 2006
yeah, I'm glad Adrian Brody is in it, though. Affleck might give a better performance than expected.
Northerner

El Paso, TX

#6 Aug 7, 2006
Good-looking boy, but when it comes to acting, Ben Affleck gets "two very big thumbs way down" :-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adventures of Superman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wire recorder (Nov '15) Nov '15 Keny 1
News Who Has Hijacked Superman and Turned Him Into a... (May '11) May '11 just another dude 1
News ! Amy Adams has big shoes to fill as Lois Lane (Mar '11) Apr '11 winchester89 2
News TV 'Superman' George Reeves Still Haunts Home W... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Superman 1
News Super-fan honors Reevesa memory (Jun '09) Jun '09 alan 4
News June 16, 1959: George Reeves, Superman, Felled ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 june 16th 1959 1
News It's 50 years since 'Superman' George Reeves died (Jun '09) Jun '09 Cant Wait 3
More from around the web