City and township gearing up for Violet Festival

There are 3 comments on the Jun 22, 2011, ThisWeek Community Newspapers story titled City and township gearing up for Violet Festival. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

The countdown is on, and entertainment and activities are set for the 14th annual Violet Festival, the largest event of the year for Pickerington and Violet Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

Suds Sam

Pickerington, OH

#1 Jun 22, 2011
Wow they still have the number one feature and that is the BEER garden. I think they plan to overwhlem the Pickerignton Police Department again and not charge the drunks. Yea thats right show the world just how many town drunks we have. That sounds real wholesome.
Undecided

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 27, 2011
So if you are gonna enter the grounds to become drunk, you don't have to pay the entrance fee?? Seriously???

And, yes, I have a problem with any church that sets up a booth or provides free assistance with this event that most proudly boasts about it's BEER GARDEN and yet still claims to be a family oriented event.
MissyAnn

Powell, OH

#3 Jul 2, 2011
Get over yourselves people. I bet you are two hermits that sit in your house and never visit a restaurant, oh maybe McDonalds since they don't have beer. If you don't want to attend because they have a beer garden that is your choice, but this is the USA and we all have a choice. I get so sick of people thinking that we all have to abide by what you believe is good and bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

According to Jim Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Disney Channel orders new comedy "Bits and Pieces" (May '12) Jun '12 Tallulah 2
News Oak Hill unveils plans for amphitheater (Jul '10) Jun '11 IHSPROD 9
News ABC Sets 'Dancing with the Stars' Return (Feb '11) Feb '11 chris jackson 1
News Appealing TV: Better With You, The Whole Truth,... (Oct '10) Nov '10 David11 2
News 'Tonight' quite a night for Brad Paisley when J... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Vlassic88 2
News New Legal Drama "The Defenders" Should Be Outlawed (Oct '10) Oct '10 4 state senators 2
News Belushi lawyers up in 'Defenders' (Oct '10) Oct '10 Lawyers 1
More from around the web