How come DISH NETWORK Satellite TV re...

How come DISH NETWORK Satellite TV refuse to carry TV ONE U.S. TV Network?

Posted in the Television Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Inkster, MI

#1 Dec 8, 2012
How come DISH NETWORK Satellite TV refuse to carry TV ONE a TV network that airs African American TV programs?
I am just curious.
I am now unable to watch TV ONE and have been unable ever since I have become a DISH NETWORK Satellite TV subscriber, last month.
I am going to switch to DIRECTV Satellite TV 2 years from now when my contract is up if DISH NETWORK still does not carry TV ONE in November of 2014.
Dish Network Corporation, commonly known as DISH, is an American satellite broadcaster, providing direct broadcast satellite service—including satellite television, audio programming, and interactive television services—to commercial and residential customers in the United States. As of September 2012, DISH provided services to 14.042 million subscribers.
TV One is an American television channel based in Silver Spring, Maryland and primarily owned by Radio One and NBCUniversal (through the network's original owner Comcast). It targets African American adults with a broad range of programming. The network airs original lifestyle, documentaries, and entertainment-oriented shows, movies, concert performances, as well as classic series from the 1970s through 2000s, such as The Jeffersons, Amen, A Different World, Good Times, Living Single and Martin.
TV One is available in over 38 million homes [1] via DirecTV, Comcast, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, AT&T U-Verse, Insight, and other smaller, regional cable television providers.
DirecTV, branded as DIRECTV, is an American direct broadcast satellite service provider and broadcaster based in El Segundo, California. Its satellite service, launched on June 17, 1994, transmits digital satellite television and audio to households in the United States, Ibero-America, and the Anglophone Caribbean.[2][3] Its primary competitors are Dish Network and cable television providers. At the end of 2011, DirecTV had 19.89 million subscribers.
DISH NETWORK is going to lose me as a customer and I am going to switch to DirecTV when my contract is up if they continue to refuse to provide the TV ONE network on their service.
Looking for TVONE

Darby, PA

#2 Dec 21, 2013
I search all channels looking for TVONE on Dish network no such luck. This is an important station to a lot of people & I hope that it is added soon to the network.
John Bees

Tucson, AZ

#3 May 22, 2014
Cox can thank Dish for being to stubborn to carry my favorite channel TVONE because as soon as they do, I will cancel Cox & switch to Dish. Until then I'll stay with cable.
Basw

Melbourne, Australia

#4 May 23, 2014
kyonki maa ki chut bandar.
Kenneth freeman

Newport News, VA

#5 Jun 20, 2014
John Bees wrote:
Cox can thank Dish for being to stubborn to carry my favorite channel TVONE because as soon as they do, I will cancel Cox & switch to Dish. Until then I'll stay with cable.
kenneth
Kenneth freeman

Newport News, VA

#6 Jun 20, 2014
They need to get tv one it sad
Itgoodstuff

Raleigh, NC

#7 Nov 19, 2014
I agree that should have it on. They give us two channels of The Blaze with Glenn Beck. Just realized they do not offer TVOne. Come on dish you advertise being a provider that has all channels, prove me wrong by addting TVOne
Anna Thomp

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Feb 22, 2015
I'm going to go back time Warner
Rachel

Washington, DC

#9 Mar 6, 2015
There are several 'African American' channels that they don't offer. Centric, which has primarily black shows, and Up (which used to be GMC or Gospel Music Channel) which shows most of the black gospel plays and movies. They also don't offer the channels that have the black preachers. I can only assume that they are racist. I got rid of them years ago and will NEVER go back, no matter WHAT type of discount they offer.
Consuela Lawrence

Headland, AL

#10 Mar 28, 2015
I'm a new customer and I would like to have TV 1 Consuela Lawrence
Pissed At Dish

San Francisco, CA

#11 Oct 27, 2015
As soon as my contract is up with Dish I'm leaving for a provider that offers TV ONe. This is ridiculous they're the only ones who don't carry that channel. I wonder why??????????
Paw1194

Montoursville, PA

#12 Nov 23, 2015
Rachel wrote:
There are several 'African American' channels that they don't offer. Centric, which has primarily black shows, and Up (which used to be GMC or Gospel Music Channel) which shows most of the black gospel plays and movies. They also don't offer the channels that have the black preachers. I can only assume that they are racist. I got rid of them years ago and will NEVER go back, no matter WHAT type of discount they offer.
Centric and Up are on Dish. Missing Tvone. You can contact Dish and submit a program request. Maybe with enough requests they'll come to some type of contract agreement and we'll be able to have TVone added to our channel list.
Marcilla green

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2016
It's bad dish does not have tv one I'm thinking hard about go to another satellite company that have tv one
angie j

United States

#14 Feb 19, 2016
I just had dish installed and tech lied to me,tvone and centric is very Important,I'm leaving dish
Lea

Falls Church, VA

#15 Mar 4, 2016
It is sad that Dish does not carry a No.1 black TV network. It does make you wonder if they are racist. Every provider that I know have this network. I have missed a lot of shows because of this. This weekend I am missing the Stellar Awards and not happy. Yes, I am thinking seriously about switching to Direct TV.
Anita lilly

Charlotte, NC

#16 Jun 11, 2016
Looking for TVONE wrote:
I search all channels looking for TVONE on Dish network no such luck. This is an important station to a lot of people & I hope that it is added soon to the network.
Krazy reasons ””"
prettylady6443

Little Neck, NY

#17 Jun 16, 2016
I am a Black person who home have two Dish receivers and pays $178.00 a month, and cannot have TVONE. Why not??? I called yesterday, and a customer service person said something like in order to get channel 678 I would have to get an "Indian" package. She didn't speak very well, and perhaps I didn't understand her. It's awful in 2016 you can't get a station that airs BLACK shows.
Justcute_22

United States

#18 Jun 17, 2016
Its sad dish hasnt added tvone im starting to believe the kkk owns dish
bostonbaby617

Bloomfield, CT

#19 Jul 6, 2016
They do in fact carry it. It is just bundled with a handful of Indian channels. The only english channel. Wh?!! No one knows.
Nicki

United States

#20 Sep 1, 2016
I think after my contract is up, im going back to direct tv. I miss tv one and a few other stations that's not offered and i ican have like to shows recording and i cant look at other stuff. I was told i would have tv one and i could record up to 5 shows while looking at live tv

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr John-K 313,666
News 2 Dead After Car Slams Into Tree In Fullerton 8 hr davy 4
News Author/Actor Raymond E. Lumsden Gets Thumbs Up ... (Mar '09) 11 hr Dustin R 1,847
News Joy Behar leaving 'The View' (Mar '13) 16 hr Joy Behar SUX 21
News Amazon will start collecting sales tax nationwi... 16 hr DeadThread 1
News Judge Jeanine DESTROYS Obama During Explosive R... (Feb '16) 18 hr Trumps 3rd Jezebel 4
News Watch Ted Movie Online Free (Aug '12) 19 hr jyvjhv 18
More from around the web