'Gold Rush Alaska' recap: Breakdowns,...

'Gold Rush Alaska' recap: Breakdowns, bad ground and compromise

There are 3 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 11, 2013, titled 'Gold Rush Alaska' recap: Breakdowns, bad ground and compromise. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Tempers flare as equipment breaks down on the new episode of " Gold Rust Alaska " . It is 90 days into the 150 day season as Todd Hoffman's crew is finally getting to work with their new trommel in place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Will

Aurora, CO

#1 Jan 14, 2013
January 14, 2013

Gold Rush Alaska is no longer believable.....at all.

It's easy to believe these guys are haven't learned enough about gold mining to be successful. However, it's impossible to believe that Noble Mining would have given any money to a crew that apparently never had enough ground to mine.

Seriously, the Hoffman crew has run their turbo trammel for 2 days this year and they are almost out of dirt to feed it? This isn't even remotely plausible, yet last episode had them exploring new ground. Who would invest in that? The answer is only a complete dummy.

I can only think of two plausible answers for running our of dirt:

1. Discovery Network is producing the show and paying the miners (actors) to the degree that successful mining is not very important to the operation and they had never looked into some of the basic logistics.

2. The Noble Mining involvement is simply a made for TV move that injects an element of excitement that the mine may be shut down and the guys would have to head home. This causes viewers to root for the miners.

Needless to say, the more implausible the story line gets the less compelling the show is to me....and I suspect other viewers.
socalgawfer

San Jose, CA

#2 Feb 8, 2013
The hypocrisy of praying for gold at the end
of the show was pretty telling.
The Hoffmans are phonies chasing their only god, money
show veiwer

Barstow, CA

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Their all losers. What a joke of a TV show. No way people are this stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 311,345
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 2 hr HotnPhx 897
News New DWI ads cost $300,000 to produce and broadcast 21 hr juanita 1
News Will smart-looking glasses do the trick for Ric... (Jun '15) Mon VorenusI 3
News Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Looks for Anothe... (Apr '11) Mon Mpilonhle Mthombeni 121
News Breaking Amish Return to Amish Mary's crochet a... (Jul '14) Mon linda Waddell 6
News Late-Night Lately: Selena Gomez's Coaster Karao... Sun kelly 2
More from around the web