1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be Ameri...

1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most Wanted Profile Case

There are 9256 comments on the NBC 33 News story from Mar 31, 2009, titled 1988 April Tinsley Murder To Be America's Most Wanted Profile Case. In it, NBC 33 News reports that:

It's been almost 21-years and police still need your help. The TV show America's Most Wanted is stepping in, to try to solve the decades-old April Tinsley murder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 33 News.

kokopelli4me

United States

#2980 Oct 12, 2009
I do not think the Creep that killed April knew her. I think it was a stranger abduction and April was the unlucky one. When the perp saw her walking alone, he made his move and abducted her.(High risk abduction, low risk victim). I also believe that April was killed fairly quickly after she was abducted. I do not think the perp meant for her to die so quickly. I think he had every intention of killing her but, did not mean for her to be dead for 2 days b4 he dumped the body. That may be one reason he redressed her.(If we assume the info of her being found clothed is accurate). He redressed her because at some point after he lived out his sick fantasies, he felt a moment of regret, remorse, compassion, or something akin to those emotions, etc..........
This I agree with you Sooner
kokopelli4me

United States

#2981 Oct 12, 2009
Gator wrote:
The railroads are all elevated. No stops. The police NEED to look at her famiily, who have continued to be non-supportive of ANY INVESTIGATION, then or now. Who moved away, and who threatened anyone who got the case reopened.
These would be the same fine fokes who let their very young daughter run free, in a very bad area of town, alone as long as she was home soon after dark. We are talking more then a mile away at age 7! They didn't care then. They don't care now. They refuse to take part in anything thecommunity has done or paid for in April's honor. White trash at it's worst. It is shameful and if more people would call CPS when they KNOW their neighbor is neglecting or abusing their child maybe we woud have less message threads about trying to solve a child's murder.
America's Most Wanted painted such a rosey picture. Middle class neighborhood. "April you know we're not suppose to walk alone." This child was in dope dealing parks after dark a mile from her house alone and her parents didn't give a rats ass.
<quoted text>
I agree that April should have been better monitored. Drop her off at a friends and pick her up after playing, but I would NOT go as far as to say her parents didn't care, unless you know them personally and heard them make that statement, don't JUDGE!
It was a harsh time in 1988 just like now. A lot of people were on unemployment etc... Maybe these people felt comfortable with their neighborhood even tho it was on the South side of town and unsafe to most opinions. April's parents were young then. That might explain why she was able to go that far alone. Younger parents do seem more carefree. But I do not think for 1 second that these people were not affected and torn by their little girls brutal murder. Think about it...week after week April's name was in the paper. Year after year went by without her killer being caught.
If these people were not burned out by drugs then all of the commotion that went on would have done so. It takes a toll on ones self to have your child raped,beat & murdered.
Not one of us can put ourselves in the shoes of April's parents and feel what they did the day little April's body was discovered and the LE had to go tell them.
kokopelli4me

United States

#2982 Oct 12, 2009
One thing that did trigger my nerves was the statement April's dad made to LE when she came missing. He said that there had been no screaming or yelling prior to her going to her friends. She would not have run away.
That did make me wonder how often it occurred for him to feel he had to say that?
kokopelli4me

United States

#2983 Oct 12, 2009
It was not her parents fault or anyone else for that matter what happened to little April. It was the sick, molesting, cold heartless killers fault... knew what he was doing and knew he was sick and did not try to find help for himself. There are killers that say they could not stop the devil inside from doing these things. It wasn't me, it was the devil inside. Cold Case Files on the Bio channel. The one guy said after he started raping the girl, he knew it was wrong, but the monster inside him made him keep going, then he strangled her to not get caught. He had to keep going after what the Monster started, to cover himself from being caught. He knew it was wrong but it was his addiction and made him feel relieved afterward. We should not have to put a leash on our children! Sick molesters, killers,rapists, etc are the ones that need the leash! If the LAW was better at putting the people away, and I mean AWAY...then things would be a bit different in society.
Ohhhhhhhh I need to blow some steam off already thismorning!
John Daly

Westbury, NY

#2984 Oct 12, 2009
Video Guy wrote:
<quoted text>This is January of "88"...do we know what happened? was he in prison or out walking the streets by April of "88"
Don't know, but I guess there's something to learn from downloading the article. When I get my "oh screw it" head on I'll probably do that.
kokopelli4me

United States

#2985 Oct 12, 2009
John Daly wrote:
Koko or Justice, could you possibly do me a favor and check the library for these articles? My account on newslibrary.com ran out and it went up ten bucks.
1. News-Sentinel, The (Fort Wayne, IN)- January 23, 1988
'MENTALLY ILL' VERDICT TROUBLING
The dogeared pages of CR-82-270 provided a haunting look at the criminal past - and possible future - of Michael Malinowski.The Allen Superior Court file, along with two accompanying files in which the 18-year-old Fort Wayne man was the defendant, told the story of a mentally disturbed teen whose four-month crime spree in 1982 may have included 30 burglaries and a number of sexual attacks.To two counts of burglary, Malinowski in 1983 pleaded guilty but mentally ill - a plea that meant...
==========
3. News-Sentinel, The (Fort Wayne, IN)- January 14, 1988
PAROLED BURGLAR LINKED TO SERIES OF BREAK-INS, RAPES
A man on parole for two 1983 burglary convictions has been arrested in connection with five sexual attacks of women during break-ins.Michael A. Malinowski, 23, was arrested at 10 a.m. yesterday by Allen County detectives after a four-month investigation into burglaries and sexual assaults in suburban neighborhoods northeast and southwest of Fort Wayne.He was in the City-County Lockup without bond on a charge of rape, three charges of attempted rape and one charge of criminal...
==========
4. News-Sentinel, The (Fort Wayne, IN)- April 13, 1983
ATTORNEY WANTS TEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON
A Fort Wayne teen-ager serving concurrent 10-year prison terms for burglary should be released because he's not receiving the mental health treatment he needs, his attorney contends.Michael A. Malinowski, 19, received the sentence in Allen Superior Court Oct. 26 after pleading ``guilty but mentally ill'' to two burglary counts. Although he admitted to only two St. Joseph Township break-ins, county police said Malinowski was a suspect in 30 burglaries and...
==========
That's the roofer from Spencerville. The reason I forgot about him was that I thought he couldn't be around for the barn notes, but there's a whole mental competency thing surrounding him.
JD, This is the guy I pointed out a while ago. I had an odd feeling when I read about him. Coincidence, maybe, but too much of his profile is eeery.
John Daly

Westbury, NY

#2986 Oct 12, 2009
kokopelli4me wrote:
<quoted text>
JD, This is the guy I pointed out a while ago. I had an odd feeling when I read about him. Coincidence, maybe, but too much of his profile is eeery.
yeah, Koko, I remember posting it, but I forgot about him because, even though everything fit, he would have been in jail at the time of the barn note. You followed up on it and I think read something saying that he was out at that time? Do you remember that, and do you recall the particulars?
Justice Is Comin

Grayslake, IL

#2987 Oct 12, 2009
John Daly wrote:
Koko or Justice, could you possibly do me a favor and check the library for these articles? My account on newslibrary.com ran out and it went up ten bucks.
1. News-Sentinel, The (Fort Wayne, IN)- January 23, 1988
'MENTALLY ILL' VERDICT TROUBLING
The dogeared pages of CR-82-270 provided a haunting look at the criminal past - and possible future - of Michael Malinowski.The Allen Superior Court file, along with two accompanying files in which the 18-year-old Fort Wayne man was the defendant, told the story of a mentally disturbed teen whose four-month crime spree in 1982 may have included 30 burglaries and a number of sexual attacks.To two counts of burglary, Malinowski in 1983 pleaded guilty but mentally ill - a plea that meant...
==========
3. News-Sentinel, The (Fort Wayne, IN)- January 14, 1988
PAROLED BURGLAR LINKED TO SERIES OF BREAK-INS, RAPES
A man on parole for two 1983 burglary convictions has been arrested in connection with five sexual attacks of women during break-ins.Michael A. Malinowski, 23, was arrested at 10 a.m. yesterday by Allen County detectives after a four-month investigation into burglaries and sexual assaults in suburban neighborhoods northeast and southwest of Fort Wayne.He was in the City-County Lockup without bond on a charge of rape, three charges of attempted rape and one charge of criminal...
==========
4. News-Sentinel, The (Fort Wayne, IN)- April 13, 1983
ATTORNEY WANTS TEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON
A Fort Wayne teen-ager serving concurrent 10-year prison terms for burglary should be released because he's not receiving the mental health treatment he needs, his attorney contends.Michael A. Malinowski, 19, received the sentence in Allen Superior Court Oct. 26 after pleading ``guilty but mentally ill'' to two burglary counts. Although he admitted to only two St. Joseph Township break-ins, county police said Malinowski was a suspect in 30 burglaries and...
==========
That's the roofer from Spencerville. The reason I forgot about him was that I thought he couldn't be around for the barn notes, but there's a whole mental competency thing surrounding him.
I can try to get down there Tuesday.I wrote down the dates, and name.
Justice Is Comin

Grayslake, IL

#2988 Oct 12, 2009
Cyber Suzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice
I just wanted ya'll to see this case, how this guy lives is beyond me he would have to be living under an alias name, he would not be able to file income tax otherwise, he is known to be transient and live in shelters, he is well aware LE is looking for him, he is most likely still living, there were posters of him all over the place years ago bus shelters etc. no leeds.
Sometimes the family helps a person hide.By senting the person money,or renting an apartment in thier name and the wanted person lives in it.He wont be able to hide forever.And he knows Justice is Comin.
Justice Is Comin

Grayslake, IL

#2989 Oct 12, 2009
Video Guy wrote:
<quoted text>This is a good theory as to why and where the notes were left but not for the 1988 abduction. The reason I say this is because of the time April was abducted. If an Ice Cream Truck was even working that early in the spring than 3:30-5:00pm would be their busy time...and we know April was not pulled into a Ice Cream Truck. He may have change jobs since then...he may have even worked at the School but I doubt it.
The season hadnt started yet,when she was abducted.Nor when the first 2 notes appeared in 2004.Im wondering if the person lived within the area of where the flyers where passed out in 2004.Which would mean he lives in the abduction area and worked in the ice cream trucks route, prior to the 2004 season.Just a thought.
John Daly

Westbury, NY

#2990 Oct 12, 2009
Justice Is Comin wrote:
<quoted text>I can try to get down there Tuesday.I wrote down the dates, and name.
I'll probably end up downloading them in the next few days, so don't bother unless you're itching to do it.
John Daly

Westbury, NY

#2991 Oct 12, 2009
Justice Is Comin wrote:

Just a footnote after they released the notes in 2006, Myself and friends covered the entire area with flyers. I put one the the barn door. I thought that was cool.
You put a flyer on the barn and didn't have any visitors or anything? I find that a little surprising. I thought they would have at least some kind of monitoring system.
Justice Is Comin

Grayslake, IL

#2992 Oct 12, 2009
John Daly wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know, but I guess there's something to learn from downloading the article. When I get my "oh screw it" head on I'll probably do that.
The Indiana Department of corrections isnt showing a Micheal Malinowski as a inmate or it appears hes not been one. Im wondering if he was sent to a mental instution.
Justice Is Comin

Grayslake, IL

#2993 Oct 12, 2009
John Daly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll probably end up downloading them in the next few days, so don't bother unless you're itching to do it.
Im itching, but I went out the other night;)Just kiddin. Let me know I can go down there if you want the info.
Justice Is Comin

Grayslake, IL

#2994 Oct 12, 2009
John Daly wrote:
<quoted text>
You put a flyer on the barn and didn't have any visitors or anything? I find that a little surprising. I thought they would have at least some kind of monitoring system.
It sets away from the house.But you are standing 10 feet from the road. Cars passed by but nobody said anything.I used tape so it didnt do any damage to the property.My way of pissing on the rodents turf.Or what he seems to think anyway.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2995 Oct 12, 2009
MICHAEL ALLEN MALINOWSKI

----------

Address(es):
Home - MICHAEL ALLEN MALINOWSKI
22318 CAMPBELL RD
SPENCERVILLE, INDIANA 46788
County: ALLEN

Employer - BEST ROOFING
344 E PAULDING RD
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA 46816

Employer - BEST ROOFING CO
344 E PAULING ROAD
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA 46816

----------

Race: White Complexion: Medium
Height: 5' 08" Weight: 174 lb
Eye Color: Blue Hair: Brown
Build: Medium

----------

Aliases: MAL

----------

Charges:
[35-42-4-1] RAPE
Cause: 02D04-8801-CF-29
Sentence: DOC 10YRS/COSTS
Conviction County: ALLEN
Conviction State: INDIANA
Conviction Date: 07/14/1988

[35-42-4-1] RAPE
Cause: 02D04-8802-CF-74
Sentence: DOC 10YRS/COSTS
Conviction County: ALLEN
Conviction State: INDIANA
Conviction Date: 07/14/1988

----------

Location hidden

#2996 Oct 12, 2009
Michael Allen Malinowski
Registration Type: Sex Offender
Offender Type: LIFETIME NOTIFICATION
Released: 11/22/1999
End Reg. Date:
Next Reg. Date: 12/24/2009
John Daly

Westbury, NY

#2997 Oct 12, 2009
Justice Is Comin wrote:
<quoted text>The Indiana Department of corrections isnt showing a Micheal Malinowski as a inmate or it appears hes not been one. Im wondering if he was sent to a mental instution.
http://www.insor.org/insasoweb/offenderDetail...

You have to click to get in. If it doesn't redirect you, just type the name in and Allen county. Let me know if you get there.
John Daly

Westbury, NY

#2999 Oct 12, 2009
Cyber Suzie wrote:
John
See the information I have already posted on Michael Allen Malinowski.......
Yep, I see that. The problem is the barn note. Either you or Koko told me previously that he was somehow out at the time of the barn note.

Location hidden

#3000 Oct 12, 2009
I notice there is no mention in this Malinowski's physical description of scars,tattoos etc. just the basics hair color, eye color,height,weight etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Freedomofexpression 317,503
News Kinew court record raises questions about 2004 ... 1 hr go away chug 19
News Kimmel calls Louisiana senator 'inbred' during ... 6 hr inbred Genius 4
News Will & Grace' is back and trying to to fit into... 7 hr Wondering 3
News S. Philly clinic that treats undocumented immig... 8 hr spytheweb 1
News Women Open up About Abortion in a New HBO Docum... (Aug '16) 10 hr WHITE TRASH TRAIL... 11
News Jimmy Kimmel blasts Sen. Bill Cassidy over 'Kim... 10 hr Big Al 17
More from around the web