Bourdain gets roasted by Rachael Ray, Guy Fieri

Oct 11, 2012 Full story: Sunherald.com 12

Bourdain may have earned his culinary fame eating his way around the globe, but he built his bad boy persona in part with searing assessments of fellow celebrity chefs.

Full Story
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#1 Oct 12, 2012
They're just jealous of Tony,he tells it like it is.
cougar

Floyd, IA

#2 Oct 14, 2012
You mean 'drunken Bordain'? Yeah, he class alright.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 18, 2012
I don't like Bourdain because he's just plain arrogant, but in some ways I think his opinions of various Food TV "chefs" are probably true. Just because these showboaters got their own Food TV shows doesn't mean their food is any good. Many of these people started out to be fun to watch but have morphed into annoying, overexposed jackasses. I used to like Paula Dean but now she just "yalls" the audience to death (and those plainly retouched magazine covers are beyond belief), and yeah Rach, we get it, you're not a chef, so you can stop repeating it ad nauseum now. At some point many of the shows stopped being about the food and just became about showmanship, over-the-top crazy creations and weird sets. Even low-key Ina Garten, formerly cooking in her small but quaint kitchen has become a globe trotting irritant. Let's go back to rustic, grandma's kitchen style cooking and forget the squid ice cream-Iron Chef bullshit.

“Life is a delicate negotiation”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 18, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
I don't like Bourdain because he's just plain arrogant, but in some ways I think his opinions of various Food TV "chefs" are probably true. Just because these showboaters got their own Food TV shows doesn't mean their food is any good. Many of these people started out to be fun to watch but have morphed into annoying, overexposed jackasses. I used to like Paula Dean but now she just "yalls" the audience to death (and those plainly retouched magazine covers are beyond belief), and yeah Rach, we get it, you're not a chef, so you can stop repeating it ad nauseum now. At some point many of the shows stopped being about the food and just became about showmanship, over-the-top crazy creations and weird sets. Even low-key Ina Garten, formerly cooking in her small but quaint kitchen has become a globe trotting irritant. Let's go back to rustic, grandma's kitchen style cooking and forget the squid ice cream-Iron Chef bullshit.
Paula Dean uses too much butter and Rachael is just annoying..

Location hidden

#5 Nov 18, 2012
I don't think Anthony Bourdain gives a rats ass whether he gets "roasted" or not. His No Reservations show was a hit and still is, and now that that it is over, He's doing the Layover. For his age, he's pretty cool.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#6 Nov 18, 2012
RINisuzuGrrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Paula Dean uses too much butter and Rachael is just annoying..
Yeah, the average home cook doesn't have 50 pounds of butter around to do Dean's recipes and Rachel is like nails on a chalk board.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 18, 2012
RINisuzuGrrl wrote:
I don't think Anthony Bourdain gives a rats ass whether he gets "roasted" or not. His No Reservations show was a hit and still is, and now that that it is over, He's doing the Layover. For his age, he's pretty cool.
I don't think he does either. I don't like him but I did enjoy the scathing public comments he made about Paula Dean and Rachel Ray a couple of years back.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't think he does either. I don't like him but I did enjoy the scathing public comments he made about Paula Dean and Rachel Ray a couple of years back.
Yeah when I read that article I couldn't help smiling.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, the average home cook doesn't have 50 pounds of butter around to do Dean's recipes and Rachel is like nails on a chalk board.
Agreed but I actually liked one show by Rachael,$40 a Day. I miss that.

Location hidden

#10 Nov 19, 2012
RINisuzuGrrl wrote:
<quoted text>
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/201...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#11 Nov 20, 2012
RINisuzuGrrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it was pretty blunt.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#12 Nov 20, 2012
RINisuzuGrrl wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed but I actually liked one show by Rachael,$40 a Day. I miss that.
Many of these people were enjoyable in the earlier days of their shows. It's been maybe the last few years when they started to get annoying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are ghosts real? (Dec '07) 1 min lon brooks 164
We Need More Gay Sex on TV 8 min Buford 66
Yuna Lee named 40/29 News Sunrise Co-Anchor 49 min Fan of Leon The Man 3
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 1 hr FYI 230
Kelli Stapleton tells Dr. Phil: Jail 'much kind... 1 hr Linda K 1
Teresa Giudice: Forced to Spread Nicole Napolit... 1 hr cringing italo-am... 1
RHONJ: 'I'm Numb,' Says Teresa Giudice After Pl... 2 hr cringing italo-am... 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000