Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Star...

Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Stark Picture of Romney Presidency

There are 2380 comments on the ABC News story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Stark Picture of Romney Presidency. In it, ABC News reports that:

The Georgetown law student shut out of a Congressional hearing on contraception earlier this year is basking in the glow of the Democratic National Convention 's prime time stage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#912 Sep 23, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text> That's not the case at all. Businesses and organizations may choose whatever kind of benefit package they want. You're nothing more than an entitiled bich who expects a hand out and will use whatever excuse you can come up with to get one. Disgusting pos.
Sorry, but they may not choose one based upon ONLY a religious objection, which imposes their religious beliefs on their employees.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#913 Sep 23, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can verbally criticize the Catholic Church or any OTHER church all we want, serfie, it's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Don't like our criticizing the church? Tough. It isn't up to you to approve what views we can or cannot express here.
No problem. but the laws are encroaching and interfering with them. And you certainly have shown no tolerance of freedom of speech from people who disagree with you. No matter, as the vicious tyranny expands and we see people abused and maimed and killed by the growing tyranny, I will get chuckles out of it. I tell you, I recently saw a tape of a pregnant woman getting tazed and kicked by a fascist progressive loving feminist approving law enforcement officer that backs you up. Thumbs up to you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#914 Sep 23, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are making a choice as to what benefits they will offer, and they have every right to do that. The problem with many of you is that you demand that others respect your choices while at the same time you deny them theirs. Just because you have a right to something does not mean that you have the right to force me to provide it for you.
No, the BENEFIT, is the prescription plan, which they have already CHOSEN to offer their employees. What they are doing is discriminating against ONE legal medication that is also used to treat a valid medical condition, based SOLELY upon a religious objection to one use of said medication, not knowing WHICH use is being made of said medication, thus imposing their own religious beliefs on all employees.

I most certainly respect the choice of each and every Catholic woman to make her own reproductive choices, even when they are based upon her religious beliefs.

You are not my employer who is already offering me prescription benefits, but is denying me one medication because you don't like it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#915 Sep 23, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for asking, but who provides a prescription for condoms?
Thank you for showing us your brightest bulb.
Exactly. I should have read ahead :)
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#916 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the BENEFIT, is the prescription plan, which they have already CHOSEN to offer their employees. What they are doing is discriminating against ONE legal medication that is also used to treat a valid medical condition, based SOLELY upon a religious objection to one use of said medication, not knowing WHICH use is being made of said medication, thus imposing their own religious beliefs on all employees.
I most certainly respect the choice of each and every Catholic woman to make her own reproductive choices, even when they are based upon her religious beliefs.
You are not my employer who is already offering me prescription benefits, but is denying me one medication because you don't like it.
Heres an idea. How about you don't need a perscription to buy birth control pills.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#917 Sep 23, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> If I need help it is because I was driven insane by man made laws that circumvent the nature of humans. Sixteen per cent of Americans are now having psychological issues to some degree to keep on the subject. Because of people like you, I will watch a terrorist walk by with a nuke and not say a word. Unless I get paid of course. And you know, I appreciate being an American. We are lucky compared to most of the world. That is what its all about now ain't it. And that is a reason why a state of tyranny not unlike the Soviet Union or NAZI Germany is blossoming.
Man made laws that circumvent the nature of humans?

Yeah I get tired of "man" made religions and their laws that dictate the nature of women as subservient and inferior.

I am sure it drives men like you crazy that they are no longer allowed to dictate to women as their submissive little twits. I am sure it it drives men like you crazy that women are now educated enough to see beyond the male hierarchy BS.

Women in this country are lucky that they do not have to follow asinine male based religions that deem them as second class and follow the dictates of male superiority or leadership.

Blaming women like me for the psychological issues of another is ignorance at its best, your attempt at guilt tripping doesn't work, I was raised catholic and I know all about guilt tripping.

Your tactics and you are ignorant to the utmost degree.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#918 Sep 23, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres an idea. How about you don't need a perscription to buy birth control pills.
But one does need a prescription to do so. One also needs to have a physical exam in order to GET that prescription.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#919 Sep 23, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I get tired of "man" made religions and their laws that dictate the nature of women as subservient and inferior.
I am sure it drives men like you crazy that they are no longer allowed to dictate to women as their submissive little twits. I am sure it it drives men like you crazy that women are now educated enough to see beyond the male hierarchy BS.
Women in this country are lucky that they do not have to follow asinine male based religions that deem them as second class and follow the dictates of male superiority or leadership.
Blaming women like me for the psychological issues of another is ignorance at its best, your attempt at guilt tripping doesn't work, I was raised catholic and I know all about guilt tripping.
Morganna, I never dictated to any woman. Most guys I know never did either. Except if they went to the refrig and got a drink. all I want is my money. and frankly, without a high tax rate, you are nothing. You can't exist without it. There are to many fraud feminists who are really inferior to average men. Of course now that we are paying through the nose in taxation it makes everything look better. but you and I both know the real reason. America will get a massive depression. And if we are lucky a very limited nuke attack. I am sorry Morgana. But these things will happen. Lower the total tax take including everything hidden in our bills to 20% and I will agree totally with you. I am not some warrior that wants to keep women down. Its just that the more you speak my wallet is lighter. One other thing. Learn to understand men who are hateful to you and men who are thumping their chests to feel they are important.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#920 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
But one does need a prescription to do so. One also needs to have a physical exam in order to GET that prescription.
Much easier if you don't need one. The physician could recommend the type.

Big pharmacy, the doctors and the government work hand in hand.

See how that works.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#921 Sep 23, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Much easier if you don't need one. The physician could recommend the type.
Big pharmacy, the doctors and the government work hand in hand.
See how that works.
You can't get BC pills without a prescription from a doctor, based upon an exam. These are not condoms we're talking about here, an exam is needed for medications.

Until they are sold over the counter, you have no point.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#922 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but they may not choose one based upon ONLY a religious objection, which imposes their religious beliefs on their employees.
They can offer whatever they want for whatever reason, or not offer anything at all. Why do you want to take away a person's rights.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#923 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They can offer whatever they want for whatever reason, or not offer anything at all. Why do you want to take away a person's rights.
No one is talking about a person. We're talking about a business. BTW, the business ALREADY offers the benefit; a prescription plan. What they are doing is discriminating against one legal medication also used to treat a valid medical condition, based SOLELY upon a religious objection to ONE use of said medication. Which imposes religion on the employees, and that is unconstitutional.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#924 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get BC pills without a prescription from a doctor, based upon an exam. These are not condoms we're talking about here, an exam is needed for medications.
Until they are sold over the counter, you have no point.
What about Catholic employers don't pay for bith control you have no point. You friggin moron as shole butt whipe flea bag. Shut the f up.

A 2010 study published in the journal Obstetrics & Gynecology found that 33 percent of doctors always require a pelvic exam and Pap smear for a hormonal contraception prescription, and 44 percent regularly do so, even though there's no medical reason for linking the two.

Dr. Carolyn Westhoff, an ob-gyn at Columbia University, wrote in the Journal of Women's Health last year.

Indeed, all this excess treatment has serious negative effects. Mandatory pelvic exams often deter women from seeking contraception in the first place. Failing to get contraception puts women at risk for the much more likely problem of an unwanted pregnancy, which is far more dangerous than getting birth control pills without a pelvic exam.

Despite not being very good at detecting cancer, annual pelvic exams are great at turning up stuff that if left alone would never cause a problem—things like noncancerous fibroids and ovarian cysts the patient never noticed. Discovery of such "problems" in exams usually leads to a surgical intervention. "The clinical trial data show no evidence that pelvic examination improves the early detection of ovarian cancer or diagnosis of other conditions in women who have no symptoms," Westhoff says. "Overuse of the pelvic examination contributes to high healthcare costs without any compensatory health benefit."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/04/d...

Are you a Liberal? I have always notived that Liberals only look at whats in front of them they never look at the whole picture.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#925 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic employers don't pay for birth control. You have no point.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#926 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is talking about a person. We're talking about a business. BTW, the business ALREADY offers the benefit; a prescription plan. What they are doing is discriminating against one legal medication also used to treat a valid medical condition, based SOLELY upon a religious objection to ONE use of said medication. Which imposes religion on the employees, and that is unconstitutional.
Birth control is a medical condition? Since when?
Ocean56

AOL

#927 Sep 23, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
Me too, Morgana. By the time I was in my twenties, however, I had kicked the toxic baggage of the RCC to the curb, and never had one second of regret for doing so.

Isn't it great to have our OWN power to make individual sexual and reproductive decisions, instead of allowing the RCC to dictate them FOR us?

For ME, secularism = FREEDOM. No dogmas required.
gossamer

Roseville, MI

#928 Sep 23, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you let men stick their thing inside you.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#930 Sep 23, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text>
One other thing. Learn to understand men who are hateful to you and men who are thumping their chests to feel they are important.
You can learn to kiss my royal Irish azz.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#931 Sep 23, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you let men stick their thing inside you.
What I do or don't do is none of your fricking business ya catholic idiot freak.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#932 Sep 23, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control is a medical condition? Since when?
Look at you, you don't even know what you are talking about!!

Go back to your corner and lay by your holy water dish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democrats hope to send Trump, Republicans a mes... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 9
News CBC changes mind, plans to reair the Tragically... 2 hr Gord 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr silly rabbit 314,353
News Emory Professor Carol Anderson on "White Rage: ... 6 hr lol 7
News 'The Voice' winner is ... Chris Blue 18 hr sogoHHH 2
News Breaking Amish Return to Amish Mary's crochet a... (Jul '14) Wed dbessette 9
News Is it depressing to be single in Wichita? Reali... Wed jenibaz 1
More from around the web