White Lightning Hatfields & McCoys Re...

White Lightning Hatfields & McCoys Reality Series Debuts August 1 on History Channel

There are 96 comments on the Huntington News story from Jul 23, 2013, titled White Lightning Hatfields & McCoys Reality Series Debuts August 1 on History Channel. In it, Huntington News reports that:

To this day, the Hatfields and McCoys still live along the West Virginia and Kentucky border on the same land where their ancestors waged America's most notorious family feud.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Huntington News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
real mccoy

Washington, NC

#1 Jul 28, 2013
this show is a joke !!!!!!!!
Just a girl

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jul 28, 2013
real mccoy wrote:
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't ...
Regardless, it is a positive thing for our area. Hopefully it was bring people here and get people talking about where we live. Hopefully the show will create interest and therefore, money.
Is it really a bad thing to be reconized for this show (good or bad) instead of that place where their sheriff got shot or that place where the bodies keep washing up along the river ?
Get "real, McCoy" !
U are obviously jealous.
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jul 28, 2013
Just a girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't ...
Regardless, it is a positive thing for our area. Hopefully it was bring people here and get people talking about where we live. Hopefully the show will create interest and therefore, money.
Is it really a bad thing to be reconized for this show (good or bad) instead of that place where their sheriff got shot or that place where the bodies keep washing up along the river ?
Get "real, McCoy" !
U are obviously jealous.
Do bodies keep washing up??
sham

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Jul 28, 2013
i went to the "opening" at the distillery it was a joke they did the argument like 6 times and some dude was telling the hatfield guy what to say. i went inside theres no bathroom no water no gas no nothing. its all fake!!!!!!!!!!
Chicken Hawk

Kodak, TN

#5 Jul 28, 2013
HappyMrsJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do bodies keep washing up??
Yeah it's the Red Jacket Denmark Sucker. He's the Tug Drowner. He'd done tried to kill me by drowning me. But he know I'd poke him in the eye with my bullet. Everybody strap up, get yourself a gun. And that's instant immunity from the Denmark Drowner.
get real

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Jul 28, 2013
sham wrote:
i went to the "opening" at the distillery it was a joke they did the argument like 6 times and some dude was telling the hatfield guy what to say. i went inside theres no bathroom no water no gas no nothing. its all fake!!!!!!!!!!
its not fished yet and the real open day will be sep 25
Chicken Hawk

Kodak, TN

#7 Jul 29, 2013
Anybody got a pint or two for sale. Don't want that radiator blind shit either.
Uncle Earl

United States

#8 Jul 30, 2013
Chicken Hawk wrote:
Anybody got a pint or two for sale. Don't want that radiator blind shit either.
I farted
McCoy

Angier, NC

#9 Aug 2, 2013
real mccoy wrote:
If they are going to do a show they should use people that are really mccoys not fakes
Fake_Fake_Fake

Smithers, WV

#10 Aug 2, 2013
this show is such a fake. Showing Gilbert, WV truck drivers and saying it is in Pike, KY. What a shame these people are trying to make a dollar from WV/KY heritage. Shame, Shame, Shame. Only reason Hampden Coal Loadout was used is due to the fact it is beside RT. 52 and can easily be accessed. Also, coal is not mined from the place Mr. McCoy walked from. Coal Miners are not even on that property. That is simply where coal is processed and loaded onto trains. My Goodness. I am laughing typing this thinking about how they are selling this to the rest of America.
REAL MCCOY

Washington, NC

#11 Aug 2, 2013
The McCoy's are really Quick's from Logan they do not live in the house that was on the show and the red car that the Hatfields had is really Brad {McCoy} Quick's car. So FAKE they need to take it off.
Hollywood-

Wilmington, NC

#12 Aug 2, 2013
Not sure what you expect...it's TV- ie entertainment...you really think Bill Dance catches all those fish in 30 min..... Also, you might be careful what come comes out of your mouth, I guaran-damn- tee there is at least one McCoy in there!
well

Pikeville, KY

#13 Aug 2, 2013
dumbest show I ever saw
steveo

Cocoa, FL

#14 Aug 4, 2013
real mccoy wrote:
What is a real Mccoy doing on the Old Logan county (Now Mingo) side of the Tug anyway? Shouldn't you be in the Dry county of Pike in KY?
steveo

Cocoa, FL

#15 Aug 4, 2013
Fake_Fake_Fake wrote:
this show is such a fake. Showing Gilbert, WV truck drivers and saying it is in Pike, KY. What a shame these people are trying to make a dollar from WV/KY heritage. Shame, Shame, Shame. Only reason Hampden Coal Loadout was used is due to the fact it is beside RT. 52 and can easily be accessed. Also, coal is not mined from the place Mr. McCoy walked from. Coal Miners are not even on that property. That is simply where coal is processed and loaded onto trains. My Goodness. I am laughing typing this thinking about how they are selling this to the rest of America.
I use to live in Logan County now Mingo County for almost 100 yrs and I lived in Pike County I Knew McCoy s on the KY side and Hatfield s on the WVA side and I can tell you none of them acted like the clowns on this show. They did the same thing to the Jersey Shore kids, hell half of them weren't even Italian and they weren't even from Jersey. Yes I lived there too.
oh no steveo

Logan, WV

#16 Aug 4, 2013
steveo wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to live in Logan County now Mingo County for almost 100 yrs and I lived in Pike County I Knew McCoy s on the KY side and Hatfield s on the WVA side and I can tell you none of them acted like the clowns on this show. They did the same thing to the Jersey Shore kids, hell half of them weren't even Italian and they weren't even from Jersey. Yes I lived there too.
Just how damn old are you?
QUICK fact

Dayton, OH

#17 Aug 4, 2013
John's never met a foreigner? How is that possible when he attended Marshall University...?

Why even bother blurring out the license plates? We all know that blue bar at the top signifies a WV plate.
QUICK fact

Dayton, OH

#18 Aug 4, 2013
For future reference, the real Hatfield and McCoy families signed a peace treaty in Pikeville, KY years ago. Way to keep a nonexistent feud going.
Rick

Kodak, TN

#20 Aug 5, 2013
I turned it off. It was stupid. I watched like 15 minutes of it, and that was ENOUGH. I think it's more of a old person show.
lot 4

Orlando, FL

#21 Aug 5, 2013
Rick wrote:
I turned it off. It was stupid. I watched like 15 minutes of it, and that was ENOUGH. I think it's more of a old person show.
You are old and decrepit aren't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lucy Liu can easily do the splits, like itÂ’s no... 1 hr William Wallace 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr zef 311,926
News Moderator Lester Holt under scrutiny during debate 4 hr bottlecap 18
News Manager: I reprimanded Trump over Machado remarks 4 hr xxxbimbos 3
News Vice President Joe Biden talks 'It's On Us' on ... 7 hr Le Jimbo 2
News Daniel Radcliffe calls Hollywood racism 'undeni... 16 hr Cute Firm Nice Ma... 8
News Widely-known priest and author will speak at Je... 17 hr scottjames 4
More from around the web