Donny Osmond enchants fans with tales...

Donny Osmond enchants fans with tales of Michael Jackson

There are 316 comments on the Examiner.com story from Feb 9, 2012, titled Donny Osmond enchants fans with tales of Michael Jackson. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Donny Osmond appeared on The Dr. Phil Show yesterday and he enchanted fans with tales and stories about his good pal, Michael Jackson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#186 Feb 28, 2012
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, give me your mom's name. I'll write a song about her.
Who's mum did MJ defame in a song, yours?

Location hidden

#187 Feb 28, 2012
jim - wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting ~ I wonder how much contact they had with each other through the years?
I have no idea but their parallels are interesting. Their mothers played wind instruments too. I love the sound of the clarinet and sax.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#188 Feb 28, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's mum did MJ defame in a song, yours?
You don't really believe your dull response contains anything remotely clever, do you?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#189 Feb 28, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have continued along the lines of "They don't care about us", by writing more songs in that genre. The raw honesty was gutsy and brilliant. He should have taken his music with him underground, instead of having the establishment dictate to him what and how he should do things.
I would've stayed away from the angry military beats.

What would've worked was soulful ballads and funky jams.

I would've recorded it live in the studio with musicians.

What MJ needed to do was do songs like "Human Nature"

I would've hired a producer that knew how to do a real recording.

"Remember The Time" is another fine example.

Imagine an album that flows as one piece and tells a story?

I don't think Sony was dictating to MJ at all.

The material and production was too high in the mix, too glossy.

I would've gone for a more stripped down production with a band.

But that is my opinion on where he should've taken the music.

In order to have made another masterpiece, he need inspiration.

Instead, he went for tacked on computerized overproduction.

It kind of ruined his later day albums greatly and the songs.

Of course, it's too late now.

He should've went in another direction, working with other artists.

“Ars longa, vita brevis”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#190 Feb 28, 2012

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#191 Mar 11, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
All the money in the world can never buy Simmons class. It bought him a lot of plastic surgery though. He and his wife have had more reconstruction done on them than what Michael Jackson ever did.
Gene Simmons and his wife still look human, as opposed to resembling bleached reptiles.

Gene Simmons and his wife don't pretend they never had plastic surgery, as opposed to lying on camera and saying they only had two nose jobs.

Location hidden

#192 Mar 12, 2012
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Gene Simmons and his wife still look human, as opposed to resembling bleached reptiles.
Gene Simmons and his wife don't pretend they never had plastic surgery, as opposed to lying on camera and saying they only had two nose jobs.
Michael Jackson didn't look like a reptile and did look human. His skin condition was not a part of plastic surgery. Making fun of a terrible illness is heartless.

Michael Jackson looked good before his makeovers and continued to do so right till the end. I have noticed that Simmons and his wife have not aged well despite their makeovers. They will look like shit not matter how their surgeon lifts their pudgy skin.

An NFL Fan

USA

#193 Mar 12, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Jackson didn't look like a reptile and did look human. His skin condition was not a part of plastic surgery. Making fun of a terrible illness is heartless.
Michael Jackson looked good before his makeovers and continued to do so right till the end..
It's just like you to refer to Wacko's surgical butchering as 'makeovers'. Were those facial outrages performed by Dr Coco Chanel?

Had any of your anti-Semitic posts removed lately, bigot?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#194 Mar 12, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Jackson looked good before his makeovers and continued to do so right till the end. I have noticed that Simmons and his wife have not aged well despite their makeovers. They will look like shit not matter how their surgeon lifts their pudgy skin.
Molesting children after getting them high and drunk is heartless.

Gene Simmons and his wife still have their noses.
Jermaine

Vermilion, OH

#195 Mar 12, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>

I agree.

“What a gay day in”

Since: Feb 12

Chazzy's back passage

#196 Mar 12, 2012
Jermaine wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Me three. Michael didn't look like no reptile.
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#197 Mar 12, 2012
ChouChou wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, some reptiles are cute.
persephone

Sunnyvale, CA

#198 Mar 12, 2012
octopus brain wrote:
<quoted text>
Molesting children after getting them high and drunk is heartless.
Gene Simmons and his wife still have their noses.
There's no proof that MJ ever did any of those things.
persephone

Sunnyvale, CA

#199 Mar 12, 2012
ChouChou wrote:
<quoted text>
Me four. He had beautiful eyes and a sweet smile. And let's not forget that lithe and agile body.

An NFL Fan

USA

#200 Mar 12, 2012
persephone wrote:
<quoted text> There's no proof that MJ ever did any of those things.
'That in and of itself isn't proof Wacko Jacko paid out to families for molesting their children.'
persephone

Sunnyvale, CA

#201 Mar 12, 2012
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
'That in and of itself isn't proof Wacko Jacko paid out to families for molesting their children.'
One has to wonder why so many families were so happy to settle if their sons really had been molested.

An NFL Fan

USA

#202 Mar 12, 2012
persephone wrote:
<quoted text> One has to wonder why so many families were so happy to settle if their sons really had been molested.
By whose standard are you lazily addressing that point, Jugsy? For one, the option of sparing children from excruciating testimony is not a new concept, but what would a steely-eyed lawyer such as you know of children?
persephone

Sunnyvale, CA

#203 Mar 12, 2012
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
By whose standard are you lazily addressing that point, Jugsy? For one, the option of sparing children from excruciating testimony is not a new concept, but what would a steely-eyed lawyer such as you know of children?
If anyone is going to make such a serious accusation, then I definitely expect that accuser, regardless of age, to be subjected to the same kind of questioning and treatment that anyone else making a criminal accusation would receive.

An NFL Fan

USA

#204 Mar 12, 2012
persephony wrote:
<quoted text> If anyone is going to make such a serious accusation, then I definitely expect that accuser, regardless of age, to be subjected to the same kind of questioning and treatment that anyone else making a criminal accusation would receive.
As a lawyer, you understand that's not necessarily the case, don't you, Jugsy?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#205 Mar 12, 2012
persephone wrote:
<quoted text> There's no proof that MJ ever did any of those things.
"Wacko Jacko feeding little boys Jesus Juice is not in and of itself proof of his pedophilia".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From Amish to Ozarks, not the same old stories (Jun '08) 3 min WhoKares 46
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards (Jan '16) 2 hr BONDI Indabag 17
News Donald Trump unleashes on 'dopey' Mark Cuban, t... 2 hr HEsAjoke 1
News Thomas Gibson Fired from a oeCriminal Mindsa Af... 6 hr Needhotch 2
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr cpeter1313 311,871
News Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to divorce? 21 hr Jesses_Girl 5
News Viewer's Guide: Look for trust, temperament the... Sat Plum2662 2
More from around the web