Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#20577 Feb 22, 2013
I doubt you'll see sign picketers at the rock of worship ESA tonight. Wish I could say the same thing for the beginning of April.
Again

Morristown, TN

#20579 Feb 22, 2013
Gal. 1:6-9

Joseph Smith should have quoted those verses to the false angel Moroni. The word of god is indeed a 2 edged sword...if you know it well enough to use it properly.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20580 Feb 22, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
the video was about the church from it's inception. The focus was on the practice of blood atonement, not polygamy, which as most people are aware of is still practiced in the sense of celestial wives.
The current situation is a direct result of the teachings of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. Just because a fundamentalist offshoot church is following the teachings of this horrible practice currently does not negate who started it, nor the history of the murders committed because of it such as the Mountain Meadows Massacre that was orchestrated by Brigham Young according to the consensus amongst secular historians.
The problem you are facing now in attempting to defend this church is the easy access to information available to all of us on the Internet and the known fact of your church's tactic of lying for the lord that has been revealed by more than one ex-mormon here on the internet.
Lying for the lord destroys all credibility of anyone defending your church.
Most reasonable people following this debate here on topix are going to put their trust in historians and other experts on the matter that are outside of your church.
The topic is "Are Mormons Christians". I have presented more than this video as evidence of my stand on the issue in following this thread and so have others.
I urge all of those trapped in this church and any church that rejects the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to wake up to what science is confirming to be real. It's much bigger and much nicer than anything envisioned by false religions based on hate and fear such as the organization of Later Day Saints.
We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
I don't believe in this "lying for the Lord" idea. I've never heard it taught before. Perhaps the truth is just too simple for some people, so they write it off as a lie.

Blaming Joseph Smith for the gross practices of modern fundamentalists is like blaming Thomas Jefferson for the war in Iraq. Sure some of the beliefs have carried through, but you can't blame him for everything they are doing.

Thanks for sharing the thought though.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20581 Feb 23, 2013
Here are a few sites documenting the practice of Lying for the lord that is practiced by the Mormon church:

http://www.exmormon.org/lying.htm

http://www.mormonwiki.org/Lying_for_the_Lord

http://www.mormonthink.com/lying.htm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...

http://www.lifeaftermormonism.net/video/lying...

http://www.lifeaftermormonism.net/forum/topic...

this is just a few of the 1,120,000 hits I got with Google for the phrase "Lying for the lord ex-mormon"

Mormons that claim to have never heard of the phrase "lying for the lord" crack me up!

Lying for the lord to protect the image of a church that practices lying for the lord!

It doesn't get much more absurd than this!

The Mormons themselves!
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20582 Feb 23, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
CUT FOR SPACE
CAPITALS NOT YELLING ONLY TO DENOTE MY RESPONSE TO YOUR POST

Unbroken history? Of course a form of Christian belief continued. The Church does not claim that a form of Christian belief did not continue. A lot of doctrines and teachings were changed over the last 2000 years, and they continue to change today.
YES UNBROKEN HISTORY, IT IS A FACT AND DECLARED BY SECULAR UNIVERSITIES AROUND THE WORLD. CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN PRACTICING CHRISTIANITY IN THE SAME FORM SINCE ITS INCEPTION IN 33AD OR PENTECOST TAKE YOUR PICK. AGAIN NO ONE EXCEPT LDS DOUBTS THIS.

One example from scripture: John 3:16 in the KJV reads "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosover believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

This version of the scripture clearly indicates that Jesus Christ was God's "only begotten Son," meaning, that Jesus Christ was the only one begotten in the flesh.
YOUR ABOVE VERSE IS NOT A VERSION IT IS A TRANSLATION THAT WHEN EITHER TRANSLATION IS RECKONED WITH THE REST OF SCRIPTURE NO MEANING HAS CHANGED CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE REMAINS THE SAME.. YOU STATE JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE BEGOTTEN IN THE FLESH THAT IS YOUR CONCLUSION BUT IF WE ARE TO TAKE YOUR ILLOGICAL TO ITS NATURAL CONCLUSION THAN FATHER GOD IS SPIRIT AND HAS NO FLESH AS YOU CLAIM BECAUSE YOU CLAIM ONLY JESUS WAS BEGOTTEN IN THE FLESH, AND THEN WAS I NOT A SPIRIT IN PREEXISTENCE AS LDS TEACH WAS I NOT BEGOTTEN IN THE FLESH SO CLEARLY YOU HAVE NOT THOUGHT THIS TROUGH AND ONCE AGAIN ARE REFERRING TO SOME LDS GUIDELINE BOOK THAT YOU HAVE NEVER TESTED AS YOU HAVE CONTRADICTED YOURSELF AND LDS DOCTRINE.

However, the New International Version reads "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
AGAIN AS STATED ABOVE

Do you see the difference? In this particular verse the New International Version alienates the rest of the human family. It says that God only has ONE son. What happened to the rest of us being adopted into the family of God?
WOW NO IT SAYS HE HAS THE ONLY ONE BEGOTTEN SON. I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE I HAVE 4 CHILDREN I HAVE ONLY BEGOTTEN TWO OF THEM AS I ADOPTED TWO. TWO ARE OF MY NATURE, THE HOLY SPIRIT GOD CAME UPON MARRY AND SHE WAS WITH CHILD AND SHE WAS STILL A VIRGIN. HE IS THE ONLY ONE JESUS THAT CAN CLAIM A VIRGIN BIRTH BEGOTTEN OF GOD THE FATHER WHO IS GOD. HE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH THE NATURE OF GOD AS HE IS THE ONE TRUE GOD.

In John 20:17 of the NIV we get the confirmation that God is our Father, but to the reader who hasn't read the KJV, they see a contradiction. They see John 20:17 saying that God is our Father, yet in John 3:16 we read that God only has one Son.
AGAIN GOD ONLY HAS ONE BEGOTTEN SON THE REST ARE ADOPTED GRAFTED IN.
PLEASE PLEASE STUDY THE MEANING OF THE WORD “METAPHOR”

It is in this manner that we find many of the plain and simply truths of the gospel being lost over the centuries through transcription, translation, and "simplification."
NO WE DON’T YOUR HEAR SAY IS CLEARLY HEAR SAY. IF YOU WISH TO START A THREAD ON THE RELIABILITY OF THE SCRIPTURES I WILL BE THERE.

As far as other scriptures being lost, there were quite a few books left out of the Bible.
WHY ARE YOU SO DAFT TO EQUATE LEFT OUT (NO CONSIDERED SCRIPTURE) TO BEING LOST?
IF THEY ARE LEFT OUT THEY ARE NOT LOST MAKE UP YOUR MIND AGAIN IT CAN’T BE BOTH YOU ARE A POSTING CONTRADICTION MACHINE.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20583 Feb 23, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are one God. Read the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 15:
"1....I would that ye should understand that God himself shall come down among the children of men, and shall redeem his people.
2. And because he swelleth in flesh he shall be called the Son of God, and having subjected the flesh to the will of the Father, being the Father and the Son-
3. The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Son-
4. And they are one God, yea, the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth.
5. And thus the flesh becoming subject to the Spirit, or the Son to the Father, being one God, suffereth temptation, and yieldeth not the temptation, but suffereth himself to be mocked, and scourged, and cast out, and disowned by his people."
We believe in one God, in the way it is stated in the Book of Mormon.
Exaclty you belive in MORON theology Christians don't recognize the BOM as scripture. Christians never have and never will.

It is a book that has been changed more in less than 200 years than your false claims of the Bible in in 3000 years.

The BOM not one text exists that predates 1830.

It is a JOKE on every level

Literary.
Archaeological
Theological
Rational
Logical

It is not of God.
All Christians say so.
qaxyax

Monessen, PA

#20584 Feb 23, 2013
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20585 Feb 23, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied some general history of Christianity. Basically it

CUT BECAUSE ITS SPAM.
Again until you have studied Christian church history beyond your LDS propaganda Sunday school and evening/morning classes where some one spoon feeds you a story that you never actually go out and independently verified you are at the least a naked babe in the woods.

What I cut out as spam above is you ranting about something that you admittedly have never studied.

I am an Electrical Eng. I would not with out studying Chemically engineering in a degree program then working in the field for some time engage in a discussion where I told those who have studied and worked as a chemical engineer for years how to they should build a chemical storage facilitate and rebuke them after only reading cliff notes.
Yet you are trying to do that with 2000 years of Christian history.

Truth Matters go study to show yourself approved first then get back to me.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20586 Feb 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
First you need to quit lying and twisting what wasn't said to make people think your statement which is a lie is truth. Smith never said he did more than Jesus. That's anti-Mormon lying for their cause. I dare you to state what Smith actually said.
all righty then lets take a look at some of J.S. not so finer moments.

Drum roll please.

Joseph Smith boasted that he did more than Jesus to keep a church together.

"God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil--all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet ... " (History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 408-409). Click here to see this quote in context.

Joseph Smith said the Book of Mormon was more correct than the Bible.

"I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book," (History of the Church, vol. 4, p. 461).

Joseph Smith made a false prophecy (one of several).

"...I prophesy in the name of the Lord God of Israel, unless the United States redress the wrongs committed upon the Saints in the state of Missouri and punish the crimes committed by her officers that in a few years the government will be utterly overthrown and wasted, and there will not be so much as a potsherd left ... " (History of the Church, vol. 5, p. 394). Click here to see this quote in context.

Joseph Smith said mothers have babies in eternity and some are on thrones.

"A question may be asked,‘Will mothers have their children in eternity?' Yes! Yes! Mothers, you shall have your children," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 10). "Eternity is full of thrones, upon which dwell thousands of children reigning on thrones of glory, with not one cubit added to their stature," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 10).
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20587 Feb 23, 2013
cont... from above

Joseph Smith said that God was not always God.

“We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see. These are incomprehensible ideas to some, but they are simple. It is the first principle of the Gospel to know for a certainty the Character of God, and to know that we may converse with him as one man converses with another, and that he was once a man like us; yea, that God the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ himself did, and I will show it from the Bible”(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp.345-346. Italics in original).

Joseph Smith said there are many gods.

"Hence, the doctrine of a plurality of Gods is as prominent in the Bible as any other doctrine. It is all over the face of the Bible ... Paul says there are Gods many and Lords many ... but to us there is but one God--that is pertaining to us; and he is in all and through all," (History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 474). "In the beginning, the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods; and they came together and concocted a plan to create the world and people it," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 5).

Joseph Smith said the Trinity is three gods.

"I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods," (Teachings of Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 370).

Joseph Smith said God was once a man.

"God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted Man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens...I say, if you were to see him to-day, you would see him like a man in form -- like yourselves, in all the person, image, and very form as a man....it is necessary that we should understand the character and being of God, and how he came to be so; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity, I will refute that idea, and will take away and do away the veil, so that you may see....and that he was once a man like us; yea, that God himself the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth the same as Jesus Christ himself did." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 3).

Joseph Smith said our greatest responsibility is to seek after our dead.

"The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p. 7).

Joseph Smith said that there are men living on the moon who dress like Quakers and live to be nearly 1000 years old. Since he was wrong about the moon, is it safe to trust him regarding the way to Heaven?(The Young Woman's Journal, vol. 3, p. 263-264. See reprint in Mormonism -- Shadow or Reality? by Jerald and Sandra Tanner, p. 4.)

OH YEH he was nutter from the word MORNI

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20588 Feb 23, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again until you have studied Christian church history beyond your LDS propaganda Sunday school and evening/morning classes where some one spoon feeds you a story that you never actually go out and independently verified you are at the least a naked babe in the woods.
What I cut out as spam above is you ranting about something that you admittedly have never studied.
I am an Electrical Eng. I would not with out studying Chemically engineering in a degree program then working in the field for some time engage in a discussion where I told those who have studied and worked as a chemical engineer for years how to they should build a chemical storage facilitate and rebuke them after only reading cliff notes.
Yet you are trying to do that with 2000 years of Christian history.
Truth Matters go study to show yourself approved first then get back to me.
You are a copy cat.... lol... you can't even come up with your own logic to argue to someone else... you stole mine>[email protected]!
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20589 Feb 23, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are one God. Read the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 15:

We believe in one God, in the way it is stated in the Book of Mormon.

My REPLY
Mmm so not the way J.S. stated it then. MMMmm can't be both
So then lets take a test I found online at http://www.mrm.org/knowledge-test

In 1841 Joseph Smith declared that the Book of Mormon was "the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 194).

In light of such a fantastic claim, it behooves an individual to take a serious look at the precepts found in the Book of Mormon. Take a few moments and test your knowledge of what Joseph Smith also called the "most correct book of earth."

1._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that Elohim (God the Father in Mormonism) was once a mortal man and that he was not always God?

2._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that God has a body of flesh and bones?

3._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that God is married in heaven?

4._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that men can become Gods?

5._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that temple participation is necessary to become exalted?

6._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach Jesus and Lucifer are brothers?

7._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach the blood of Christ does not cleanse certain sins?

8._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that a person can lose his salvation if he is not baptized on behalf of dead relatives?

9._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say there is more than one God?

10._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say males must hold either the Aaronic or Melchizedek Priesthood?

11._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say you can't drink coffee or tea?

12._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that there are "three degrees of glory"?

13._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that the Holy Ghost is a son of God just as Jesus is a son of God?

14.______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that God allowed the Nephites to practice polygamy?

15._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that if a man wishes to be saved he must have a woman by his side?

16._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that faithful members must wear sacred undergarments that have the power to protect them?

17._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that official church doctrine must be voted on by the general membership?

18._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that the Black race (seed of Cain) survived the flood because the devil needed a representation on earth?

19._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it say that God is the offspring of another God who, in turn, is the offspring of still another God, etc.?

20._______ Where in the Book of Mormon does it teach that the highest level within the celestial kingdom is the "Church of the Firstborn"?
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20590 Feb 23, 2013
Answers
1. God a mortal man - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never says God was once a mortal. In fact, it teaches that God was always God. Take for instance Moroni 8:18. It says God is "unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity." Joseph Smith, however, taught, "We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity, I will refute that idea, and take away the veil so that you may see" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 345).
2. God has a body of flesh - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never says God has a body of flesh and bones. On more than one occasion it clearly teaches that God is a God of spirit (see Alma 18:2-5, 24-28; Alma 22:9-11).
3. God is married - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never teaches God is married.
4. Men becoming Gods - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never says men can become Gods.
5. Temple participation - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never mentions mankind must participate in temple ordinances in order to become exalted.
6. Jesus and Lucifer brothers - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never teaches Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.
7. Cleansing power of Christ's blood - If you said it doesn't, you're right. Never does the Book of Mormon hint that there are sins beyond the cleansing power of Christ's blood. However, second LDS Prophet Brigham Young taught, "There is not a man or woman, who violates the covenants made with their God, that will not be required to pay the debt. The blood of Christ will never wipe that out, your own blood must atone for it; and the judgments of the Almighty will come, sooner or later, and every man and woman will have to atone for breaking their covenants (Discourses of Brigham Young, p.385). Mormon Apostle Bruce McConkie wrote, "But under certain circumstances there are some serious sins for which the cleansing of Christ does not operate, and the law of God is that men must have their own blood shed to atone for their sins" (Mormon Doctrine, pg. 92).
8. Baptism for the dead - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never teaches baptism for the dead is a necessary ordinance. In fact, the Book of Mormon teaches if a person dies in his sins, the devil has sealed him his and this is the final state of the wicked (see Alma 34:34,35). However, 10th LDS President Joseph Fielding Smith stated, "If we wilfully neglect the salvation of our dead, then also we shall stand rejected of the Lord, because we have neglected our dead; and just so sure their blood will be required at our hands ...we cannot be saved without them" (Doctrines of Salvation 2:145,149).
9. Plurality of Gods - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never teaches there is a plurality of Gods. In fact it strongly teaches there is only one true God (see Alma 11:26-29).
10. Priesthood - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never mentions either the Aaronic or Melchizedek priesthood.
11. Can't drink coffee or tea - If you said it doesn't, you're right. This is taken from Doctrine and Covenants 89. Still, this health law never mentions coffee or tea specifically, only "hot drinks." Mormon General authority George Q. Cannon included soup in this prohibition when he said, "We must not permit them to drink liquor or hot drinks, or hot soups or to use tobacco or other articles that are injurious" (Journal of Discourses 12:223).
12. Three degrees of glory - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The celestial, terrestrial and telestial kingdoms are never mentioned in the Book of Mormon.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20591 Feb 23, 2013
13. Holy Ghost is a son of God - If you said it doesn't, you're right. Only Jesus and those who embrace Christ as their Savior are given that title in the Book of Mormon. Under the heading of "Holy Ghost," The Encyclopedia of Mormonism states, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that the Holy Ghost is a spirit man, a spirit son of God the Father."
14. God's approval of Nephite polygamy - If you said it doesn't, you're right. Jacob 2:27 makes it clear that the Nephites were to only have one wife and no concubines.
15. Must have a woman to be saved - If you said it doesn't, you're right. However, Brigham Young taught, "No man can be perfect without the woman, so no woman can be perfect without a man to lead her. I tell you the truth as it is in the bosom of eternity. If he wishes to be saved, he cannot be saved without a woman by his side" (as quoted on page 245 of The Miracle of Forgiveness).
16. Protective Garments - If you said it doesn't, you're right. The Book of Mormon never mentions "garments of the Holy Priesthood" yet temple Mormons are told that if they do not defile them, the garment will "be a shield and a protection" to them against the power of the destroyer.
17. Doctrine to be voted on - If you said it doesn't, you're right. Never were the words of the Book of Mormon prophets sustained by the believers in the Book of Mormon in order to be considered official teaching.
18. Seed of Cain - If you said it doesn't, you're right. However, third LDS Prophet John Taylor said, "And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham's wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God" (Journal of Discourses 22:304).
19. God having a father and grandfather - If you said it doesn't, you're right. However, Joseph Smith claimed, "If Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and John discovered that God the Father of Jesus Christ had a Father, you may suppose that He had a Father also" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg.373).
20. Church of the Firstborn - If you said it doesn't, you're right. Such an expression is never used in the Book of Mormon.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20592 Feb 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a copy cat.... lol... you can't even come up with your own logic to argue to someone else... you stole mine>[email protected]!
I am the Cat that has go your tongue as you can't refute a post I have posted.

To steal logic from you is impossible, you have not posted any.

Truth Matters please start posting some.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20593 Feb 23, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies.
You're an expert of what sex I'm? LOL!!!!

Marysville, CA

#20594 Feb 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...fricking pathetic bald faced liar, liar, liar of your own words.
You stated more than once that the LDS teach... "You're God started out as a man." Do you need that capitalized? to get your attention to what you stated the LDS teach liar?
You said THE LDS RELIGION TEACHES "YOU'RE GOD STARTED OUT AS A MAN."
And they teach no such thing. You're wrong by your own misinterpretation of what all they have said about the matter. And you don't have a fricking ounce of Christian honesty to admit what you claimed was not correct. You would rather stand and defend your lie.
The LDS faith have never, ever, taught that God the Father or Jesus Christ had their beginning as God when they took on a body of flesh and blood as we have. Never stated, never written.
The LDS teach that Jesus's godship began when he was a spirit, not as a human. They teach God the Father gave Jesus the power to create all that exists in the name of the Father. They teach that when all is said and done after the judgement day, God the Father is going to give to Jesus all that he created to be his own. Revelations teaches that will happen.
Get a fricking ounce of honesty in yourself and when you're in error, just admit it instead of justifying your lie. That would be the Christian thing to do if you really are a Christian?
I've proven and it pisses you off. You have yet to prove with even one statement what you claim Mormonism teaches. So keep BSing, you're full of crap.

Marysville, CA

#20595 Feb 23, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
Here are a few sites documenting the practice of Lying for the lord that is practiced by the Mormon church:
http://www.exmormon.org/lying.htm
http://www.mormonwiki.org/Lying_for_the_Lord
http://www.mormonthink.com/lying.htm
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...
http://www.lifeaftermormonism.net/video/lying...
http://www.lifeaftermormonism.net/forum/topic...
this is just a few of the 1,120,000 hits I got with Google for the phrase "Lying for the lord ex-mormon"
Mormons that claim to have never heard of the phrase "lying for the lord" crack me up!
Lying for the lord to protect the image of a church that practices lying for the lord!
It doesn't get much more absurd than this!
The Mormons themselves!
Here is a current video of a Mormon leader instructing missionaries to "lie for the Lord":
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20596 Feb 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a current video of a Mormon leader instructing missionaries to "lie for the Lord": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9zA-rZQB-xQXX
Wow and I say again WOW

Just watched this video

You could not get more arrogant or disrespectful to your fellow human being. By not answering a direct question with a direct answer.

HOW deceitful never seen such a video before and I am taking it this is the LdS norm, I always though it must be as when I engaged LDS they all give the same line almost word for word.

It is clear the man in the clip does not know how to practice Christian LOVE, he apparently has not read his Bible either.

2Ti 4:1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:
2Ti 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2Ti 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
2Ti 4:5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20597 Feb 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a current video of a Mormon leader instructing missionaries to "lie for the Lord": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9zA-rZQB-xQXX
thanks for sharing that. The arrogance of this group is similar to the group I grew up in, the Jehovah's Witnesses. They have a similar strategy called theocratic warfare and of course like the Mormons deny that it exists and then are puzzled why people don't believe their denials.

Actually they share a lot of similarities in how they originated. Both are founded by men who belonged to occult groups, Joseph Smith was a Freemason as was Brigham Young and Charles Taz Russel was a Rosicrucian.

Both of these occult groups, the Rosicrucians, and the Freemasons deny the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel at the core of the teachings of the historical Jesus and both the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses went along with the occult view of a fragmented universe held to by both the Rosicricians and the Freemasons to build their monolatrous cosmologies.

Both religiong claim to be guided by prophets of the Lord and yet both fell for the erroneous hybrid error made in 1270 by a Roman Catholic Monk:

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/index.php...

what is really ironic in the choice of this word as the name of their respective gods is that in the Hebrew that it was intended to form a correct pronunciation of the tetragrammaton It actually means "god of mischief, god of calamity"

I think it is an excellent choice in names considering the many calamities both churches have been involved in, even though the name is far from inspired, and anyone clinging to it is living in extreme denial of facts in protecting their cherished prophets and the cults they have formed!

But perhaps the saddest thing the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses have in common is the death of the innocents by the teachings of the church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women Open up About Abortion in a New HBO Docum... (Aug '16) 14 min WHITE TRASH TRAIL... 13
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Truth is might 317,517
News Trump Blames 'Many Sides' for Violence in Charl... 5 hr MamaSays 41
News Kimmel calls Louisiana senator 'inbred' during ... 6 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 6
News Kourtney Kardashian thinks Scott Disick's new r... 9 hr Parden Pard 1
News Kinew court record raises questions about 2004 ... 13 hr go away chug 19
News Will & Grace' is back and trying to to fit into... 19 hr Wondering 3
More from around the web