Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20463 Feb 20, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
First you said because Jesus saw God the Father in the Flesh you concluded that God the Father had Flesh.
I prove he did see God in the Flesh even with LDS teachings and now again you post this merry Go round post that ignores you fundamental error in logic.
Ro 1:19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Ro 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Ro 1:22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
You have become a Fool
Ohh, I'm sorry about that. This all makes sense now. I see why you were responding the way you did. My point and case were not that Jesus saw God hence God has flesh. My point was that Jesus Christ said that he has done nothing except he has seen the father do it. In other words, if Christ came to have a body, God must have done that at some time too.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Location hidden

#20464 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
The forum must ask themselves this question do you know what literary style is.
If we are to take your way of thinking as being correct we would have to concluded God is a Bird as in Pslams he surronds his people with his wings as a Hen does her chicks.
It is a metaphor.
So the LDS can take what ever indivdual verse they want and build a false doctrine frome it by ignoring the direct teachings of scripture Where God declares he is Spirit.
That is here nor there however to this thread as the premise of this Thread is whether or not Mormons are Christians.
All Sambrotherofnephi is showing us is there is no way they can be called Christian.
They believe completely opposite to what Biblical, 1st century, 300 AD 1000 AD and 2013 AD Christians believe.
You are entitled to your opinion your can believe what you want.
However you can not call it Christian as your SECT came 2000 Years after the FACT.
IF you wish to debate side issues I will meet you in another thread.
YOU can try all you want to take this thread down a rabbit trail that has nothing to do with the threads premise but I am no fool and I won't bite.
The above quoted text sounds like a dodge, but I'll roll with it. My point is, you can't say our view of God being visible is "unChristian" when we can back it up in the Bible. But perhaps that is debatable and such a discussion would be a rabbit trail leading off the topic of this forum.

A few questions I would like answered:
Note: I apologize if you have answered these questions previously on this forum. I simply don't have the time or patience to sift through the last few hundred pages I missed.

-How would YOU define a Christian and why?
-What is your religious background?
-How did you come to your belief in your faith?
-Do you think our loving Savior would tell me that I am not a Christian?
-Do you think I am going to hell? Why?
-How can I be saved?(Not applicable if you don't think I need saving)

I hope that by answering these questions we can get to the meat of this forums topic.

Thanks!
And Again

Morristown, TN

#20466 Feb 20, 2013
Gal. 1:6-9

Joseph Smith should have quoted those verses to the false angel Moroni. The word of god is indeed a 2 edged sword...if you know it well enough to use it properly.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20467 Feb 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
Dana makes all these statements are designed to bait people...

then when he hooks someone, he picks and chooses what part of an entire post he will attack

---

He is a master manipulator.

He doesn't care who he hurts because his drive comes from his own personal quote:
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to embrace fantasies just to please a phony religion that only wants to run every detail of my life without giving me anything in return. Sorry, that's not going to happen.
No response to the rest. It was just all BS.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20468 Feb 20, 2013
RE-POST
piratefighting wrote:
tell us again how GOD says that it's ok for YOU to kill HOLY PROPHETS...
Post #16209 10-2-2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just did. You're too ignorant and afraid to read it.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20469 Feb 20, 2013
REPOST # 15884
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your LDS God that is "filthy, dark, depraved, angry, hateful, vulgar". He hates blacks, he hates gays, and he f**ks his daughter. I'm sure Satan is happy you worshiping him.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20470 Feb 20, 2013
REPOST 15884
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Intentional stupidity isn't going to save your filthy perverted, pig of a Prophet or Faith.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20471 Feb 20, 2013
REPOST 15888
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been many false God's throughout human history, you dried up tit.
<quoted text>
Yes, the fake ones created by a child molester prophet and his followers. I know you're as stupid as pile of horse dung, but try to follow a conversation one time, OK?
<quoted text>
Says the multi personality b!tch.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20472 Feb 20, 2013
REPOST 15861
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
]And you worship a bastard God. One created in your own image. Your God lies when he claims to be just. I worship an honest God, one that promises not to put more on us than we can handle. Your God is a pig.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20473 Feb 20, 2013
REPOST 15835 Quote From Dana

Only the false ones of the LDS church. The Old Testament says to kill the false prophets.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20474 Feb 20, 2013
REPOST <Exposing Dana & his quotes>

mrs dane roberts

You are a cry baby... trying to be a bully, so you can make your own Church.

185 year Church standing on the foundation of God... Jesus Christ Church. THe History and principles can't be perverted by trash like you.

->You are replica of Cain... so jealous of his brother Able that he killed him.

Isn't that' what you threatened:

-> you will "Crucify Jesus Christ himself"
-> you will kill his prophets
-> you call God the Father a "bastard", a "pig", "retarded"

then, of course there's your famous saying....

Dana Robertson wrote:

<quoted text>
I'm not going to embrace fantasies just to please a phony religion that only wants to run every detail of my life without giving me anything in return. Sorry, that's not going to happen.

What exactly do you want from God?

YOU HAVE NEVER ANSWERED THAT...
is it because your ashamed of your behavior or is it because you think your too good to be responsible for your actions?

Jesus came down here and died for you. Isn't that enough?

You don't want to embrace a religion that wants to run every detail of your life without giving you anything in return?

EXCUSE ME?

Isn't that what God's intent is... for you to adhere to his plan... the one you agreed to when you chose to come down here?

yet, you won't even act decent or moral because you don't get anyting in return?

WHAT?

YOU REALLY ARE A MORON!

Continue to:

Mock it all you want... today.
Celebrate your followers... today.

God will win in the end.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20475 Feb 20, 2013
Dana said

"I would crucify Jesus Christ himself if he taught polygamy to the Jews"

Dana... is a self serving manipulative life term blogger who lies about truths. She/He does everything because of personal

Agenda.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20476 Feb 20, 2013
Dana... just for your information.

"::: GOD STILL WINS!"

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20477 Feb 20, 2013
Dana... SAME QUESTION?

HOW MANY GOD's are we discussing again?

Are you really to ignorant to realize that God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

We have 1 Heavenly Father.... he is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

It's the different religion sects that are different!

What is wrong with you.

IF YOU WOULD CLICK ON A LINK OCCASIONALLY AND RESEARCH FACTS you would understand how all the different religions came to exist in the dark ages until Jesus restored HIS Church.

You're so angry that you can't see logic anymore.

Location hidden

#20478 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
That sounds very nice and is quite interesting its Mormon Doctrine but not Christian
Christians 2000 Years ago believed the following and we believe it today.
Mt 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Angels in heaven are not married.
Another irrefutable fact why Mormons are not Christians they are MORMONS.
I totally agree with Matthew 22:30. In heaven we can't marry. It doesn't say anything about not being married if already married.

Peter says we will be married when he says that the husband and wife will be "heirs together of the grace of life" in 1 Peter 3:7

How can we be heirs together in heaven when we no longer have that marital relationship?

Location hidden

#20479 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
This is one case in which I will answer your question with a question that to which I am not to found of doing.
HOW COULD Abraham recongnize somebody he had never seen before right of the Bat??
When you answer that question you will have the answer to your question.
REMEMBER he had never seen Jesus before.
REMEMBER even by LDS teachings Jesus did not dwell in the flesh or have flesh till the Incarnation when his flesh was born to Mary.
YOU have not thought this through take some time.
Answer:
1. The spirit takes a form
2. Spirit/holy ghost testifies

Location hidden

#20480 Feb 20, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find a similar statement in every Ensign. The church has been bitten in the butt so many times by it's own publications they make such claims in almost every publication to have a cop out. In the 60's and 70's "Mormon Doctrine" was a must have for every member of the church and could be found in most of their homes.
Dana,
Where did you read that you can find similar statements in every Ensign?

I am sitting in my home at this moment looking at page 3 of my Ensign. A section says "The Ensign is published monthly by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..." There is no disclaimer.

The Ensign IS published by the Church.

Location hidden

#20481 Feb 20, 2013
lamer wrote:
So what i got out of this thread seems to be that the Mormons consider themselves to be christians yet, everyone disagrees with them.
Pretty much.

I think I have the right to say I'm a Christian.

I believe in God and I believe in Christ, he is my Savior, and his sacrifice is the only thing that is going to allow me to get into Heaven.

Yet some people are telling me that believing that is not enough to call yourself a Christian.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20482 Feb 20, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith matters more than your supposed truth that you pretend to comprehend liar.
Actually you are once again in error.

Faith in a lie is suicide.
Faith in Truth is LIFE>

They go hand in hand if you are missing either on of them you are missing everything,

Jesus is the Truth and the way.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#20483 Feb 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodged the question and not well. But I understand why you dodged it :)
You stated the following...
"These are excellent points you bring up here.
You are welcome to your LDS view on them.
But here is the kicker.
For over 2000 years all Christians have believed that Jesus did as he saw the father do with his spiritual eyes. Even the LDS teach Jesus did not have bodily form in heaven he got his body when he came to earth.
Thus even by LDS teaching Jesus never had seen God the father with eyes of flesh before his incarnation and even then not until he ascended.
So even by your own teachings the ONLY way Jesus could do what the Father was doing was by spiritual means. Thus your conclusion that God the Father was flesh is illogical and erroneous."
Your first error is the LDS have always taught that even as spirits, we all had the same shape and form as our physical bodies encompass. That our spirits had a trunk, head, arms and legs and genitalia but that the spirit was of a purer material then what the body is made of.
So the premise of your whole argument is incorrect and wrong because you stated it on information that was incorrect and wrong.
The LDS believe God the Father and God the mother came here from another time and space in bodies of flesh and bone, to create all that exists because it was their time to be Gods of their own time and space and worlds they would create.
And that is how the LDS believe that Jesus saw what the Father did and knew what to do besides the fact that he learned all he knew how to do from the Father by word and deed.
So by the LDS teachings, to them it is not illogical and erroneous to believe they are and can be as their creator in word and deed and substance and shape and form.
You have to base your argument/debate on how the LDS actually believe and teach to have a good argumant/debate, just saying :)
No they LDS have not always taught we have the same form as Spirits as we do our physical bodies but hey if I am wrong quote your MORMON Scriptures that prove me wrong. Redeemer no fringe or unofficial LDS documents.

I await your proof.

But the point was not if LDS teach it, the point that you did a dance around is Christians have never taught it from Christianity's inception till today.

That is why Mormons are not Christians

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama: US misjudged Iraqi army, militants' threat 1 hr the Light 43
Ashton Kutcher is not playing Walter Isaacson's... (Apr '12) 1 hr Walter Harold Marlin 83
Arrested Muslim Cleric Faces Hannity Again to B... 2 hr Joe 10
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr STO 305,851
Response to Bill O'Reilly: Jesus Didn't Start a... 4 hr yehoshooah adam 378
General Hospital Spoilers: Sam and Patrick Flir... 6 hr amw 2
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 6 hr dmw 50

Television People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE