Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,002

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16987 Oct 9, 2012
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY wrote:
<quoted text>
Our temples do have beds in them.
Yes, YOURS do.

http://texasflds.wordpress.com/2009/04/04/gro...

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16988 Oct 9, 2012
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
We believe that man will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
We believe that the first principals and ordinances of the gospel are first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second, repentence; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, laying.on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the gospel and administer the ordinances thereof.
We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely apostles, prophets pastures, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
Joseph Smith wrote that. Joseph also cheated on his wife Emma and married 33 different women and was sealed to them. If you believe what he wrote you must believe in practicing polygamy too. Joseph Smith was a false prophet. It warns in the Bible of false prophets like him.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16989 Oct 9, 2012
Father Overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all possible. The church would be telling 14 million people to turn there backs on the proclamation of the family. And stop comparing gayness to race. It's not comparable.
It is when you are born that way. And it is possible because it has happened before when the church told it's members to turn their backs on their racist policy of denying blacks the priesthood. That was God's will also until 1978.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Yuba City, CA

#16990 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to see the truth as to why you don't know what you are talking about, click this link and read it! I was mormon and did attend conference and I myself saw from the side the screens they read off of.
http://www.examiner.com/article/lds-general-c...
"Not only were the sermons teleprompted, I witnessed the Lord's anointed getting cues on their prepared prayers by artificial means. Everything was tightly timed, with the GAs supposed heartfelt petitions to heaven, as well as their ostensibly Holy Ghost-inspired sermons, precisely orchestrated and slotted into the overall script, so that the camera operators could, on cue, cut to commercial breaks, or to warm and fuzzy Red Square (er, Temple Square) vignettes, or to the chime of the Nauvoo Bell.[The Mormon Curtain—Section 6, Feb. 11, 2008]"
At each conference, since the year 2000, there are approximately 105 full-time and on-call employees who coordinate teleprompting, sound control, lighting, filming, directing, recording, translating, satellite broadcasting and more.
If Jesus himself were to return today, and address the faithful in General Conference, would he use a teleprompter? Would Paul, would Abraham? For that matter, would mother Teresa even or Gandhi? Why then, should the Leadership of today use pre-written speeches and teleprompters for delivery of their words!
Members of any church, expect to be and deserve to be, hearing from the “voice of the Lord.” Catholics believe the Pope is delivering God’s word as much as do Mormon’s believe their General Authorities are “the Lords mouthpiece.”
Being prepared isn't even unorthodox. It's the standard method taught in universities for mass communications.

Having a few blessings like university educations means we know what the teleprompters are.

See stupid, we invented the rasterized video screen, the technology you're reading on right now.

And we invented the Local Area Network.

You know the terms WAN and LAN?

We invented the one called LAN.

So if you're thinking you're going to be talking to the same class of people you come out of, No.

You're not talking to 10th grade education Mouth-Breather-Billies

like the average EvangelBilly.

The fact that you'd even try it shows how little you understand the concepts with which you've to do.

Marysville, CA

#16991 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to see the truth as to why you don't know what you are talking about, click this link and read it! I was mormon and did attend conference and I myself saw from the side the screens they read off of.
"Not only were the sermons teleprompted, I witnessed the Lord's anointed getting cues on their prepared prayers by artificial means. Everything was tightly timed, with the GAs supposed heartfelt petitions to heaven, as well as their ostensibly Holy Ghost-inspired sermons, precisely orchestrated and slotted into the overall script, so that the camera operators could, on cue, cut to commercial breaks, or to warm and fuzzy Red Square (er, Temple Square) vignettes, or to the chime of the Nauvoo Bell.[The Mormon Curtain—Section 6, Feb. 11, 2008]"
At each conference, since the year 2000, there are approximately 105 full-time and on-call employees who coordinate teleprompting, sound control, lighting, filming, directing, recording, translating, satellite broadcasting and more.
If Jesus himself were to return today, and address the faithful in General Conference, would he use a teleprompter? Would Paul, would Abraham? For that matter, would mother Teresa even or Gandhi? Why then, should the Leadership of today use pre-written speeches and teleprompters for delivery of their words!
Members of any church, expect to be and deserve to be, hearing from the “voice of the Lord.” Catholics believe the Pope is delivering God’s word as much as do Mormon’s believe their General Authorities are “the Lords mouthpiece.”
That didn't just start in the year 2,000. All talks given at General Conference have to be submitted for approval before the Conference to see that they are in harmony with current LDS beliefs. The teleprompters may be recent, but pre-approval is not.

Marysville, CA

#16992 Oct 9, 2012
Dana Prays Satan Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren Jeffs
and
YOU
have in common with DANA ROBERTSON that ALL THREE of you think you know more about sexuality than the 12 Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
That's your prerogative to disagree, but don't pretend your churches and Jeffs churches are any different.
WE TOLD HIM and WE TOLD YOU: if you don't stop your rebellion you're going to get caught rebelling at what you shouldn't.
Your 50% divorce rate,
Your 50% WOMEN RAPED/MOLESTED rate,
Your 50% MEN ADMIT ADULTERY rate
says all you have to say about knowing how morality is practiced.
If you had any your social numbers wouldn't look like the employees of a bordello.
Now you are just getting boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Location hidden

#16993 Oct 9, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't just start in the year 2,000. All talks given at General Conference have to be submitted for approval before the Conference to see that they are in harmony with current LDS beliefs. The teleprompters may be recent, but pre-approval is not.
Even PaKKKer's hate speech was pre-approved. It just didn't go over very well.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Yuba City, CA

#16994 Oct 9, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is when you are born that way. And it is possible because it has happened before when the church told it's members to turn their backs on their racist policy of denying blacks the priesthood. That was God's will also until 1978.
Just because your dog humps your leg doesn't mean it was born queer.

You've already been reminded, that your coming here with a

predisposition toward an attitude is a result of attitudes you

developed before you got here.

Everyone has a presisposition to some sin, the way you have a predisposition to lie for no other reason than "you have a keyboard."

You have no compunction about it and indeed have MULTIPLE TIMES,

EXPRESSED SURPRISE, OTHERS DO.

That doesn't make God responsible because you can't tell the truth when IT would work better.

It just makes you a very likely, Sandusky-type molester who then

blames his victims.

Sandusky blames the victims for the people he molests,

You blame God, for the ones YOU molest.

It's the same thing.

"I did it - YOU'RE the one with wicked thoughts."

Nope.

You're just possessed by Satan.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Yuba City, CA

#16995 Oct 9, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even PaKKKer's hate speech was pre-approved. It just didn't go over very well.
The KU KLUX KLAN is a BIBLE CHURCH invented organization.

Stupid Hick lol. You thought YOUR RACE-HATE CHURCH ORGANIZATION was going to be transferable onto us.

Nope. It was your RAPING, MURDERING RACIST, CLERGY.

Since: Sep 12

Forsyth, MO

#16996 Oct 9, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to see the truth as to why you don't know what you are talking about, click this link and read it! I was mormon and did attend conference and I myself saw from the side the screens they read off of.

I never said they didn't use teleprompters. I said it was live and unedited. You're not very good at reading into what I say, are you?

Of course their talks are prepared, duh! Of course it has to run on a very tight schedule, again, duh! That doesn't mean it's not live and unedited.

So, what happened to you being an "active member" in one post on another thread, to "were a Mormon"? That was awful fast to go from "active" to "ex."
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Yuba City, CA

#16997 Oct 9, 2012
Hick.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Yuba City, CA

#16998 Oct 9, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just getting boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Did you tell your daughter about that RIVER TRIP yet?

Go tell her, and come back and see what she says. We'll wait here.

You're both gonna be laughing so hard you're going to have tears in your eyes.

Forsyth, MO

#16999 Oct 9, 2012
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY wrote:
The other guy said they don't, but I'm pretty sure there are beds in all of them. People lie down on them and take naps.

The Mormon prophets used to LIVE in the temples.

So it's not illegal to own a bed, and I'm pretty sure, a little research is going to show they all have beds in them.

It still won't repair your marriage, or make your kids decent people.

They're going to be blind, stupid bigoted whores like you, and there's nothing you're going to do about that except gobble more dope.

WE HAVE THE NUMBERS to SEE IF THAT'S HOW IT SHAKES OUT for YOU PEOPLE.

That IS
how it shakes out for you people.
They don't have "beds" for what NoHo is implying. And, no, I've never seen a "bed" in any of the temples I have been in. I've seen and sat on couches. But, I've never seen anybody lying on them, only sitting.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Yuba City, CA

#17000 Oct 9, 2012
Well, YOU'RE gonna be laughing.

The tears in HER eyes are going to be because you decided you'd rather turn her out into that

FABULOUS FIFTY PERCENT CLUB set

Forsyth, MO

#17001 Oct 9, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Elohim has a harem.
Okay, Godmaker. Apparently, you can watch YouTube from behind your couch.

Forsyth, MO

#17002 Oct 9, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Even PaKKKer's hate speech was pre-approved. It just didn't go over very well.
I loved Packer's talk.
Say NO to PAGAN IDOLATRY

Yuba City, CA

#17003 Oct 9, 2012
But hey some people call

FIFTY PERCENT DIVORCE,

FIFTY PERCENT OF YOUR WOMEN RAPED/MOLESTED

FIFTY PERCENT OF YOUR MEN ADMITTING ADULTERY

FIFTY PERCENT OF YOUR WOMEN ON HARD DRUGS

"The kind of good clean living our worship brings to our lives."

"Some people" being

"You people."

Location hidden

#17004 Oct 9, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they didn't use teleprompters. I said it was live and unedited. You're not very good at reading into what I say, are you?
Of course their talks are prepared, duh! Of course it has to run on a very tight schedule, again, duh! That doesn't mean it's not live and unedited.
So, what happened to you being an "active member" in one post on another thread, to "were a Mormon"? That was awful fast to go from "active" to "ex."
It is live but not unedited. Go ahead and look it up! It is not spoken from the spirit as it used to be. I don't really care what you believe, I just like proving you wrong! I was and I am a moron, I mean mormon. Basically I have found out the truth and I am trying to save as many people as I can. You can call my bishop if you want. He already called me in the office to talk about why I keep talking about Jesus at church instead of the prophets.lol And im glad you took the time to look at all my posts.

Location hidden

#17005 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I loved Packer's talk.
This is the one I'm talking about.. Disgusting little old man, he said this in the midst of a suicide rash here. U enjoyed his most recent? I tried to watch it but my eyes kept glazing over..so did his, he looked like he was gonna stop mid sentence and take a nap a couple of times.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2010/10/mormon-chu...

Location hidden

#17006 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Okay, Godmaker. Apparently, you can watch YouTube from behind your couch.
It's funny that you hate youtube because it shows all our mormon secrets out loud! I don't really care myself but it's funny x mormons go on there and show what we do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CBS Network's 'Home for the Holidays' Special W... 30 min Good Reverend 83
Obama to detail his executive action on immigra... 41 min barefoot2626 114
Stuart Townsend lands multi-ep guest spot on El... 1 hr mtra11 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 306,567
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 3 hr SplNDlzzy 1,090
ABC, CBS, NBC Won't Carry Obama 8 hr SplNDlzzy 2
Leonard Pitts Jr.: Bill Cosby, serial rapist? T... 8 hr SplNDlzzy 1

Television People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE