Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story
Janice

Fairfax, VA

#8931 Jun 4, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...really funny....lol...Dana liked to use that word "disgusting" alot ;)P
? what do you mean?
Livinginthelando fcrazy

West Plains, MO

#8932 Jun 4, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You Mormons on this thread are really nasty. It must be your religion.
No... It's just me. And, you're fugly.
Livinginthelando fcrazy

West Plains, MO

#8933 Jun 4, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that since "Janice" has shown up, HeHe has disappeared??? Is it a coincidence? Hmmm... One can tell "Janice" is a bitter, hateful gay male. Just saying. No female would say the stuff "she" says, i.e. "ass cancer." Nope, this is how a sharp tongued "queen" would talk.
Livinginthelando fcrazy

West Plains, MO

#8934 Jun 4, 2012
And where's NoHo? She's been laying low as well. Maybe she's all tuckered out from the gay pride parade, and is off polishing her tongue stud.
Janice

Fairfax, VA

#8935 Jun 4, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that since "Janice" has shown up, HeHe has disappeared??? Is it a coincidence? Hmmm... One can tell "Janice" is a bitter, hateful gay male. Just saying. No female would say the stuff "she" says, i.e. "ass cancer." Nope, this is how a sharp tongued "queen" would talk.
Oh hai, I was just freshin up my kooter and pooper shooter, what are you up to?
The sand man

Salt Lake City, UT

#8936 Jun 4, 2012
The parade was retarded. Those 300 weren't Mormons. More like 15 of them. The rest were dressed up and afterward went into speedo mode. Typical gay parade trying to stir the pot. Why would anyone bring a child to that? Disgraceful.
Livinginthelando fcrazy

West Plains, MO

#8937 Jun 4, 2012
Janice wrote:
<quoted text>Oh hai, I was just freshin up my kooter and pooper shooter, what are you up to?
Yep, just what I thought.
The sand man

Salt Lake City, UT

#8938 Jun 4, 2012
If you dont believe me, I have pictures of my gay friends dressed as "Mormons" to prove it. Marching and all. Pretty sad of them to pretend like that. Deceitful really. Facebook brings it all to life. Plus, you see that tattooed up fat lady posing as a Mormon marcher? Hilarious. Anyone could point out that lady as a non Mormon without much effort. Don't believe every story you read. Especially in news papers with lazy reporters and this website.
Livinginthelando fcrazy

West Plains, MO

#8939 Jun 4, 2012
The sand man wrote:
If you dont believe me, I have pictures of my gay friends dressed as "Mormons" to prove it. Marching and all. Pretty sad of them to pretend like that. Deceitful really. Facebook brings it all to life. Plus, you see that tattooed up fat lady posing as a Mormon marcher? Hilarious. Anyone could point out that lady as a non Mormon without much effort. Don't believe every story you read. Especially in news papers with lazy reporters and this website.
Don't tell some of our more notorious anti's that. They love topix for good solid "truthful" information.:-)
Janice

Fairfax, VA

#8940 Jun 4, 2012
Let it be heard this day, June 4 2012, the Mormon church is a satanist cult and will destroy the souls of men. God bless you all, except for the Mormons, Amen. I must soak my lady parts in epsom salt before I go to bed. Nighty, night and remember to be good, just don't be Mormon.
Janice

Fairfax, VA

#8941 Jun 4, 2012
The sand man wrote:
Oh and I liked your story, it sounds like my story. I'm an 27 year old man trapped the body of an 80 year old female cancer patient who's scheduled to die in one month.

Since: Jun 12

Denver, CO

#8944 Jun 4, 2012
Easy peeps!! The deeper question here is, who gets to decide who is Christian?
They do not profess a Trinitatian God, as many protestant and grass roots level Churches do. Can Catholics decide that pProtestant aren't Christian? Can Evangelicals pass judgement on Dutch reform. Does one have to believe the stories of the bible literally, or figuratively, or poetically as in the psalms. Whose interpretation of the scripture is the "right" one? In a pluristic religious society with many flavors of Christianity, I'd be careful about drawing lines that leave one group in and another out.
Such line drawer in New Testament times were those Jesus railed most against.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#8945 Jun 5, 2012
Redman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you are qualified to decide....Let's let God make the decision...
You don't need to be that much of an expert to know that God doesn't need murdering, lying, child molesters to restore anything.

Marysville, CA

#8946 Jun 5, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, since God didn't whisper in the ear of all Christians, from Smith's time to our time that Smith was a prophet, that means he can't be one? Funny he didn't make the same announcement of many prophets in the Bible to everyone concerned of a 200 year period and they were also rejected by most.
Smith made false prophecies. But by whose interpretations? Prophets in the OT made false prophecies based on the same interpretation value used for Smith.
Smith was a false prophet because he got a few "guesses" right and guessing isn't making a real prophecy?
Anti-Bible/anti-Christians can show by their interpretation value, false prophecies, prophecies that didn't come to pass etc exist from Genesis to Revelations. But Bible believing Christians will disagree and show other wise. Bit of a parallel happening don't you think by those against the Bible and those against Smith :)
What prophecies did he get right, is the question? It sure wasn't the so-called Civil War one. It was the Jackson County Missouri temple one. It wasn't the one that said Jesus was coming back in 80 yrs. It wasn't the one he told to sell the BOM rights in Canada.

Marysville, CA

#8947 Jun 5, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...really funny....lol...Dana liked to use that word "disgusting" alot ;)P
With it's history of polygamy, racism, blood atonement, with it's sorry excuse for a founder, disgusting is a pretty mild term for what it was. Sometimes it's an understatement.

Marysville, CA

#8948 Jun 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Don't tell some of our more notorious anti's that. They love topix for good solid "truthful" information.:-)
I have them also. Here's one: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

But what are you and sandman saying? That Mormons wouldn't be supportive of gays? Why, for weeks here all I have been hearing is how much the LDS church is supportive and accepting of it's gay members.

Marysville, CA

#8949 Jun 5, 2012
The sand man wrote:
I don't believe you have any gay friends. If you did, you should have marched in the parade. Lying for the Lord.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8950 Jun 5, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hiding your weirdness from everyone. Why is that? Aren't you proud of your rituals and costumes? Many people have odd customs and costumes which they show off proudly. Why are you so embarrassed? Why scuttle around in the dark?
Is it perverted? Is it illegal? Is it off putting?
Answer the questions. Why aren't Mormon women allowed to be priesthood holders? Why do you treat women as second class citizens?
Do you really believe that Mormon men will become GODS and Mormon women will have to be eternally impregnated by those GODS? Do you ever ask a Mormon women if she wanted to be eternally pregnant?
Naw, we let everyone else in on our secrets. We're only hiding them from you to piss you off.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#8951 Jun 5, 2012
I've gone nowhere but to my job. Some of us do have a life. And you're truly not worth a major position in mine, Crazy.
Wisdom

Russellville, KY

#8952 Jun 5, 2012
There has NEVER been a CULT LEADER in the world that did not have these 4 things in common.
1. A man will say he is God or has a NEW message from God.
2. That same man will make himself the leader.
3. The leader will try to isolate its followers from the outside world.
4. There will always be some form of sexual perversion.

Muhammad, Jim Jones, Joe Smith, Charles Manson, Warren Jeffs and all the rest ALL had these four things in common.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Response to Bill O'Reilly: Jesus Didn't Start a... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 327
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr VoteVets Org 305,707
We are not alone in the universe, Canadians bel... (Jul '12) 10 hr Asif 85
Sheriff is the star of reality show (Oct '11) 18 hr car007 12
HalloweenExpress.com Releases its Top 10 Hallow... (Nov '08) 19 hr sunshine 4
General Hospital: Jason and Franco chemistry si... (Jan '10) 23 hr amw 3
Alison Sweeney to say goodbye to 'Days' (Jan '14) 23 hr dmw 32
•••
•••

Television People Search