Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#31814 Jan 22, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't have to be a self loathing homosexual defending a pervert religion, just saying. You reap what you sow, how are you enjoying your harvest?
(Heavy sigh) Yes, yes, yes. Resort to your childish name calling immaturity when you lack anything intelligent to say as usual. I see your back to cutting down homosexuality again as you use to do it. Anything else I miss?
MikMaQ LANGUAGEisEGYPTI AN

Gridley, CA

#31815 Jan 22, 2014
Indian Mi'kMaQ or
MicMac Indians:

****Written language: Discovered in 1609 before Joe Smith was born.****

Mi'kMak INDIAN Characters on the left,- Ancient EGYPTIAN on the Right.

http://goo.gl/B9mKOH

======
More

Mi'kMaQ on LEFT: Ancient Egyption on RIGHT

http://goo.gl/qFbUhh

More

Mi'kMaQ Indian on LEFT: Ancient Egyptian on RIGHT.

http://goo.gl/wQ8Mvr

=======
These are
NEPHITE CHARACTERS
from Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon
by the fallen people

who called themselves

The Nephites,

that Joseph Smith said

was in

Reformed Egyptian.
=======
http://goo.gl/YaIA0M
=======
How the NEPHITE CHARACTERS were PRESERVED.
=======
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthon_Transcrip ...
=======

Nephite on the Left - Mi'kMak Indian, on the Right.

http://goo.gl/UHVB9W

from the Mi'kMaQ Indians
in Reformed Egyption

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#31816 Jan 22, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you feeling persecuted, No Standards? Now call someone who cares. You are so good at whining. Have you been abused? LOL!!!
Please grow up. Not that tough to do really.
MORMONSknow theBIBLE BEST

Gridley, CA

#31818 Jan 22, 2014
Your religion isn't in the top three most knowledgeable groups on world religion. Whereas the top three are within .6 each other

==========
Mormons answer almost six of the seven Bible questions correctly on average with the top score of 5.9 questions correct.
==========
White evangelicals correctly answer an average of 5.1 out of seven Bible questions,
compared with 4.4 among atheists/agnostics
and 4.3 among Jews.

Compared with Atheists/Agnostics,@ 20.9 correct,
Jews @ 20.5 correct
and
Mormons,@ 20.3 correct

scores for white evangelical Protestants

are several points lower in Bible understanding,

answering an average of only 17.6 world religion questions correctly.
==========
Combining these five items on elements of Christianity
with the
Seven questions about the Bible

into a single scale
==========
makes it possible to compare religious groupsí overall knowledge of

Christianity.

==========
MORMONS SCORE BEST ON THIS SCALE,

GETTING AN AVERAGE OF 7.9
of the 12 QUESTIONS
ABOUT CHRISTIANITY
RIGHT.
LDS knowCHRISTIANITY BEST

Gridley, CA

#31820 Jan 22, 2014
Combining these five items on elements of Christianity
with the Seven questions about the Bible into a single scale
==========
MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO COMPARE RELIGIOUS GROUPS OVERALL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CHRISTIANITY.

==========
MORMONS SCORE BEST ON THIS SCALE,
==========

GETTING AN AVERAGE OF 7.9
of the 12 QUESTIONS
ABOUT CHRISTIANITY
RIGHT.
Mapplethorpe Robertson

Gridley, CA

#31821 Jan 22, 2014
He's never been run off from a church because of his attempts at "counselin" young men in the Sunday School about his homosexuality.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing you can say about me that doesn't apply directly to you, Mormon wannabe.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#31822 Jan 23, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
Here we go with the copy and pasting again...
Listen, you have knowledge I will admit that and I understand where you are coming from with the Orthodox Christianity...
However, I have a problem with you stating that you know Mormonism... because knowing how to copy and paste anti-Mormonism does not mean you know Mormonism.
Ummm, are you coming from the Orthodox Christianity or are you trying to attach yourself, to their group so you can get some legitimacy?

I must qualify the meaning of knowledge in my previous post:
Your knowledge appears to be minimal and that is the reason you have to copy and paste anti-Mormonism on and on and on.

You do not seem to have a personal knowledge and understanding regarding the entirety of the Gospel and Mormonism.
Have you read The Book of Mormon and the Church Doctrines?
Have you been to a Mormon Church?
or, did you just hear someone preach against it and go with someone elses opinion... and if so is that the reason why you have to copy and paste anti-Mormonism posts?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#31823 Jan 23, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
Here we go with the copy and pasting again...
Listen, you have knowledge I will admit that and I understand where you are coming from with the Orthodox Christianity...
However, I have a problem with you stating that you know Mormonism... because knowing how to copy and paste anti-Mormonism does not mean you know Mormonism.
I can agree with everything you state here no issues.

I again only copy and paste to save time.
I have over the past 30 years studied and read all I could find on the LDS.

I own my own copy of JofD
I own BOM that are 100 years old I own copies from many decades, I have read them.

What I copy and paste I have verified previous to posting them thus I am not posting anything that I have not read nor verified footnotes and I always give the links so anyone who chooses can verify them.

I live in a LDS community in Canada and I have close LDS friends who know where I stand and LOL I go hunting with them and only the deer get shot LOL
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#31824 Jan 23, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well please, let me when you stopped sinning? There is nothing you can say about me that doesn't apply directly to you, Mormon wannabe.
Ahh so sad you have resorted to the Bi.... word F... word and now I am a LDS wanna be.

Name calling you have revealed what you are truly all about.

At the very least the LDS are honest and what they say they believe they really believe, what you say you believe is a wolf's costume, it is window dressing. The LDS are in doctrinal error IMO but are not a phony like you.

Like I said months ago to you, I will take LDS over pagan wolfs in sheep's clothing like yourself any day.

The average LDS are moral, they are deceived in their Theology, the evidence is clear.

But where I live I can leave my door unlocked and not a worry in the world and if I suffered a disaster my LDS friends and neighbors would show up with anything and everything I needed and my LDS neighbors know I would do the same.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#31825 Jan 23, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with everything you state here no issues.
I again only copy and paste to save time.
I have over the past 30 years studied and read all I could find on the LDS.
I own my own copy of JofD
I own BOM that are 100 years old I own copies from many decades, I have read them.
What I copy and paste I have verified previous to posting them thus I am not posting anything that I have not read nor verified footnotes and I always give the links so anyone who chooses can verify them.
I live in a LDS community in Canada and I have close LDS friends who know where I stand and LOL I go hunting with them and only the deer get shot LOL
Have you went to a Mormon Church and seen for yourself? If so, how long did you attend?
Have you always been an anti-Mormon?
Have you studied the history of Religion?
I thought you were Orthodox Christian, but I see now you are not. What denominational Church do you go to?
Do you live up by MI?

I have Mormon friends too... Mormons are good people.
I believe in the Church... I don't always believe in all the people.
I believe in the teachings of the Church.
and, I believe Joseph Smith was visited by angels and translated the Book of Mormon.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#31826 Jan 23, 2014
I have friends that live on the other side of the Canadian US border. They love it there. Personally I think it is just too cold in MI and too hot in AZ... lol.

Did you come in here as Concerned in Egypt before?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#31827 Jan 23, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, are you coming from the Orthodox Christianity or are you trying to attach yourself, to their group so you can get some legitimacy?
I must qualify the meaning of knowledge in my previous post:
Your knowledge appears to be minimal and that is the reason you have to copy and paste anti-Mormonism on and on and on.
You do not seem to have a personal knowledge and understanding regarding the entirety of the Gospel and Mormonism.
Have you read The Book of Mormon and the Church Doctrines?
Have you been to a Mormon Church?
or, did you just hear someone preach against it and go with someone elses opinion... and if so is that the reason why you have to copy and paste anti-Mormonism posts?
Actually and this is not pride I am better educated on Mormon history and teachings than 99% of any LDS you put up against me.

The average Mormon has no clue what B.Y. or J.S. taught.

And the ones that do know their LDS history drink the koolaid.

Most LDS are born into the faith and drink the koolaid because they love the LDS family and Social club and they don't think the theology matters.

When I talk to LDS in honest moments they don't believe the religious nonsense, they stay because all their family and friends are there, they sell out the truth so they can be part of the Clan.

I have friends that have left and their families will have more to do with me then them because they left the LDS faith.

I am a Evangelical Christian raised in the Lutheran tradition and I attend an Alliance fellowship if that helps you try to figure me out.
Mapplethorpe Robertson

Gridley, CA

#31828 Jan 23, 2014
You came in here and copy pasted from a place run by a man named
the Reverend Mister Slick,

saying you agreed with it

that God the Father is not God the Father of either those who Christ told pray "OUR FATHER who ART in HEAVEN" not on Earth where Christ was standing,

NOR CHRIST H.I.M.S.E.L.F. and that GOD DIDN'T KNOW HE'S NOT A MAN.

YOU ARE HERE to TELL the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE GROUP of PEOPLE on EARTH as a WHOLE on CHRISTIANITY

That GOD OUR FATHER who ART in HEAVEN
is
going around
BLIND,
not KNOWING He DIDN'T MAKE a SON
BECAUSE He
DOESN'T KNOW, He ISN'T a MAN.
=======

bWAH HAH HAhHhH !
<quoted text>
LOL I go hunting LOL
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#31829 Jan 23, 2014
yes I was at one point, I was changing my handle to the country I currently was in, got a bit confusing so I went back to my orginal handle.

I have a place in Brazil as well as Canada.

I started in these threads many years ago while in Brazil.

Hope that helps you with your current quest.

My Mother is a snow bird in AZ currently an loving the weather.
Hes concerned- inThe Dark

Gridley, CA

#31830 Jan 23, 2014
And that FURTHERMORE, if His ORIGINAL HOME "AMID THE FIRMAMENT OF THE HEAVENS"

isn't THIS WORLD He GAVE us to RUN to CHECK our PERCEPTIONS

then - as far as YOU'RE CONCERNED

He NOT ONLY DOESN'T KNOW HE's NOT a MAN
but
HE ALSO is "a S.P.A.C.E. A.L.I.E.N." and therefore BY DEFINITION

NOT the GOD of the BIBLE
even though HE TOLD YOU
HE is the GOD of the BIBLE

and HIS HOME
is IN HEAVEN,
and
NOT of THIS EARTH,
and when JESUS CHRIST ASCENDED TO HIM
He AROSE INTO HEAVEN
ascending - again "UP "INTO HEAVEN"

Having SEEN in YOUR BIBLE the PHRASE "THINGS NOT OF THIS WORLD"

Having SEEN in YOUR BIBLE the term said THE EARTH is THY FOOTSTOOL and the HEAVENS are thy THRONE etc...

YOU are ACTUALLY LAUGHING AT THE CONCEPT GOD is NOT OF this WORLD.

LoLoL
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#31831 Jan 23, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you went to a Mormon Church and seen for yourself? If so, how long did you attend?
Have you always been an anti-Mormon?
Have you studied the history of Religion?
I thought you were Orthodox Christian, but I see now you are not. What denominational Church do you go to?
Do you live up by MI?
I have Mormon friends too... Mormons are good people.
I believe in the Church... I don't always believe in all the people.
I believe in the teachings of the Church.
and, I believe Joseph Smith was visited by angels and translated the Book of Mormon.
The reason I started investigating LDS beliefs is I dated a Mormon girl in High School who was very smitten with me and I with her.

So yes many times for some years I have attended LDS services and still attend occasionally with LDS friends for various celbrations.

You keep your IP hidden so don't ask where I live.

Her Father very much wanted me to become LDS, we broke up as I could not accept the LDS faith as it prove to be a false faith.

If you mean by Anti-Mormon, how long have I believe Mormon theology is false a lie since I was 23 after an extensive study, I have been studing the LDS sect ever since.

You say you have LDS friends I have assumed you are LDS are YOU??
MikMaQ is AncientEgyptian

Gridley, CA

#31832 Jan 23, 2014
Actually - it's not YOU

laughing.

LoL.

Yew gawnuh... Draig us'n awl away frum thim heRRe'uhSeas back intu thuh times win peepul didn' go arownd lookin fur evuHdints uH JEaZuS?

Here's some evidence. It doesn't involve reading so you're safe.
You'll just be looking at some pictures.

Indian Mi'kMaQ or
MicMac Indians:
****Written language: Discovered in 1609 before Joe Smith was born.****

Mi'kMak INDIAN Characters on the left,- Ancient EGYPTIAN on the Right.
http://goo.gl/B9mKOH
======
More
Mi'kMaQ on LEFT: Ancient Egyption on RIGHT
http://goo.gl/qFbUhh
More
Mi'kMaQ Indian on LEFT: Ancient Egyptian on RIGHT.
http://goo.gl/wQ8Mvr
=======
These are
NEPHITE CHARACTERS
from Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon
by the fallen people
who called themselves

The Nephites,

that Joseph Smith said

was in

Reformed Egyptian.
=======
http://goo.gl/YaIA0M
=======
How the NEPHITE CHARACTERS were PRESERVED.
=======
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthon_Transcrip ...
=======
Nephite on the Left - Mi'kMak Indian, on the Right.
http://goo.gl/UHVB9W

from the
Mi'kMaQ Indians
in Modified
Ancient
Egyption.

What the man said is "Reformed Egyption."

re∑form
past tense: reformed;
past participle: reformed

1. make changes or restructure in order to improve.

Synonyms:
to improve,
to better,
to refine;
to alter,
to change,
to adjust,
to adapt,
to amend,
to revise,
to reshape,
to refashion,
to redesign,
to restyle,
to reconstruct,
to remodel,
to reorganize
Joseph Smith

Los Angeles, CA

#31833 Jan 23, 2014
I tricked them all.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#31834 Jan 23, 2014
My ex husband tried preaching to me from an anti-Mormon books. I was not interested in it then and I'm not interested in it now.

I have a strong testimony of the Gospel and the Church. I know people have different levels of knowledge in all things... including the Church. I believe you should educate yourself to the fullest extent possible... and that includes regarding religion. This world is full of things we have no way of knowing but I believe knowledge is power... and power sets you free... and I try to learn as much about the Gospel as possible.

The only thing I really meant about about my post is that I agree with you regarding repentance. I try to stick to the Gospel teachings... and that is what the Gospel is about to me. We can always learn more. I do not believe in teaching anti-Mormon literature. I don't read it and I'm not interested in it.
MORMON vs MOONBAT

Gridley, CA

#31835 Jan 23, 2014
LoL.

You better go soak that copy paste hand in some hot oil so you don't have to do two much speachuhfyin.

For thirty years you have been studying Christianity, the God of the Jews, the Israelites when their fellow tribesmen weren't hauled off to parts north

and the concept that GOD makes the CLAIM
His HOME is in HEAVEN

and that He was there at the LAYING of the FOUNDATION of THIS world
when all the sons of God shouted for joy

after "Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But the dragon wasn't strong enough to prevail, so there NO LONGER a PLACE LEFT
IN HEAVEN for HIM" -
not IT but HIM
"and his angels" -

NONE of that
seems to YOU like HE HAD A DWELLING PLACE BEFORE THIS WORLD WAS.
Nope
God was homeless

even though Christ said He has "many mansions".

You are not concerned how ridiculous that is
compared to the one small book you have.

This SAME MAN LIKE CREATURE
REPRESENTING HIMSELF -***as***
a MAN
and our FATHER
who was in HEAVEN
before this world WAS

WAS HOMELESS
BEFORE HE founded THIS WORLD
and ISN'T a MAN.
<quoted text>
Actually and this is not pride I am better educated on Mormon history and teachings than 99% of any LDS you put up against me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weapon X 318,256
News A look at the 2 female engines coming to 'Thoma... 18 hr Parden Pard 4
News The Young and the Restless Might Finally Debut ... 18 hr John 13
News Next Article:Shon Hopwood's Amazing Legal Journ... 22 hr Cindy 1
News Trump voter fraud commission researcher arreste... Sun Deport Sassy 4
News Kimmel calls Louisiana senator 'inbred' during ... Sat Putins Glock Holster 9
News Why Bila Left 'The View': CNN Tipped Her ABC Wa... Oct 13 mnc 12
More from around the web