Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28130 Oct 7, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So who do you think was more corrupt, Joseph Smith or Brigham Young?
Can't choose. I consider them equally corrupt, for different reasons. The only reason Brigham Young didn't get killed like Smith was because he kept a small army around him, and left the major United States.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28131 Oct 7, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I noticed that he left out the why, which is really the most important revelation, don't you think?
Odd you would say that...

Jesus didn't even tell his Apostles in plain English. He spoke in parables he did not come out and tell us step by step how to think or do things... it would defeat the point and there would be no choice involved at all.

The Gospel was taken away during the Dark Ages by the Ancient Church of Rome... do you think they were told the why then? I don't think so.

There would be no point in having to seek Jesus and ask to know the truth.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28132 Oct 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't choose. I consider them equally corrupt, for different reasons. The only reason Brigham Young didn't get killed like Smith was because he kept a small army around him, and left the major United States.
Brigham Young led the people to safety to Utah... because the powers that be (The States)said they could have refuge there.

He encouraged the people in Utah to go with the Army during the time you are referring to... why would he send his "small army around him" away to help them if he had them around to protect him?

That doesn't make sense.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28133 Oct 7, 2013
I suppose there would still be choice... if we all know the truth and the whole truth. But, that is not how God set up this world now is it?

Marysville, CA

#28134 Oct 7, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Brigham Young led the people to safety to Utah... because the powers that be (The States)said they could have refuge there.
He encouraged the people in Utah to go with the Army during the time you are referring to... why would he send his "small army around him" away to help them if he had them around to protect him?
That doesn't make sense.
He didn't need the Danites until after he reach Utah, when he became dictator of the area.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#28135 Oct 7, 2013
Your profit speaks..

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#28136 Oct 7, 2013

Location hidden

#28137 Oct 7, 2013
Some of these lizards have FOUR homes...you sheep need to seriously wake the hell up
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms...

Location hidden

#28138 Oct 7, 2013

Location hidden

#28139 Oct 7, 2013
http://i.imgur.com/1HD2I0L.jpg
As they turned the sisters away and finally parked a garbage truck in front of the door so they wouldn't have to deal with them anymore.
This conference was just as awful as all the rest of them..maybe some weren't as blatant,oaks for the most part, replaced PaKKKer for the bigot at bat and they all whined about losing members and those damn women.
And who said the one true church has no """"local """" paid clergy??? Hahaha, it's so pathetic how the scam works sooo perfectly on the faithful.

Marysville, CA

#28140 Oct 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/nr28M0s.jpg
Classic.

Location hidden

#28141 Oct 7, 2013
Start at page 80...83 is about not paying tithing.

https://ia601808.us.archive.org/21/items/Miss...

Location hidden

#28142 Oct 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Classic.
It's soo easy..sad they can't see what the rest of the world sees

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28145 Oct 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't need the Danites until after he reach Utah, when he became dictator of the area.
Dictators don't answer to other people or follow anyone else besides themselves... look at the Church of Rome and/or Hitler. Young listened to people... have you not read any of his writings?

Marysville, CA

#28146 Oct 8, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictators don't answer to other people or follow anyone else besides themselves... look at the Church of Rome and/or Hitler. Young listened to people... have you not read any of his writings?
The members did what they were told or got killed.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28147 Oct 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The members did what they were told or got killed.
The members were getting killed by Pagans that is why they went to Utah... for a safe Haven.

Brigham Young did not KILL people. YOU are INSANE if you think people are so naive, so innocent, and ignorant to believe your lies.

YOU are implying that Brigham Young KILLED people or told people to KILL people for doing wrong or making choices for themselves...

THINK ABOUT IT.

First: If that were so, Brigham Young would have ended up being HUNG or KILLED by some rebellious soul. It's absurd to believe that 20,000 Saints ALLOWED that to happen.

Second: One of the Church teachings is "Freedom of Choice"... why would someone be KILLED for choosing.

Third: Brigham Young was in Utah for 30 years... The Church/The Saints have been there since 1847. If you are implying that people in Utah are or were COMPOUND people and lived as such... you need to go do some RESEARCH because you are wrong and you know it... you like to lie and deceive innocent people who stop by.

ANYWAYS... why is it that The Mormons (The State of Utah) were the first state to allow WOMEN to VOTE. Isn't that a form of allowing people to CHOOSE?

The Government officials told Utah that WOMEN could not VOTE and made UTAH take away Women's Voting Rights. Utah implemented women's voting rights again after another state implemented Women's voting rights.

Marysville, CA

#28148 Oct 8, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
The members were getting killed by Pagans that is why they went to Utah... for a safe Haven.
Brigham Young did not KILL people. YOU are INSANE if you think people are so naive, so innocent, and ignorant to believe your lies.
YOU are implying that Brigham Young KILLED people or told people to KILL people for doing wrong or making choices for themselves...
THINK ABOUT IT.
First: If that were so, Brigham Young would have ended up being HUNG or KILLED by some rebellious soul. It's absurd to believe that 20,000 Saints ALLOWED that to happen.
Second: One of the Church teachings is "Freedom of Choice"... why would someone be KILLED for choosing.
Third: Brigham Young was in Utah for 30 years... The Church/The Saints have been there since 1847. If you are implying that people in Utah are or were COMPOUND people and lived as such... you need to go do some RESEARCH because you are wrong and you know it... you like to lie and deceive innocent people who stop by.
ANYWAYS... why is it that The Mormons (The State of Utah) were the first state to allow WOMEN to VOTE. Isn't that a form of allowing people to CHOOSE?
The Government officials told Utah that WOMEN could not VOTE and made UTAH take away Women's Voting Rights. Utah implemented women's voting rights again after another state implemented Women's voting rights.
He preached murder from the pulpit:

"Now take a person in this congregation who has knowledge with regard to being saved... and suppose that he is overtaken in a gross fault, that he has committed a sin that he knows will deprive him of that exaltation which he desires, and that he cannot attain to it without the shedding his blood, and also knows that by having his blood shed he will atone for that sin, and be saved and exalted with the Gods, is there a man or woman in this house but what would say,'shed my blood that I may be saved and exalted with the Gods?'

"All mankind love themselves, and let these principles be known by an individual, and he would be glad to have his blood shed. That would be loving themselves, even unto an eternal exaltation. Will you love your brothers and sisters likewise, when they have committed a sin that cannot be atoned for without the shedding of their blood? Will you love that man or woman well enough to shed their blood? That is what Jesus Christ meant....

"I could refer you to plenty of instances where men have been righteously slain, in order to atone for their sins. I have seen scores and hundreds of people for whom there would have been a chance... if their lives had been taken and their blood spilled on the ground as a smoking incense to the Almighty, but who are now angels to the Devil... I have known a great many men who have left this Church for whom there is no chance whatever for exaltation, but if their blood had been spilled, it would have been better for them....

"This is loving our neighbor as ourselves; if he needs help, help him; and if he wants salvation and it is necessary to spill his blood on the earth in order that he may be saved, spill it.... if you have sinned a sin requiring the shedding of blood, except the sin unto death, would not be satisfied nor rest until your blood should be spilled, that you might gain that salvation you desire. That is the way to love mankind." (Sermon by President Brigham Young, delivered in the Mormon Tabernacle, February 8, 1857; printed in the Deseret News, February 18, 1857; also reprinted in the Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, pages 219-220)

You can also read about the results of this preaching at:
http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no92.htm#MORM...

And what has women voting have to do with this topic?

Location hidden

#28149 Oct 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>He preached murder from the pulpit:

"Now take a person in this congregation who has knowledge with regard to being saved... and suppose that he is overtaken in a gross fault, that he has committed a sin that he knows will deprive him of that exaltation which he desires, and that he cannot attain to it without the shedding his blood, and also knows that by having his blood shed he will atone for that sin, and be saved and exalted with the Gods, is there a man or woman in this house but what would say,'shed my blood that I may be saved and exalted with the Gods?'

"All mankind love themselves, and let these principles be known by an individual, and he would be glad to have his blood shed. That would be loving themselves, even unto an eternal exaltation. Will you love your brothers and sisters likewise, when they have committed a sin that cannot be atoned for without the shedding of their blood? Will you love that man or woman well enough to shed their blood? That is what Jesus Christ meant....

"I could refer you to plenty of instances where men have been righteously slain, in order to atone for their sins. I have seen scores and hundreds of people for whom there would have been a chance... if their lives had been taken and their blood spilled on the ground as a smoking incense to the Almighty, but who are now angels to the Devil... I have known a great many men who have left this Church for whom there is no chance whatever for exaltation, but if their blood had been spilled, it would have been better for them....

"This is loving our neighbor as ourselves; if he needs help, help him; and if he wants salvation and it is necessary to spill his blood on the earth in order that he may be saved, spill it.... if you have sinned a sin requiring the shedding of blood, except the sin unto death, would not be satisfied nor rest until your blood should be spilled, that you might gain that salvation you desire. That is the way to love mankind." (Sermon by President Brigham Young, delivered in the Mormon Tabernacle, February 8, 1857; printed in the Deseret News, February 18, 1857; also reprinted in the Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, pages 219-220)

Carol secretly wishes the danites would take care of all those uppity women. The Mormon goon squad is still very alive and well. They just use brute force, cops and enormous law firms instead of outright gunning people down.

Location hidden

#28150 Oct 8, 2013
Support your sisters? You don't support your gay members, why would you support your women?
https://www.facebook.com/events/4260326475084...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28151 Oct 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He preached murder from the pulpit:
This is a sermon on having correct perspective even if you are asked to kill, and even if it's in order to fulfill the law of the Lord. Moses preached almost identical doctrines. OH LET US ALL GUESS: GOD was WRONG COMMANDING OBEDIENCE UNTO DEATH with MOSES, TOO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The View excoriates Trump over disrespect for m... 1 hr actorvet 3
News Playboy announces first transgender Playmate 2 hr TerriB1 1
News Georgia Pastor warns that Santa Claus is really... (Dec '14) 2 hr Katy D 3
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Freedomofexpression 318,281
SNL review - Kumali Nanjiani Tue mwk89 1
News Bob Kevoian of a oeThe Bob & Tom Showa to retire (Nov '15) Tue JeffSlimp-MiamiOk 2
News A look at the 2 female engines coming to 'Thoma... Oct 15 Parden Pard 4
More from around the web