Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,995

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26871 Jul 5, 2013
Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?

Since: Sep 12

Branson, MO

#26872 Jul 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?
My question to you is: Do you even know anything about the Klan?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26873 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
I haven't left. I just have nothing to say to your dumb remarks anymore.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26875 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
You have to have a litmus test on who you help. Don't want the wrong homeless person getting help. Jesus wouldn't like that.

Marysville, CA

#26876 Jul 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
That is what I said and commented on...that Dana claimed you and he walk with God in a way where you two seek out to UPLIFT others and not to TEAR THEM DOWN, ie: say bad things of others, to bully them and say dark filthy things of them and call them names and to try and belittle them through rudeness and sarcasm which you and Dana have done ALL THE TIME IN HERE. That is what I stated. That is what I said. Understand? Hmm?
You and Dana are examples of how NOT to uplift a person but are prime examples of how to do one's best to tear other down with derogatory slanderous bullying statements. That is what you and Dana are examples of.
Says the man who justifies bigotry and homophobia completely. No, I don't want to uplift the ignorant in power. Poor baby, you've been so abused.

Marysville, CA

#26877 Jul 6, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
My question to you is: Do you even know anything about the Klan?
Want me to send her a copy of "Birth of a Nation?" ;)

Location hidden

#26878 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>My question to you is: Do you even know anything about the Klan?
Those kids on that float remind me of those Prussian Blue girls. Or Warren Jeffs birthday present...
It's ok with you that LD$ inc. only wants straight children to get a meal or a clean pair of socks? How is that ok?

Ozark, MO

#26879 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Those kids on that float remind me of those Prussian Blue girls. Or Warren Jeffs birthday present...
It's ok with you that LD$ inc. only wants straight children to get a meal or a clean pair of socks? How is that ok?
I didn't think so... Dana, send it to her.:-)

Ozark, MO

#26881 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Those kids on that float remind me of those Prussian Blue girls. Or Warren Jeffs birthday present...
I love the assumption, BTW. So typical of you liberals. If there were an award for stirring the pot, you'd win the golden ladle.
Alto

Apache Junction, AZ

#26882 Jul 6, 2013
Need some honest opinions: I'm a 23 year old guy and have strong values and morals. No drinking, no drugs, no cigarettes. I also don't want to have sex until marriage. Sooooo many people say, "you should convert to Mormon"...is that a insult?

Location hidden

#26883 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>I love the assumption, BTW. So typical of you liberals. If there were an award for stirring the pot, you'd win the golden ladle.
I think you'll win the sidestep award, your competition is pretty lame.
Is it ok with you or not?

Location hidden

#26884 Jul 6, 2013
Alto wrote:
Need some honest opinions: I'm a 23 year old guy and have strong values and morals. No drinking, no drugs, no cigarettes. I also don't want to have sex until marriage. Sooooo many people say, "you should convert to Mormon"...is that a insult?
Yes...you don't need a cult to take your money, tell you lies and control every aspect of your life in exchange for reinforcing the values you already have.
Alto

Apache Junction, AZ

#26885 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...you don't need a cult to take your money, tell you lies and control every aspect of your life in exchange for reinforcing the values you already have.
Cool, thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Ozark, MO

#26886 Jul 6, 2013
Alto wrote:
<quoted text>Cool, thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
No. It's not an insult. Mormons and Mormon youth are known for high moral standards, just as you have. Also, I saw no question from you asking if you should join the Mormon Church. NoHo answered you as if you did. You only asked if it were an insult, which it isn't.

Ozark, MO

#26887 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>I think you'll win the sidestep award, your competition is pretty lame.
Is it ok with you or not?
Sidestep??? I asked you a direct question which you never answered. Instead, you do as you always do. In an attempt to deflect from yourself and answering honestly, you project and make inaccurate assumptions. Well done...(Insert applause track here)

Location hidden

#26888 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>Sidestep??? I asked you a direct question which you never answered. Instead, you do as you always do. In an attempt to deflect from yourself and answering honestly, you project and make inaccurate assumptions. Well done...(Insert applause track here)
Sidestep..
But don't worry, your avoiding discussing the bigotry if your church isn't surprising.

Ozark, MO

#26889 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Sidestep..
But don't worry, your avoiding discussing the bigotry if your church isn't surprising.
Waiting...

Location hidden

#26890 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>Waiting...
The morg only wants its charitable dollars to assist straight kids..maybe evergreen can set up a gay test they all have to pass before they can have a sandwich.

Ozark, MO

#26892 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>The morg only wants its charitable dollars to assist straight kids..maybe evergreen can set up a gay test they all have to pass before they can have a sandwich.
Are you giving "them" any sandwiches? Yeah... didn't think so. "Do as I say, not as I do." So typical.

Location hidden

#26893 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>Are you giving "them" any sandwiches? Yeah... didn't think so. "Do as I say, not as I do." So typical.
Yes, actually..how else would I know that your bigoted morg wants to limit its donation to straight kids only? It's pretty pathetic, when having discussions about homeless youth in Utah, just the mention of gay is a "deal breaker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 1 hr NeingOtt 1,508
Barbara Harrison - About Us News Story - WRC | ... (Apr '08) 1 hr Jesse Newby 84
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 309,010
New Cosby accuser: 'Do you remember me?' 6 hr Local 3
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 12 hr digestguy1 752
'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard and Jef Holm break up (Oct '12) 18 hr friv 2015 69
Johanna Botta of Real World Austin at the 2008 ... (Feb '08) Thu Atarantado 217
More from around the web