Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32007 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23117 Apr 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...bullcrap! Modern Christianity as a whole rejects even the notion that there could be any more than what exists in the Bible. This is why anything new that's been discovered that dates back to the time of Jesus or even close to it is seen as false and not canon.
Christians as a whole believe God put all he wanted to be had in the Bible and to believe otherwise is to claim God forgot some material.
So the cannon of the Bible has been closed for over 1800 years.
The Bible has a beginning and the Bible has an ending and so then does God have a beginning and an ending according to that thinking.
Modern Christians have no will or want to even speculate that God might put a real prophet on this earth. That prophet would have things to say of God that aren't in the Bible. And if it's not in the Bible according to modern Christianity it isn't of God. I had that Christian concept drilled into me by several Christian denominations from childhood to teens and have heard that concept still preached by Christian denominations.
Do you even know what Canon means NOPE

Rhetorical question
It means that which one measures by.
A ruler of Truth.

If God anointed an Apostle today to bring new revelation today Christians would treat him with the same test of authenticity as the Bereans did Paul.

That test would be, that which he preaches is it in harmony with What God has already revealed to this point. I.E. Scripture that came before it.
You see God said not man nor angel nor hell could take his word away that it is everlasting and he will uphold even if heaven and hell stopped to exist his word would still be there.

If someone claims as J.Smith did we need his revelation to be saved I would and have rejected him as false Prophet false messenger of God as all Christians have.

Because Jesus said he came to fulfill what was needed for Salvation, he came to reveal all that was needed and he said on the cross it is FINISHED!

He COMPLETED the way man attains everlasting salvation nothing else is needed.

So I do not discount that God may bring new revelation but he won't bring new revelation that contradicts himself, what he has already revealed.

YOUR cult your Mormon faith does exactly that it redefines salvation and the very nature of God and thus with out question is not Christian but just another false Gospel that the NT warns true Christians to be vigilant and watch for and b on guard for and be prepared to refute.

Mormons are not Christians the Bible tells us so.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23118 Apr 6, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
I have heard the saviors name over 40 times in the last four hours of conference. I do believe Mormons are more than Christian. They are disciples.
Christians are disciples, a Christian is a disciple of Jesus.

they are one in the same, they are synonymous words.

A disciple of Jesus is called a Christian.

YOU can not be Christian and not be a disciple of Jesus the Christ.

Stop being a drama queen.
Father overtime

United States

#23119 Apr 6, 2013
concerned in Egypt wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are disciples, a Christian is a disciple of Jesus.
they are one in the same, they are synonymous words.
A disciple of Jesus is called a Christian.
YOU can not be Christian and not be a disciple of Jesus the Christ.
Stop being a drama queen.
You are unreasonable to think Mormons aren't Christian. Unreasonable, irresponsible, willfully ignorant, which makes you a dumb dumb drama queen in your own right. Go to bed child. Your arguments are making the populace less intelligent.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23120 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/search/colle...
REALLY the above is a hate source good to know.
You don't even read before you post.
What a Loser you are.
The majority of your posts sources are anti hate sources... so I don't read one sided posts... that try to brainwash people.

I read sources that leave room for the reader to learn from and to analyze and compare the data to decide for themselves.

Thanks for the compliment... it's a joke coming from you, no worries I know you have hidden agendas.

Good luck with that

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23121 Apr 6, 2013
excuse to make myself clear...
they are anti truth sites,
they are hate sites,
they are anti thinking for yourself sites.

I won't read your post or your links... you're on your own buddy.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#23122 Apr 6, 2013
So, paKKKer steps in it again. Can you make a petition or something, to ban him permanently from the speech list?

http://fox13now.com/2013/04/06/lds-leader-war...
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23123 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
excuse to make myself clear...
they are anti truth sites,
they are hate sites,
they are anti thinking for yourself sites.
I won't read your post or your links... you're on your own buddy.
But you said in the post above you don't read them LOL ROFL.

Thus you have not been open minded, you have not shown tolerance, you have not shown humility that you may be wrong as you have never read them by your own words in your post.

No as your words show it is you who truly hates anything that might cause your little fantasy world called Mormonism to crumble.
You Hate truth, that is found in the true Gospel found in Jesus revealed in the inerrant word of God called the Bible.

You substitute the truth for a lie because your pride says you can be like God be a God.

It is the oldest lie in the book it is the lie that the serpent used on Adam and Eve in the Garden,

Why are you not allowed to eat the fruit.
Because God said so Adam replied.

Did he the serpent replied.

That is because God knows you will be like him if you eat it the Devil says.

So like you Adam and Eve fell in pride believing they too could be like God.

YOU live a lie its literally the oldest one in THE BOOK (Bible)

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23124 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you even know what Canon means NOPE
Rhetorical question
It means that which one measures by.
A ruler of Truth.
If God anointed an Apostle today to bring new revelation today Christians would treat him with the same test of authenticity as the Bereans did Paul.
Glad you're so optimistic about the topic. Because Christianity as a whole isn't.
That which is considered canon of Jesus is in the NT. In 1700 years Christianity hasn't made an exception to anything else but what is within the Bible. That very well states Christianity isn't accepting of anything new.
So you think if God put a prophet on this earth with apostles, you think Christianity would accept them by tests against the Bible? Well God himself walked this very earth 2000 years ago and wasn't recognized by his own people. They rejected him as a Jewish prophet and rejected his followers and they killed him and killed many of his followers. If those people 2000 years ago couldn't even recognize God by testing him against their scriptures, how in the *ell do you think Christianity would recognize a prophet claiming to be of God now? They wouldn't.
Nice to know you're keeping a positive outlook about it though :)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#23125 Apr 6, 2013
A web site dedicated to getting women ordained in the priesthood:
http://ordainwomen.org/

They are shipping Depends by the truckload to church headquarters these days.

Marysville, CA

#23126 Apr 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you have made yourself into a whoring rumour monger perpetuating rumours you have read others said has nothing to do with scriptures either. Now what?
You're being an idiot, that's what.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23127 Apr 6, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are unreasonable to think Mormons aren't Christian. Unreasonable, irresponsible, willfully ignorant, which makes you a dumb dumb drama queen in your own right. Go to bed child. Your arguments are making the populace less intelligent.
You are unreasonable to think Mormons are Christian. Unreasonable, irresponsible, willfully ignorant, which makes you a dumb dumb drama queen in your own LDS way. Go to bed child. Your arguments are making dumber by the post.

Can you actually show any evidence that supports Mormonism's claims?

Or like in so many similar LDS threads is this the only thing you LDS can do is gang up and be bullies and name call and mud sling at those who post evidence and facts that show it is impossible for Mormons to be Christians??

Marysville, CA

#23128 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana,
You never answered the question:
How many LDS women feel this way?
Ask these people: http://ordainwomen.org/

Marysville, CA

#23129 Apr 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....No. Reading comprehension is your issue because you take what is perfectly understandable and twist it to mean what it never said. That's called deceit and lying for your god that urges you to do such a thing and he pats you on your back for calling it truth.
For instance, in the following do note that in this verse, it isn't stated God had allowed all the children of Israel to partake in this principle and doctrine. As a matter of fact God spells it out that only certain individuals were allowed by God to partake in this practice, read the fricking verse as it was written, not as you deceitfully twist it to mean.
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you my servant Joseph, that inasmuch as you have inquired of my hand to know and understand wherein I, the Lord, justified my servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as also Moses, David and Solomon, my servants, as touching the principle and doctrine of their having many wives and concubines—
Next, God states in this verse... "...for all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same." That means not everyone as a whole would have this law revealed to them, but only select individuals.
That means this principle and doctrine wasn't a matter of salvation FOR EACH AND EVERY CHURCH MEMBER. But it was a matter of salvation to those of whom it was required of to partake of that principle and doctrine.
And you reverting to your usual pathetic lies you use to make a really stupid twisted point only prove how far you will go to foster your lies.
The doctrine of plural marriage was never given for all church members male and female. It was never stated and it was never written that all male and female church members had to be part of a polygamous marriage or risk going to hell etc. And you're reverting to pathetic twisted lies stating that is how it reads.
So remain a liar or read the information as it was written "..for all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same."
Playing child word games again, pathetic. Not playing this time.

Marysville, CA

#23130 Apr 6, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
You also never answered the question:
Since you don't believe in the Church Jesus Christ set up in his ministry "The Church of Jesus Christ"
and you don't believe in the Church Jesus Christ set up after the Dark Ages from hidden manuscripts "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints"
What do you believe?
Are you an atheist?
I've already said I wasn't. How many times do you have to read it?

Marysville, CA

#23131 Apr 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
According to what was written in that conversation, Jesus never even attempted to teach the Sadducees that there was an resurrection let alone an afterlife. There was no teaching about either in the Torah. They were like you. They believed in the literal writing of the Torah as you believe in the NT. And like them, if it wasn't in the scriptures as you also claim it, God never said it.
Jesus understood what they believed and what they didn't believe. You can remain as ignorant of this conversation Jesus had with them to your hearts delight but you will suffer for your own idiocy of thought.
Jesus's first response was that they knew not the power of God just as you don't know it because like them, you deny the power of God by containing it to what you think the power of God is and what you state the power of God isn't just as the Sadducees proclaimed it.
Nothing Jesus told them they accepted nor did they believe because they didn't believe in a resurrection or an afterlife. So anything Jesus said was a waste of his breath. Those like you and the Sadducees that contain the power of God to what one comprehends it to be and nothing more will never understand the power of God has never came with limitations.
He clearly made a statement about the resurrection, talking to you is a waste of breath. You're boring.

Marysville, CA

#23132 Apr 6, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
I have heard the saviors name over 40 times in the last four hours of conference. I do believe Mormons are more than Christian. They are disciples.
Good for you.

Marysville, CA

#23133 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I love anti-mormon sites
I love anti-Racist sites
I love anti-devil worship sites
I love anti-muslim sites
I love anti-hidu sites.
I love anti-abortion sites.
Any site that is (Anti) against falsehoods and lies is right up my alley
I am even anti you as you think because you call something Anti-Mormon that means your position is right with having to refute the evidence they give.
You your so stupid that you think because you call something a name that your authority to do so makes something not true.
This shows you are a brainwashed dumb dumb.
If you are seeking truth about the LDS Mormon Sect.
If you want access to verifiable footnoted sources that you can verify yourself
Then these sites all document their assertions with EVIDENCE Biblical Historical and verifiable.
ALL THESE ANTI-MORMON SITES NOT ONE LDS MORMON EVEN DARES TO REFUTE AS THEY KNOW THEY CAN NOT WIN A DEBATE WITH THE TRUTH BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THEIR ASSERTIONS
Because the Truth Matters not vial name callers.
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
http://www.leaderu.com/offices/michaeldavis/d...
http://www.mrm.org/
http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/
http://www.utlm.org/
http://irr.org/
http://carm.org/
http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/search/colle...
http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/index.h...
k
It's a common Mormon tactic to avoid reality.

Marysville, CA

#23134 Apr 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
So, paKKKer steps in it again. Can you make a petition or something, to ban him permanently from the speech list?
http://fox13now.com/2013/04/06/lds-leader-war...
More proof that Packer has never known Jesus, let alone is his Apostle.

Good link, thanks.
concerned in Egypt

Aberdeen, UK

#23135 Apr 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're so optimistic about the topic. Because Christianity as a whole isn't.
That which is considered canon of Jesus is in the NT. In 1700 years Christianity hasn't made an exception to anything else but what is within the Bible. That very well states Christianity isn't accepting of anything new.
So you think if God put a prophet on this earth with apostles, you think Christianity would accept them by tests against the Bible? Well God himself walked this very earth 2000 years ago and wasn't recognized by his own people. They rejected him as a Jewish prophet and rejected his followers and they killed him and killed many of his followers. If those people 2000 years ago couldn't even recognize God by testing him against their scriptures, how in the *ell do you think Christianity would recognize a prophet claiming to be of God now? They wouldn't.
Nice to know you're keeping a positive outlook about it though :)
If God has not anointed anyone in 1900 years to bring new revelation so be it God is sovereign his will be done not yours not mine.

But Jesus left so the Holy Spirit could come and be our great comforter till the second coming he has not left us alone.

I am seeing now as I write why LDS what there to be new revelation so badly they believe a lie. You are alone, your spirit is alone and empty lacking the indwelling of Holy Spirit as you are not Christian. So you fill the void with fake man made substitutions as your pride is great and you will not admit you are wrong.

Ro 1:19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
Ro 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Ro 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Ro 1:22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
Ro 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
Ro 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
Ro 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

You are not Christians LDS that is, you see Christians are indwelt with the truth the one true God the Holy Spirit we are not alone we have that which revelation previously alluded to living and dwelling with in us.
We are filled and indwelt with that which is made of Revelation God himself.

Like in Jesus's day God's true followers saw Jesus and knew who he was, they were all Jews and on pentecost these Jews were filled with the Spirit of Truth.

LDS can't see truth and know when its in front of them with out the Spirit. You don't even realize that which posted about the Jews rejecting the true Messiah is exactly what you and the LDS do today by accepting Mormon Doctrine which denies the same Jesus the Jews rejected and crucified.

Like then if God Sends a true messenger his true Christians will know. They are in dwelt with God's Holy Spirit and can't miss it.

Like then we too who are true followers of Jesus know in the Spirit Mormonism is False.

The Holy Spirit confirms his word the Bible to us and reveals to us through his word that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were false Prophets, tools of the evil one, sellers of a false Gospel.

anonymousnetruth teller

Omaha, NE

#23136 Apr 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a common Mormon tactic to avoid reality.
Mormons do not avoid reality

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Cosby: Consider his social message, not th... 1 hr Allie Baba 4
News Minnesotans advance on 'America's Got Talent,' ... 3 hr Retired Promoter 1
News News Anchor Calls Hamster Toy 'Insulting' 4 hr realitytv 1
News 'Gator Boys' fans treated to Paul Bedard for Mo... 7 hr john 2
News Huckabee Affirms Support For Duggar Family Foll... 16 hr Mikey 10
News Kim Kardashian: I post selfies because they emp... 16 hr social vampire 7
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr cpeter1313 310,234
More from around the web