Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 1,086)

Showing posts 21,701 - 21,720 of31,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you still against mixed race marrriages too, even though they aren't illegal any more?
Excellent post. You prove my point again. You believe in the suppression of opinion. You believe in being verbally abusive as possible to those that that disagree with how you think and believe about same sex marriage. You're will to put on the rainbow coloured klan cloak and hood to persecute all those that disagree with you and have a different opinion.
As for me, I believe people have a right to disagree or agree to anything they wish to agree to or to disagree with. I think that's a moral right we all should give each other.
I personally don't care if there is or isn't a law for marriage at all. I don't care if marriage is for humans and animals or humans and microbes. If someone is being excluded because they weren't included in the beginning or included through the centuries somewhere, then let them petition the law to make an amendment so they can be included. Simple concept to me.
But all this equality and crap about discrimination, marriage was never founded on either.
Polygamous and same sex couples have been purposefully excluded from the right to marry by the establishment of laws in just the last century only. Those laws were passed because of how popular sentiment ran.
Well, popular sentiment is changing and laws are being changed. But real change won't happen till polygamous, same sex and opposite sex couples are all allowed to marry in my book. But establishing a legal right to do something shouldn't be trumped to "equality" and name calling, understand?

Since: Sep 12

Walnut Shade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>PS....Provo highest number of anal cases in the country among teenage girls. Bite me
If that's true, no thanks. Bite yourself.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are really that ignorant, google Ughanda and see who's BEHIND their kill the gays bill. Imagine your very LIFE depending on how well you are able to stay in a closet. Your reality is really small and sick.
Really? And your reality isn't? You have told me many things I should do because I have an opinion including your wish of me to die because of it. Your bud Dana said people with opinions opposing your's and his concerning same sex marriage is discrimination and he equated discrimination to a murderous deed or a deed need to be done as such.
So not only have you and Dana shown an over whelming amount of verbal malevolence against those who disagree with you two, but you two have shown matter of factly people disagreeing with you should actually suffer a physical death for being disagreeable with you two.
You two have stated directly and indirectly the support of a kill anti-same sex marriage proponents law you two would pass if your could.
You two are no different than those you claim are so evil and terrible. You have become exactly like them in voice and in deed if it were legally possible you have proven.
You have become the very filth you wish wouldn't exist.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ughanda.sick freak
You're the murderer, not I.
You're the one that saw a child on the way to possible death and did nothing, not I.
You're the one that wishes murder on those for disagreeing with you, not I.
You're the one that's became the mentally violent of murderous thought because people have an opinion you don't like, not I.
Sick Freak is you and your state of mind, not mine.
question

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
We believe that man will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
We believe that the first principals and ordinances of the gospel are first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second, repentence; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, laying.on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the gospel and administer the ordinances thereof.
We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely apostles, prophets pastures, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
Sounds like any other born again Christian.How is a Mormon different?(Other than believing in the book of Mormon ,and why add the book? if you believe the Bible way ). I think Mormons are saved and good people .

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Suppression of opinion? Pathetic again...how about oppression of REAL LIVE PEOPLE? You are really struggling with reality.
lolol...what don't you understand about what you have stated that is your clarified position on this matter?
You have stated people that disagree with you about same sex marriage should all wither up and die. They should cease to exist. They shouldn't have an opinion. UNLESS they decided to agree with your opinion and than their okay but you'll always remind them of how they once defied your opinion by having one in opposition to your's.
You call all sorts of names from that black heart of yours for those that disagree with your opinion.
You have wished death and destruction on all those that disagree with your opinion.
You have became a suppressor of other's opinions. What don't you understand about your self? Other's understand your proclamations, why don't you? You stated them!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the murderer, not I.
You're the one that saw a child on the way to possible death and did nothing, not I.
You're the one that wishes murder on those for disagreeing with you, not I.
You're the one that's became the mentally violent of murderous thought because people have an opinion you don't like, not I.
Sick Freak is you and your state of mind, not mine.
Telling lies makes you look pathetic. Got anything REAL?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And your reality isn't? You have told me many things I should do because I have an opinion including your wish of me to die because of it. Your bud Dana said people with opinions opposing your's and his concerning same sex marriage is discrimination and he equated discrimination to a murderous deed or a deed need to be done as such.
So not only have you and Dana shown an over whelming amount of verbal malevolence against those who disagree with you two, but you two have shown matter of factly people disagreeing with you should actually suffer a physical death for being disagreeable with you two.
You two have stated directly and indirectly the support of a kill anti-same sex marriage proponents law you two would pass if your could.
You two are no different than those you claim are so evil and terrible. You have become exactly like them in voice and in deed if it were legally possible you have proven.
You have become the very filth you wish wouldn't exist.
More lies, liar. Die?...no. I WISH you would go away, but it's a free country.
Your lies don't intimidate me, piggy. They don't make sense either

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol...what don't you understand about what you have stated that is your clarified position on this matter?
You have stated people that disagree with you about same sex marriage should all wither up and die. They should cease to exist. They shouldn't have an opinion. UNLESS they decided to agree with your opinion and than their okay but you'll always remind them of how they once defied your opinion by having one in opposition to your's.
You call all sorts of names from that black heart of yours for those that disagree with your opinion.
You have wished death and destruction on all those that disagree with your opinion.
You have became a suppressor of other's opinions. What don't you understand about your self? Other's understand your proclamations, why don't you? You stated them!
No mas pantalones, lunatic. Boyd K PaKKKer is withering away just fine on his own.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
No mas pantalones, lunatic. Boyd K PaKKKer is withering away just fine on his own.
You hate people that disagree with you. What an ugly personality you must have.

Since: Sep 12

Walnut Shade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>You hate people that disagree with you. What an ugly personality you must have.
I totally agree with you 100%.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sick of your bigoted cult ...so do you think they will pull her temple reccommend like they did that kid who wanted to be a missionary?

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/t/video/person-week...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling lies makes you look pathetic. Got anything REAL?
That's so sweet and so telling of your despicable nature and that darkened hating heart. You accuse me of lying when I tell your truths?
You allowed a child to die. You did say you knew him "very well". You did say you knew "all that was happening to that child at home and at school". You did say you knew of the "abuse he suffered and the bullying he endured". And you matter of factly did nothing to intervene. That makes you an accomplice to his self murder as if you had did it yourself. You allowed a child to die. I see no lie in the information YOU PROVIDED.
You have wished my death for my opinion about same sex marriage. People don't make that statement unless they mean it. And your black heart meant it. No lie there in the statements you have repeatedly made to me.
Your mind speaks the filth of your blackened heart all the time. You'll state a lie like you did this time to say you didn't lie when you factually did lie.
You let a child die.
You have wished death and destruction and other things on those that disagreed with your opinion of same sex marriage. That was no lie you told. But you lie saying you said no lie.
Speaking of pathetic...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies, liar. Die?...no. I WISH you would go away, but it's a free country.
Your lies don't intimidate me, piggy. They don't make sense either
Your a rainbow cloak and hood clansman out to prove you can suppress others opinions by doing your pathetic worst to verbally intimidate and ridicule them from the dark void of that black heart.
Nice to see the old immature nomo come to the surface to prove how much you think your name calling will harm someone's emotional well being...lolol...fricking pathetic...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sick of your bigoted cult ...so do you think they will pull her temple reccommend like they did that kid who wanted to be a missionary?
Your personality quirks are calling attention from people who haven't had a lot to say to you. Just saying you have issues you project to a lot of people here that haven't even really engaged you in conversation. Their just listening to the malevolent hate that drips from your words like many do. They make a comment about it and you trash talk them.
You're like the alcoholic that people notice is a alcoholic who might say something about it to you and instead of thinking maybe their right, you try to verbally rip their heads off and continue to drink.
You have some real hate and anger issues. I have never really said to you where I think it comes from. I do have some respect for you as a person to not embarrass you in such a conversation that private in these threads.
I know we battle. I know why you battle me and I know why I pinch you back to piss you off. If you ever really wish to speak candidly in a more civil tone, you can message me. I'm a good listener. Just offering.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstood my point. The Sadducees did NOT believe in eternal marriage, nor did they believe in the resurrection. That is why they asked the question inorder to entrap Jesus. Jesus answered them according to the law they supposedly understood, not falling for their trap. He answered them according to their knowledge of the lesser law (the law of Moses). The fact that the Sadducees asked the question of Jesus in the first place shows that Jesus and others were teaching something different than the law they knew.
And he was telling them that there will be a resurrection, but there won't be any marriages. If there was a chance to for eternal marriage, he would have stated how and with what exception.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
No Surprise is hardly the epitome of goodness and virtue. When you disagree with him, it's straight to overinflated claims, personal attacks, and statements about their intelligence. This is how I know he isn't even buying his own BS, because when he has something of substance to say, he will say them and leave it at that. He is trying to get raise out of her, and she is accommodating him. But he isn't guiltless by any means.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so sweet and so telling of your despicable nature and that darkened hating heart. You accuse me of lying when I tell your truths?
You allowed a child to die. You did say you knew him "very well". You did say you knew "all that was happening to that child at home and at school". You did say you knew of the "abuse he suffered and the bullying he endured". And you matter of factly did nothing to intervene. That makes you an accomplice to his self murder as if you had did it yourself. You allowed a child to die. I see no lie in the information YOU PROVIDED.
You have wished my death for my opinion about same sex marriage. People don't make that statement unless they mean it. And your black heart meant it. No lie there in the statements you have repeatedly made to me.
Your mind speaks the filth of your blackened heart all the time. You'll state a lie like you did this time to say you didn't lie when you factually did lie.
You let a child die.
You have wished death and destruction and other things on those that disagreed with your opinion of same sex marriage. That was no lie you told. But you lie saying you said no lie.
Speaking of pathetic...
What is pathetic is you accusing her of something she never said. I went back and looked at her recent posts, no where does she wish your death. False accusations is a common practice with you. You think you are clever twisting what people say intentionally in hopes of creating statements on their part just to be deceitful. And your attempt to get at her guilt is just a scum of the earth act, like you try to pull with me and my relationship with my father.
Yet we are the "vile, hateful" ones?
You haven't had one civil post to me or anyone else in over a week. Are you filling in for Carol now? Me, I don't care what cheap tactics you want to pull, you are certainly nothing to worry about, but you're not doing the LDS church any favors. Read the posts between me and Crazy we have been having. That is what mature people post like, and Crazy demonstrates he has been to a LDS church and paid attention to what they have been saying. If NoMo is hateful to you it's because you ask for it.
But accusing her of personally being responsible for the death of another is about as low class as you can get.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never said what you claim.
Jesus never even came close to saying anything you claim as your interpretation of what he said.
His Apostles did. The people he chose to represent him. And Jesus did say:

John 6:28-29 (NASB)
28 Therefore they said to Him,“What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them,“This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Sounds like a message of faith to me. And what did he say about the rich man who did keep the law?

Mark 10:
17 As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him,“Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him,“Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 You know the commandments,‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” 20 And he said to Him,“Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up.” 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him,“One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22 But at these words he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.

23 And Jesus, looking around,*said to His disciples,“How hard it will be for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 The disciples were amazed at His words. But Jesus *answered again and *said to them,“Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 They were even more astonished and said to Him,“Then who can be saved?” 27 Looking at them, Jesus *said,“With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.”

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironic because? Mormons TODAY do as (most)any citizen of the US does and follow the law of the land of one man one woman in marriage. So there is no irony.
The irony is that you fail to see what Young said was true. Monogamy was instituted by Rome. Marriage between a man and one or more women was instituted by God.
So, somebody in Rome wrote:
Genesis 2:24
For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

One flesh, not one dozen. Where does it teach polygamy in that verse if it was "instituted by God?" Why didn't make Adam and Eve, and Tammy, and Betty... if it was "instituted by God?"

Why did he tell the kings of Israel:
"17: Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold" (Deut. 17).

If it was "instituted by God?" Just because the Bible mentions a trait or act of an individual, even a godly person, does not necessarily mean that the Bible endorsed such. The mentioning of Noah becoming drunk and disgracing himself is mentioned, but certainly not condoned (Gen. 9: 20ff.). I submit that God was not pleased with polygamy, an aberrant from the monogamous marriage God put in place, but that he did two things:(1). God tolerated polygamy during the maturation of his people and (2) he sought to regulate the evil practice.

We know that God intended for one man, one woman and that this relationship was to be for the duration (Matt. 19: 4ff., the only allowable cause for divorce is fornication). Yet, we also read of a divorce provision for a cause other than fornication (Deut. 24: 1-4). This divorce concession was not given for the pleasure of flippant husbands, but was actually for the protection of the women. Thus it was relative to polygamy. God put in place monogamous marriage, but man within a short time became dissatisfied with one woman (Gen. 4: 19). Hence, God then sought to regulate the polygamous practice (Ex. 21: 10). Notwithstanding, God was never pleased with polygamy or divorce for a cause other than fornication (cp. Mal. 3: 16).

Polygamy is expressly denounced pertaining to the leaders of God’s people.

"2: A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach," "6: If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly" (I Tim. 3; Tit. 1).

The expression "husband of one wife" (andra mias gunaikos) was provided by the Holy Spirit and must be respected. The Holy Spirit could have worded this requirement a number of ways. This construction requires marriage (present marriage) but forbids polygamy.

Thus in the case of the Hebrew leaders (the kings) and in the case of the rulers of God’s people today (cp. Heb. 13: 17), having more than one wife is expressly forbidden. Why would one think such would not also follow regarding those under these men?

Someone in Rome wrote all of that, when?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,701 - 21,720 of31,762
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Television Forum right now

Search the Television Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Miley Cyrus hospitalized 26 min M Robert 10
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 29 min NoahRS 303,194
'Days Of Our Lives' Exclusive SPOILER: Will and... 33 min dmw 5
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 1 hr GinaLover 551
Miley Cyrus Cancels Charlotte Concert 30 Minute... 3 hr amw 2
'The Young and the Restless' (Y&R) Spoilers for... 3 hr dmw 2
In the past decade, series featuring everyday p... (Jan '11) 4 hr Nouch 4
•••
•••