Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#22825 Mar 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is funny coming from a man who accuses me of the same thing in almost every post, especially when I have proven him wrong in his statements.
Why do you find it funny? It's true. You and nomo are the same when it comes to the same sex marriage issue. You both have become what you claim to hate and object about. You both condemn others for having an opinion. You both condemn others for not agreeing as you think they should feel as you two do about same sex marriage. You two have become the bigoted, discriminating prejudicial types against people who have a differing opinion than your own.
You're both rainbow neo-nazis determined to crush down those who have a differing opinion. Proud of yourself?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22826 Mar 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was because of people who had so-called had "non-violent, non-malevolent opinion" that people like Hitler got to come into power.
The gays rights movement isn't lynching people, burning homes, or burning anything to terrorize people with fear. They are using their constitutional rights to make a change. It going to happen and you are going to look like the bigots of the 50's and 60's who fought against the rights of blacks in the south. They tried using the Bible also to justify their ignorance and hatred.
If Hitler was really non-violent and non-malevolent, he would never have done what he did. Since he did what he did do, that proves he remained a non-violent and non-malevolent type person, understand?
People in America that disagree with same sex marriage and are non-violent and non-malevolent about there opinion usually remain as such regardless if the law changes or remains the same. Understand?
On the other hand the LGBT has entered verbal combat and has very well displayed malevolent attacks against people disagreeing with their agenda by protesting individuals and businesses with verbal threats etc. Some have resorted to physical like the burning of churches, etc.
What now?

Location hidden

#22827 Mar 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you've actually fully admitted that you're no different than a neo-Nazi. You have to be quite proud of yourself for having came out of the closet!
Instead of a grey uniform with a swastika you have a rainbow coloured uniform with a rainbow insignia. And you persecute people just as Nazi's did. And just like the Nazi's persecuted Jews for living and having an opinion and wanted them dead, you persecute people disagreeing with you and you'd like to see them dead.
The comparison value is just way to much. You have turned into nothing more than a duplicate neo-nazi persecuting people for having a difference of opinion.
Nomo the rainbow Nazi...just to fricking pathetically sad...really...
Westboro claims victim status too..something ALL you bigoted idiots have in common. Does the Klan??

Location hidden

#22828 Mar 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what equality is. There is no such thing as equality except by where law states it has to exist. Equality doesn't exist between the rich and poor, the genius and the idiot, the person born deformed and the person born not deformed, the person born in filth and the person born to a bed, the person born to instant starvation and the person born to being fed, the person born to instant abuse and the person born to love, wishing for equality is like wishing for world peace. It's a nice wish. Humans are discriminating in nature because that character allows us to survive through opinion and judgement/discernment as to what is best for us as an individual.
Marriage NEVER discriminated against anyone. Humans for thousands of years set marriage/unions as that to be between what was usually a young man and woman that came together to have a family. Anything else concerning marriage was irrelevant including two old people marrying, two same sex marrying, some one marrying a tree or an animal or what ever. Humans made marriage/unions what it has been for thousands of years and it was made that way by basing it on discrimination and or prejudice.
Rainbow Nazi's like you and Dana, demanding people to quit having an oppositional opinion and to fold over and agree with you two or else suffer the wrath of your filthy derogatory sayings from your black filled hearts is what has came to exist along side the racists demanding the very same thing.
So, are you still against mixed race marrriages too, even though they aren't illegal any more?

Location hidden

#22829 Mar 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you find it funny? It's true. You and nomo are the same when it comes to the same sex marriage issue. You both have become what you claim to hate and object about. You both condemn others for having an opinion. You both condemn others for not agreeing as you think they should feel as you two do about same sex marriage. You two have become the bigoted, discriminating prejudicial types against people who have a differing opinion than your own.
You're both rainbow neo-nazis determined to crush down those who have a differing opinion. Proud of yourself?
If you are really that ignorant, google Ughanda and see who's BEHIND their kill the gays bill. Imagine your very LIFE depending on how well you are able to stay in a closet. Your reality is really small and sick.

Location hidden

#22830 Mar 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If Hitler was really non-violent and non-malevolent, he would never have done what he did. Since he did what he did do, that proves he remained a non-violent and non-malevolent type person, understand?
People in America that disagree with same sex marriage and are non-violent and non-malevolent about there opinion usually remain as such regardless if the law changes or remains the same. Understand?
On the other hand the LGBT has entered verbal combat and has very well displayed malevolent attacks against people disagreeing with their agenda by protesting individuals and businesses with verbal threats etc. Some have resorted to physical like the burning of churches, etc.
What now?
Ughanda.sick freak

Since: Sep 12

West Plains, MO

#22831 Mar 29, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Ughanda.sick freak
How is it that the topic at hand keeps getting high jacked for your personal agenda. The topic is "Who says Mormons aren't Christian?" It seems in your utter disgust and contempt for the LDS Church, you have chosen this thread to call attention to every ill and injustice in the world that you perceive. Or, maybe you blame it all on the LDS Church. And if the LDS Church was wiped from the face of the earth, none of it would exist and we'd all be singing kumbaya. You know... In this thread, you're like that unwanted STD (cold sore) that shows up on prom night. FYI- there's already a specific thread for your equal rights for gay marriage. Would you like me to send you the link?Maybe you can start one on Uganda too.

Location hidden

#22832 Mar 29, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it that the topic at hand keeps getting high jacked for your personal agenda. The topic is "Who says Mormons aren't Christian?" It seems in your utter disgust and contempt for the LDS Church, you have chosen this thread to call attention to every ill and injustice in the world that you perceive. Or, maybe you blame it all on the LDS Church. And if the LDS Church was wiped from the face of the earth, none of it would exist and we'd all be singing kumbaya. You know... In this thread, you're like that unwanted STD (cold sore) that shows up on prom night. FYI- there's already a specific thread for your equal rights for gay marriage. Would you like me to send you the link?Maybe you can start one on Uganda too.
Christians are supposed to be Christ like. Acting like bigots and supporting harmful, hateful agendas isn't Christ like, is it? If you don't like what I post, don't read it...I think your support of a hate cult is much worse than herpes, more like Ebola.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22833 Mar 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
If God isn't "pro-heavenly divorce" then all marriages would be eternal marriages. God told Peter "what you bound on earth will be bound in heaven", and if every marriage is suppose to be lived according to the practice of joining of "one flesh" then God breaks his own rule by saying only some would be eternal. If Peter was suppose to be performing eternal marriages, he would have at least built endowment houses, but he did not. He didn't even talk about the need for one. This would be doubly true if those marriages were essential to our place in God's kingdom. A person is only under the law of marriage while he lives, that is clear from Romans 7.
You're entire post is false because you based it on God being 'pro-divorce' and he isn't and never has been.
There is a difference between God allowing something because he is not in opposition to it and, God allowing something because he is not obviously in favour of it. God was never in favour of divorce. God never instituted a law for divorce because he favoured divorce. Do you not remember what the OT stated about God's opinion of divorce and why he allowed Moses to make a law for it?
Y

Location hidden

#22834 Mar 29, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are supposed to be Christ like. Acting like bigots and supporting harmful, hateful agendas isn't Christ like, is it? If you don't like what I post, don't read it...I think your support of a hate cult is much worse than herpes, more like Ebola.
PS....Provo highest number of anal cases in the country among teenage girls. Bite me

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22835 Mar 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that when you start teaching that those works are essential to your salvation, you are denying the grace of Jesus Christ:
Jesus never said what you claim.
Jesus never even came close to saying anything you claim as your interpretation of what he said.
Your problem is you don't want to accept the fact that Jesus taught that works were an essential part of our salvation as faith was an essential part of our salvation.
You don't want to accept that teaching from Jesus himself. It was Jesus's teaching, not any one's else. Call him a liar all you want but that will always be to your own judgement time when you face him.
The following from a Christian minister on the web...
From (just)the Gospel of Matthew, here’s a list of all the things that Jesus told us TO DO (that deals with our salvation).
Worship the Lord and serve him only. Mt 4:10
Repent. Mt 4:17
Follow me. Mt 4:19
Shine your light before me and do good deeds. Mt 5:16
Your righteousness must surpass the Pharisees Mt 5:20
Settle matters quickly. Mt 5:25
Give to those who ask, and don’t turn away from those who want to borrow from you. Mt 5:42.
Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Mt 5:44
Give to the needy. Mt 6:2
Pray. Mt 6:5
Forgive people who sin against you. Mt. 6:14 & 18:35
Fast from food once in awhile. Mt 6:16
Treat people the way you’d like to be treated. Mt 7:12
Enter through the narrow gate. Mt 7:13
Do God’s will. Mt 7:21
Acknowledge Jesus before men. Mt 10:32
Honor your father and mother. Mt 15:4 & 19:19
Be humble. Mt 18:4
Confront the person you have a conflict with. Mt 18:15
Love your neighbor as yourself. Mt 19:19 & 22:39
Serve everyone. Mt 20:26-28 & 23:11
Love God with all your heart, soul and mind. Mt 22:37
Feed, clothes, visit and invite in the poor and needy. Mt 25:35
Make disciples and baptize them. Mt 28:19

Location hidden

#22836 Mar 29, 2013
*anal gonorrhea

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22837 Mar 29, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
A look at irony. Mormons today have claimed they are defenders of traditional marriage, fighting gay marriage wherever they can. They say it is the Lords way. But what did their leaders in the past have to say on that?
“Monogamy, or restrictions by law to one wife, is no part of the economy of heaven among men. Such a system was commenced by the founders of the Roman Empire... Rome became the mistress of the world, and introduced this order of monogamy wherever her sway was acknowledged. Thus this monogamic order of marriage, so esteemed by modern Christians as a hold sacrament and divine institution, is nothing but a system established by a set of robbers.”
- Prophet Brigham Young, Deseret News, August 6, 1862
“Since the founding of the Roman empire monogamy has prevailed more extensively than in times previous to that. The founders of that ancient empire were robbers and women stealers, and made laws favoring monogamy in consequence of the scarcity of women among them, and hence this monogamic system which now prevails throughout all Christendom, and which has been so fruitful a source of prostitution and whoredom throughout all the Christian monogamic cities of the Old and New World, until rottenness and decay are at the root of their institutions both national and religious.”
- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 11, p. 128
“It is a fact worthy of note that the shortest-lived nations of which we have record have been monogamic. Rome, with her arts, sciences and warlike instincts, was once the mistress of the world; but her glory faded. She was a mono-gamic nation, and the numerous evils attending that system early laid the foundation for that ruin which eventually overtook her.”
- Apostle George Q. Cannon, Journal of Discourses, v. 13, p. 202
“We breathe the free air, we have the best looking men and handsomest women, and if they envy our position, well they may, for they are a poor, narrow minded, pinch-backed race of man, who chain themselves down to the law of monogamy and live all their days under the dominion of one wife. They aught to be ashamed of such conduct, and the still fouler channel which flows from their practices.”
- Prophet George A. Smith, Apostle, Deseret News, April 16, 1856
“... the one-wife system not only degenerates the human family, both physically and intellectually, but it is entirely incompatible with philosophical notions of immortality; it is a lure to temptation, and has always proved a curse to people.”
- Millennial Star, v. 15, p. 227
Ironic because? Mormons TODAY do as (most)any citizen of the US does and follow the law of the land of one man one woman in marriage. So there is no irony.
The irony is that you fail to see what Young said was true. Monogamy was instituted by Rome. Marriage between a man and one or more women was instituted by God. God allowed many of his OT prophets to be polygamists. If polygamy was really evil as you claim and God agreed with you, we would have no evidence of any OT prophet being a polygamist because if it was evil in God's eyes for a man to have two or more wives, he wouldn't have allowed it. Therefore the only cases of polygamy in the OT we would hear about, would be in singular stories stating such and such disobeyed God and took unto themselves more than one wife. But not a single story exists like that.
Plus Young was correct about the existence of polygamy before the Romans changed things because in every culture out there some form of polygamy has existed for thousands of years on the four corners of this earth.
Native Indians from South America all the way to the Arctic circle practised polygamy. Islanders from Hawaii to any where you can probably think of practised polygamy.
In the farthest northern parts of Russia and China to England to Africa and Greenland tribes practised polygamy.
Polygamy became a bad taste in Roman Christianity's mouth. Not God's opinion.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22838 Mar 29, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Westboro claims victim status too..something ALL you bigoted idiots have in common. Does the Klan??
I have no idea...lol...you're the one that believes in the suppression of opinion, not I. Your the one that's equated yourself with the klan and other racially motivated hate groups in that how you think has to be accepted by others or else you'll call them all kinds of filthy names from your darkened heart of prejudice.

Location hidden

#22839 Mar 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea...lol...you're the one that believes in the suppression of opinion, not I. Your the one that's equated yourself with the klan and other racially motivated hate groups in that how you think has to be accepted by others or else you'll call them all kinds of filthy names from your darkened heart of prejudice.
Suppression of opinion? Pathetic again...how about oppression of REAL LIVE PEOPLE? You are really struggling with reality.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22840 Mar 29, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you still against mixed race marrriages too, even though they aren't illegal any more?
Excellent post. You prove my point again. You believe in the suppression of opinion. You believe in being verbally abusive as possible to those that that disagree with how you think and believe about same sex marriage. You're will to put on the rainbow coloured klan cloak and hood to persecute all those that disagree with you and have a different opinion.
As for me, I believe people have a right to disagree or agree to anything they wish to agree to or to disagree with. I think that's a moral right we all should give each other.
I personally don't care if there is or isn't a law for marriage at all. I don't care if marriage is for humans and animals or humans and microbes. If someone is being excluded because they weren't included in the beginning or included through the centuries somewhere, then let them petition the law to make an amendment so they can be included. Simple concept to me.
But all this equality and crap about discrimination, marriage was never founded on either.
Polygamous and same sex couples have been purposefully excluded from the right to marry by the establishment of laws in just the last century only. Those laws were passed because of how popular sentiment ran.
Well, popular sentiment is changing and laws are being changed. But real change won't happen till polygamous, same sex and opposite sex couples are all allowed to marry in my book. But establishing a legal right to do something shouldn't be trumped to "equality" and name calling, understand?

Since: Sep 12

West Plains, MO

#22841 Mar 29, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>PS....Provo highest number of anal cases in the country among teenage girls. Bite me
If that's true, no thanks. Bite yourself.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22842 Mar 29, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are really that ignorant, google Ughanda and see who's BEHIND their kill the gays bill. Imagine your very LIFE depending on how well you are able to stay in a closet. Your reality is really small and sick.
Really? And your reality isn't? You have told me many things I should do because I have an opinion including your wish of me to die because of it. Your bud Dana said people with opinions opposing your's and his concerning same sex marriage is discrimination and he equated discrimination to a murderous deed or a deed need to be done as such.
So not only have you and Dana shown an over whelming amount of verbal malevolence against those who disagree with you two, but you two have shown matter of factly people disagreeing with you should actually suffer a physical death for being disagreeable with you two.
You two have stated directly and indirectly the support of a kill anti-same sex marriage proponents law you two would pass if your could.
You two are no different than those you claim are so evil and terrible. You have become exactly like them in voice and in deed if it were legally possible you have proven.
You have become the very filth you wish wouldn't exist.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#22843 Mar 29, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ughanda.sick freak
You're the murderer, not I.
You're the one that saw a child on the way to possible death and did nothing, not I.
You're the one that wishes murder on those for disagreeing with you, not I.
You're the one that's became the mentally violent of murderous thought because people have an opinion you don't like, not I.
Sick Freak is you and your state of mind, not mine.
question

Morehead, KY

#22844 Mar 29, 2013
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
We believe that man will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
We believe that the first principals and ordinances of the gospel are first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second, repentence; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, laying.on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the gospel and administer the ordinances thereof.
We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely apostles, prophets pastures, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
Sounds like any other born again Christian.How is a Mormon different?(Other than believing in the book of Mormon ,and why add the book? if you believe the Bible way ). I think Mormons are saved and good people .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to Critics: If You Think U.S. 'Inherently... 13 min TheOriginalDoby 6
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 1 hr nOgOd 1,239
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 307,010
Gays Don't Reproduce, Will Die Out, Says Pat Ro... 7 hr Why Not 1
Bronson Pinchot Runs Up Debt, Lawsuits in Susqu... 10 hr Noonen 1
How do you joke about the Sony hacking? A littl... 23 hr uss 2
Darrin Bell: From Ferguson to New York cases, c... Sun CorruptedMedia 2
More from around the web