Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,370
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322330 Feb 20, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I just never though someone else should decide that for her."
That is why we give someone we trust the authority to make our wishes known when we can't speak for ourselves.
Imagine yourself in the exact same situation as Teri Shiavo...how long would you want to be kept in a PVS? Months? Years? Decades?
I don't have a any idea when or how my life will end. Because someone is brain damaged it doesn't mean they are dying. I have a problem with intentionally withholding food and water to a person who is not in pain and not dying.

Let me ask you do you think a person like Teri, if she is an organ donor should have her organs removed before she is starved and dehydrated?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322331 Feb 20, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the "rest" of that one's world is filled with freaks and thugs like the juggler for jesus, tax cheat Frank Pavone or domestic terrorist Randy Terry. She doesn't get out into the real world very often.
That's very true.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#322332 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of praying and then refusing to have the children treated? Prayer wont help if you refuse the assistance. That doesn't make sense.
You just don't want to acknowledge that their prayers resulted in nothing. You were the one blabbing about prayer yesterday. Try to keep up with what you say. End result here, they let their 18 month old die. No prAyers and no jesus to te rescue.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322333 Feb 20, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after all this time and hand-holding, it's pretty clear none of the ACers/PLers understand what being pro-choice is really about.
Switching gears, how long was the video of Mrs. Schiavo, do you remember? Some 6hrs or 16hrs... something like that? And mostly just her staring upward, right? But now we know she had cortical blindness and wasn't capable of seeing anything...
Let's see Pro choice def.

Respecting the right of a woman to choose whether or not to kill her unborn baby. Do I have it right?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322334 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a any idea when or how my life will end. Because someone is brain damaged it doesn't mean they are dying. I have a problem with intentionally withholding food and water to a person who is not in pain and not dying.
Let me ask you do you think a person like Teri, if she is an organ donor should have her organs removed before she is starved and dehydrated?
She did not die of starvation. If you want to debate, perhaps you should know the facts first.

She was dying, would have died long before without a tube surgically inserted. She could not take food and water by mouth. She could see, couldn't think, wasn't aware despite her parents wanting to believe she was. The autopsy proved that. I'd suggest you read it, but it's way beyond you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322335 Feb 20, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think I would care, dolt? I live in the US. What's wrong with you?
With a little luck the progressives could bring it here. What do you think?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322336 Feb 20, 2014
<Sigh> that should have read "she couldN'T see," Sorry, I didn't proofread before posting that one.
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322337 Feb 20, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Why does anyone have to "persuade" anyone on anything? Do you understand what being PROABORTION means? You support the choice of a woman or you to abort. I am ANTIABORTION because I don't.
Question...wile pregnant, did you ever refer to your pregnancy as your baby? Did you find out the sex of your baby? Did you wonder whether you were carrying a boy or girl?
Bet ya did ;)
What are you so afraid of?
Do you understand being pro-choice means supporting other people making their own individual choices by exercising their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy?

Like I asked Ink, is it really your argument that only God can decide life or death while humanity is stuck with only continuing life regardless of anything else factored in the circumstances? Death is a natural part of life regardless of the difficulty dealing with losing loved ones.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322338 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Respecting the right of a woman to choose whether or not to kill her unborn baby. Do I have it right?
No.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322339 Feb 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it on the timeline, and read the autopsy report which states that in place of normal brain tissue, there was mostly just connective tissue and spinal fluid also indicated by a 2002 CT scan. So no, I won't drop it.
Yes, there was testimony, but as I said, the court found sufficient evidence to back what her husband said. Her family admitted that they would have ignored that wish anyway, so of COURSE they would attempt to convince a judge otherwise.
Against "most of the rest of the world"? Nonsense, you arrogant thing.
No one has to give one sh*t what you "accept".
Link please. I have learned not to take your word for anything.
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322340 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Do you understand being pro-choice means supporting other people making their own individual choices by exercising their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322341 Feb 20, 2014
Here, Witless, the link to the CT scan. On the left is a normal brain, on the right Terri Schiavo's. Clearly at least 80% of her brain was gone, just gone. Go ahead, tell me you can't see that, and I'll remember how you've been lying so much lately.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322342 Feb 20, 2014
LOL, sorry, forgot the link. I'm sure you'll dishonestly use that as an excuse not to look at it, or comment. That kind of thing is typical of you. But, here it is anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schiavo_cat...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#322343 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please. I have learned not to take your word for anything.
I thought you said you'd already READ the damned timeline, or did you lie? And didn't you ALSO say you'd read the autopsy?

Go look at it again.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#322344 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You insist on calling a fetus a baby. Continue to be willing ignorant.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322345 Feb 20, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't want to acknowledge that their prayers resulted in nothing. You were the one blabbing about prayer yesterday. Try to keep up with what you say. End result here, they let their 18 month old die. No prAyers and no jesus to te rescue.
You cannot pray for a cure and refuse the cure. They killed the child. Get the feces out of your brain so that you can think.
samkinets

Pittsburgh, PA

#322346 Feb 20, 2014

Amazing abortion here I come,,,,

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322347 Feb 20, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Pupsy, humor me here. Please?
You once posted what your line of work was a few years back.
What was it?
That would be funeral service ..
:)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322348 Feb 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
LOL, sorry, forgot the link. I'm sure you'll dishonestly use that as an excuse not to look at it, or comment. That kind of thing is typical of you. But, here it is anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schiavo_cat...
Now we trust wikipedia, okay. Is 80% your guesstimate?
gidget

Scottsdale, AZ

#322349 Feb 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
With a little luck the progressives could bring it here. What do you think?
IF that happens, I'll consider it at that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Maher keynote address at Cal challenged by... 2 hr Chiclets 8
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 3 hr nOgOd 1,007
Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg already cla... 3 hr Jaimie 7
PBS Announces One-Hour Special Honoring Robin W... 4 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1
More 'Honey Boo Boo' allegations arise: Will mo... 5 hr Geno Loves Chachi 20
American Idol Promo: Are Past Winners the Secre... 6 hr Big mike 4
Carla Hall hits Kickstarter goal to open eatery 9 hr abbyprincesa 2

Television People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE