Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311139 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321143 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't bring up axioms that invalidate your own argument.
I'll do what I please.
Descartes, btw, was proving his existence as a sentient being; obviously his argument doesn't apply to non-sentients.
That's right. So why did you bring it up ? My reference to Descartes was related to MY existence.
You know, I had heard you were stupid. Now I'm seeing it firsthand.
Fetuses aren't sentient and therefore "aren't." Its sentient owner/guardian can do as she wishes.
<quoted text>
Either his argument doesn't apply or it does. Make up what little mind you have.
katie

Kent, WA

#321144 Jan 23, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "He's lying here, too. When NR says, "When YOU said "a human" exists in the womb, human was a noun (not adjective). An adjective requires a noun to describe. You did not include a noun. You said "a human" exists in the womb," he forgets the implied fetus/embryo is the noun which "exists in the womb". Anyone could replace human with canine, feline, equine, etc., and the sentence would still be correct"
_______
I enjoy narcissists like you who are too impulsive and stupid to catch when you're being stupid. Your mind tells you how brilliant you are, while ignoring the actual buffoonery you post.
"Human" can be a noun or adjective. bHitler used the NOUN form ("a human exists in the womb"). She DID NOT use the adjective form of human. She did not "imply" the adjective form. She did, however, use the noun form.
Here is what you are saying: I should've seen bHitler's statement "a human exists in the womb" and changed "human" to an adjective and added "fetus" for the noun human described.
Really? Since when do YOU promote changing another posters grammar in order to arrive at a different meaning? Don't you believe bHitler should be the one to say she expressed her sentiments wrong and meant "human" to be an adjective?
You constantly preach that we should not change the meaning of what a poster writes. Now, you are saying we are "lying" b/c we didn't change bHitler's grammar? That we're lying b/c we should have "implied" the noun was an adjective?...& we should have supplied a noun for the adjective to describe?
Really?
You are a moron. An intellectually dishonest bonehead.
You don't realize it, but what you're actually saying is that bHitler is too damn dumb to say she wrote her post wrong....and that she needs YOU to explain what SHE meant to do and say.
Hahahaha!!! You're calling bHitler an English language flunky, & she sits back & lets you say it! Hahahahaha!
bHitler used human as a noun, I read it as a noun. Anyone who read it as an adjective when it was written as a noun is either an imbecile, or is being purposely intellectually dishonest to cover their spineless baby-killing friend.
bHitler could have re-written her comment and explained the reasoning behind her changes long ago. But, gues what? She DIDN'T.
Now you both look like jackasses.
You two are the butt cheeks of the proabort A-hole. You come together tightly when one of you slips up, but you still end up making a bigger incontinent mess of ignorance.
And.
I laugh.
AT you.
Every time.
This is a lame attempt, NR. Even for you. You're projections of your own shortcomings onto others (mainly those who are PC) is beyond evident. You just can't admit when you're wrong. And so like a child, you go on and on and on and on protesting overly much with exaggerated ad hominem attacks.

It's beyond boring.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321145 Jan 24, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He must exist or you wouldn't be responding to him.
If "I think, therefore I am," is the proof of existence....you don't exist.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321146 Jan 24, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do what I please.
And so will the rest of us.*shrug*
VoteVets Org wrote:
That's right. So why did you bring it up ? My reference to Descartes was related to MY existence.
Your reference was shown to be ridiculous. Fetuses don't think.(Neither do plants, or rocks.) Guess they don't exist.
VoteVets Org wrote:
You know, I had heard you were stupid. Now I'm seeing it firsthand.
The one and only thing necessary for you to see 'stupid' firsthand, is to read anything you type before you post it. Please do.
VoteVets Org wrote:
Either his argument doesn't apply or it does. Make up what little mind you have.
My argument still applies. You haven't proven you think, so you haven't proven you exist - according to Descartes' argument.

Try again?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321147 Jan 24, 2014
Uh...what kind of sandwich?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
A) A little human in the womb
B) A sandwich
Which do you value more? A or B.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321148 Jan 24, 2014
So, the Msgr. Walter Rossi is too stupid to write his own homily, or the archbishop just presumes he is?
Husker wrote:

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321149 Jan 24, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
She responds therefore I am.
If you predicate your existence on my response, will you cease to exist when I cease to respond?

That would be cool.....let's give it a try.

:)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321150 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If "I think, therefore I am," is the proof of existence....you don't exist.
Next...
Iexisted from the time I was conceived like everyone else.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321151 Jan 24, 2014
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/24/32...

I'm so glad that her wishes, and those of the people who knew and loved her best, are being granted, and that this poor family can now properly grieve their loss. It was a horrid gov't intrusion into their lives that should never have happened.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321152 Jan 24, 2014
Bitner wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/healt h/2014/01/24/3205351/marlise-m unoz-off-life-support/
I'm so glad that her wishes, and those of the people who knew and loved her best, are being granted, and that this poor family can now properly grieve their loss. It was a horrid gov't intrusion into their lives that should never have happened.
Hi Bitner! How are you?

I agree! This family needs their privacy and grieve their loss. It was stupid Texas law and I'm glad the judge ruled for the family.
gidget

Phoenix, AZ

#321153 Jan 24, 2014
Bitner wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/healt h/2014/01/24/3205351/marlise-m unoz-off-life-support/
Oh, I'm so glad! This was unforgiveable overreach by the zealots. I hope these poor people can be left in peace to grieve and then heal.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321154 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bitner! How are you?
I agree! This family needs their privacy and grieve their loss. It was stupid Texas law and I'm glad the judge ruled for the family.
I'm good, EC. How are you?:)

Stupid describes that law very well.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321155 Jan 24, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm so glad! This was unforgiveable overreach by the zealots. I hope these poor people can be left in peace to grieve and then heal.
These people need to stop pretending they are for small gov't. Seriously.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321156 Jan 24, 2014
Bitner wrote:
If we ever needed incontrovertible proof that Texas views its women as nothing more than incubators, this was it. I hope against hope that Texas women give Wendy Davis a landslide victory to the Governor's chair this year...after this fiasco, if another Republiban wins that race, there will be no hope of meaningful citizenship for pregnant women in the State of Texas.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#321157 Jan 24, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good, EC. How are you?:)
Stupid describes that law very well.
I'm doing good, Bitner :-). It's been in the single digits with this crazy weather and I'm really looking forward to Spring. I'm already thinking about what I want to plant in the garden. Definitely tomatoes and herbs.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321158 Jan 24, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
The hospital in question has already informed the family that the husband will be held responsible for the costs of her 'care' during the last few months...I don't think that's going to aid in the grieving process, do you?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321159 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If we ever needed incontrovertible proof that Texas views its women as nothing more than incubators, this was it. I hope against hope that Texas women give Wendy Davis a landslide victory to the Governor's chair this year...after this fiasco, if another Republiban wins that race, there will be no hope of meaningful citizenship for pregnant women in the State of Texas.
Unfortunately, it's not just Texas. IIRC, there are a dozen states that have the same laws on the books.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321160 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm doing good, Bitner :-). It's been in the single digits with this crazy weather and I'm really looking forward to Spring. I'm already thinking about what I want to plant in the garden. Definitely tomatoes and herbs.
Oh, fresh veggies. Yes, I'm looking forward to those as well. Still, it really gets too hot and humid in the summer for me here these days. The post-menopausal old bat doesn't like the heat :)

We've been lucky, though. Today was the coldest so far, and really 21 with a windchill of 9 is nothing compared to much of the country. We haven't even had any snow.

I feel so bad for everyone where the snow and cold are overwhelming. They just can't catch a break.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321161 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The hospital in question has already informed the family that the husband will be held responsible for the costs of her 'care' during the last few months...I don't think that's going to aid in the grieving process, do you?
No, it won't. And since it won't, he should go ahead and sue the hospital for the amount of the bill.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#321162 Jan 24, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The hospital in question has already informed the family that the husband will be held responsible for the costs of her 'care' during the last few months...I don't think that's going to aid in the grieving process, do you?
Personally, I think the hospital and the state should eat the cost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pink Panther actor Burt Kwouk dies aged 85 3 hr Old Sam 1
News 21 Times Dylan O'Brien & Tyler Posey Embodied B... 4 hr Marginalized Caring 1
News Al Sharpton Calls Out Bernie Campaign Manager: ... 7 hr slick willie expl... 3
News Ukraine defeated Russia a " at Eurovision. Here... 7 hr UKRAINE WINS the ... 1
News Texas education board candidate known for consp... 10 hr Three Days Paleo 1
News Sex, Drugs, and Wizards 11 hr AIPAC owns Trump 11
News US manufacturer of Oreo begins building new Bah... (Jan '15) 12 hr Three Days Paleo 7
More from around the web