Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
289,221 - 289,240 of 305,176 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And I see you as a Bigoted Catholic hater, but you probably aren't.
You only look like one.
Priests and nuns are called by God to live
in his heaven. A euphoria of peace that only
they know. They are close to his angels.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Troth J Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>, do you support a female's right to choose, such as a lesbian who wants reparative therapy. California and NJ so that it is not a women's right to choose what she wants to do with her body when it comes to gay reparative therapy. HMMMMM....can we say hypocrisy or liars.
Here's the deal:

The ban on 'reparative therapy' is only for those under the age of 18. In other words, parents can't force their kids to go into reparative therapy...it MUST BE the choice of the person who is getting the therapy, and they must be 18 before they can do so.

Were you trying to get your lesbian daughter to go into that therapy, or are you a gay fellow under 18 who can't stand himself?

Just checking...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing I COULD NOT keep reading ..disgusting .
Yes, I thought those who were bashing the Wiccans should look at their own dirty backyard.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Priests and nuns are called by God to live
in his heaven. A euphoria of peace that only
they know. They are close to his angels.
They get especially euphoric when they're buried in the rumps of little altar boys....that's a bit TOO close to His Angels, don't you think?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

She should play his game--demand that he be given full custody and she will waive her parental rights. That would be the last thing he wants.

I see new legislation in MA stemming from this.
Bitner wrote:
This is absolutely outrageous.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/rap...
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like....bigotry.
you'd know firsthand. bigot.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Gestating wasn't the issue. f course, I also celebrate your complete and utter impotence on the issue.

I take "mutt" as a compliment; my ancestors were french, german, irish, and polish, with a little native american in there somewhere.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
nice try mutt. if you were truly celebrating the exercising of rights you would have also mentioned that during that period 'x' number of women also chose to continue gestating.
you were clearly celebrating only the death of the fetus.
viva killing! eh pedro ?
mutt.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You consider the fetus more important than the child.
no i don't. you're lying through your dentures.

A cursory perusal of the thread shows that you do indeed refer to women who abort as having killed her baby...often in caps.
another blatant lie. i've never said any such thing, let alone in caps. if a cursory perusal enabled you to find it then a cursory perusal will enable you to post it. let's see it you bitter old lying witch.

You've just admitted that your campaign to 'save lives' is a farce, since the folks reading this exchange are very unlikely to change their minds as a result of your cacophony and heel-bouncing.
and still another lie. i've never claimed i was on a campaign to save lives.

And please indicate any post where you've endorsed birth control and education, rather than castigating some pro-choice person as a murderer, slut, idiot, etc.
sorry grandma, it doesn't work that way. that is my position on birth control and birth control education. i've never stated my position on either before because i was never asked or challenged on it. if you don't believe me then "you" find one shred of evidence where i've said anything to the contrary.
I'll wait....
of course you will. what else have you got to do you lonely, lifeless old hag?
Oh, and my name before was Ova-meets-sperm. Any names prior to that one, I don't recall...
nope. no one by any such name has ever posted here. and that wasn't the name you gave the last time. you have to do a better job of monitoring your lies.

just who were you previously you lying phony ?
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your logic sucks. Outloud even.
really? refute it then. up till now you've just been blowing smoke.

Besides, I told you to do the research on the logical fallacies. All you've done is dug your heels in and refuse.
bullshit. that's just your assumption. i can assure you i've done the research.
for example....

http://teenadvice.about.com/od/amipregnant/a/...

now let's see some of "your" research loudmouth. find a link that proves pregnancy is "not" a direct result of willful engagement in intercourse.
Well I refuse to explain again why pregnancy is not the direct result of a willful act.
of course you refuse you simpleton. because you "can't".
It's very simple, Simon.
Hurry and get you some of that pie before it's gone.
it sure is simple. yet you still ridiculously claim that pregnancy is not a direct result of willful engagement in intercourse.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
really? refute it then. up till now you've just been blowing smoke.
<quoted text>
bullshit. that's just your assumption. i can assure you i've done the research.
for example....
http://teenadvice.about.com/od/amipregnant/a/...
now let's see some of "your" research loudmouth. find a link that proves pregnancy is "not" a direct result of willful engagement in intercourse.
<quoted text>
of course you refuse you simpleton. because you "can't".
<quoted text>
it sure is simple. yet you still ridiculously claim that pregnancy is not a direct result of willful engagement in intercourse.
so..while you believe no sex is the only sure way nit to get pregnant .

You are in favor of sex ed and contraception??

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

worships the fetus wrote:
<quoted text>
no i don't. you're lying through your dentures.
<quoted text>
another blatant lie. i've never said any such thing, let alone in caps. if a cursory perusal enabled you to find it then a cursory perusal will enable you to post it. let's see it you bitter old lying witch.
<quoted text>
and still another lie. i've never claimed i was on a campaign to save lives.
<quoted text>
sorry grandma, it doesn't work that way. that is my position on birth control and birth control education. i've never stated my position on either before because i was never asked or challenged on it. if you don't believe me then "you" find one shred of evidence where i've said anything to the contrary.
<quoted text>
of course you will. what else have you got to do you lonely, lifeless old hag?
<quoted text>
nope. no one by any such name has ever posted here. and that wasn't the name you gave the last time. you have to do a better job of monitoring your lies.
just who were you previously you lying phony ?
Gee...you sound....angry.

If I've confused you with some other SCPL nutjob, I stand corrected.

Still just me though...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post claims I am fooling myself.
I say you're the one fooling yourself into believing all pregnancies culminate in a healthy delivery of a full term newborn. "Where life is beautiful all the time..."
I don't disagree technology opens a window onto the developing embryo/fetus. It's amazing.
But it doesn't negate the medical fact not every pregnancy is a wanted or healthy one. And we should offer safe, legal options to abort unhealthy/unwanted pregnancies since we have the capacity to do so. Denial of this option is selfish, sexist, and shows no compassion for a life already being experienced.
Aborting healthy unborn baby girls is sexist.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not see induced abortion equivalent to destroying life? That is the meaning behind my words that God aborted all of Samaria. All those posts consisting of "murdering innocents" isn't meant to imply woman has God-like capabilities when allowed to terminate unhealthy/unwanted pregnancy?
The biblical passage is predicting the demise of the northern tribes of Israel at the hands of the Assyrians. If you insist on calling the massacre an abortion, you have to blame the Assyrians not God.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I've read the Bible cover to cover, at least 6 times. It lacked any other mention of "killing unborn babies" than within the context of God's command.
You say abortion is killing unborn babies. Given my understanding of YOUR use of the words 'killing unborn babies', the use of this concept within the verse provided indicates to me, that this is the only context in which abortion is discussed in the Bible. I'm going to stand by my assertion.
Since you're so knowledgeable about its contents, please point out ANY chapter, or verse, or line of scripture, which mentions the word 'abortion' specifically - in any context whatsoever.
I'll wait.
While I'm waiting, and you're growing ever more aware of the futility of your digging, perhaps you'll consider the absence of that word as an indication of the importance with which your 'God' imbued it. In his inerrant judgment. With his omnipotence, and his all-seeing self.
This was a prediction from Hosea about the demise of the northern Israelite tribes who were offering their children in human sacrifice to Baal. Try reading it a seventh time.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Only the first part; christians made up the second.
<quoted text>
Then it shouldn't be used as your justification for anything especially abortion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a prediction from Hosea about the demise of the northern Israelite tribes who were offering their children in human sacrifice to Baal. Try reading it a seventh time.
God commanded abortions. Try reading it with your eyes open.

If you're a Braille user, my apologies.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Boggles the mind, does it not? If raped victims know they'll be tied for years to their "monster" ... makes a strong case for terminating a pregnancy. Do they not see this? It must be hard enough to carry to term knowing that the child was conceived in an act of violence, but to have to "share" custody? Geez.
Junket always overlooks the baby's right to life.

Insensitive cow.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Gestating wasn't the issue.
of course it was. it wasn't about anything "but" gestation.

308537 -
"if the fetus is 'gestating' at the woman's will then it is a wanted pregnancy"

308539 -
"no woman has to 'gestate' that fetus against her will"

308586 -
"why is it a problem that there is no right to 'gestate'?

not about gestation? mutt.
f course, I also celebrate your complete and utter impotence on the issue.
I take "mutt" as a compliment; my ancestors were french, german, irish, and polish, with a little native american in there somewhere.
<quoted text>
that's just fabulous.

mutt.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Embryo/fetus = potential life, a developing life not yet lived, a life possibly unable to live outside the womb. If gender is known, maybe a name can be decided.
is it potential life or is it developing life ? it can't be both. if it is potential life that means it is not yet life. if it is developing life then it is just that...a life that is developing.

do you keep a log of all the outrageously stupid things you say ?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd know firsthand. bigot.
Matthew 23

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••