Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,092
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
worships reality

AOL

#295262 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She most certainly did. Several times. Every time she says her opinion is irrelevant, she's answering.
nope. every time she says her opinion is irrelevant she giving a reason why she won't answer.

she's already said flat out herself that she hasn't answered that question and never will. you're calling her a liar now?

lullaby and goodnight......
worships reality

AOL

#295263 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to sit there and cry the fetus has civil rights, but not the woman and not the state then? Because that's exactly what you've been saying.
<rolls eyes>
no it isn't. show me one post where i claimed the fetus has civil rights?
exactly what i've been saying? liar.
<gives finger>
worships reality

AOL

#295264 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I forget those who think the fetuses are granted rights by restrictions overlook those little facts. That they don't realize MAY is not synonymous with WILL.
i realize it fine. i said it before you did. check post 295250.

you're not getting enough sleep.

nap time.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#295265 May 9, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said she did want one..Beck in the 80s ..ghost would a young person with no real education ghat I saw know how long a law case would take..and her reasons right then. Could not have been fame. THEY used s different name..She was the one pregnant. SHE obviously did noy Want The baby. We are a lot mord savvy on thi ngs like this now..She was not.
SHE diduse the Roe name later for sure. Personally I am glad her baby was born and glad it hes had anonymity ..bug having that child was hog her intent ss far as I can see frlmehat they wrote
SORRY still think she was used..and feel sorry for her.
She would have given birth, anyway, or had an illegal abortion. She had a free choice of going to court to fight for her right to legal abortion. She could have said no. She wasn't a young girl and she wasn't intellectually or mentally challenged. She changed her personal view on abortion years later. So what? That doesn't make her a victim.

Atrisco Village

#295266 May 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, but how much credit do you give yourself for your transformation?
That type of "Christian" doesn't take responsibility for anything, good or bad. It's all in his god's hands and out of his own. How convenient.

Atrisco Village

#295267 May 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
it's still his car ? how stupid is that ? he's not allowed to drive because he is a potential health/life threat to others. his driving while under the influence is a very real threat to the rights of others. is your brain even semi functional?
read this slowly so you can finally understand :
everything... has... restrictions...for...a...reaso n....and...the... reason...is...the...potential. ..adverse...impact....on...the ...rights of others.
just whose rights are being protected when we restrict abortions post viability?
post viability it is still the woman's pregnancy, it is still her body, it is still her private medical decision and the fetus she carries is still a parasite with no rights at all.
so I ask you again --- why should a woman be restricted to "any" window in order to exercise her right to a make a private medical decision?
You know, as everyone has told you many times, that it is state's rights that are protected. There's no need to have it explained to you, yet again. Just read back on this thread, or, better yet, read one of thousands of documents and texts on the subject. Now, what the hell is your problem, weirdo?

Atrisco Village

#295268 May 9, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
I think abortion is the only word rednecks know how too spell.
LMAO!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#295269 May 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no, but it's a valid question to ask if you agree with them. and that question you keep ducking.
<quoted text>
no crime at all. in fact i'd love to hear your opinion.
<quoted text>
don't ever confuse whining and bitching with matter of factly asking a direct question.
<quoted text>
way to go out on a controversial limb.
<quoted text>
no i wouldn't. in fact i've said i admire the honesty of those on here who are consistent in their opinions regarding a woman's right to choose......at "anytime". you on the other hand are a mealy mouthed hypocrite.
<quoted text>
"i'm fine with it" tells me nothing. it implies you are willing to live with it as it is. but it doesn't tell me if you agree with them or not. once and for all, do you agree with the restrictions as they are, or would you prefer that a woman retined her right to choose at any time and for any reason?
<quoted text>
their you go again with the non committal answer. "they don't bother me". what a coward.
also be careful what you assume. wr does not believe abortion should be "totally illegal"
I gave you my answer...abortion is an available option, for a period of time. If a woman doesn't get an abortion within that time then that in itself is a decision too. Yet again, that is the opinion you keep whining that I didn't give. That IS my opinion.

I'm "fine with it" IS agreement...dummy. They "don't bother me" is how I feel. I once told Sassy that I'm not "comfortable" with elective LTAs (AKA "post-viability). That is how I feel. I'm simply not going to rewrite my opinion in several variations to make you stop whining about what I say on the matter. Your attempted manipulations are just another symptom of being a fundie control-freak. Don't like my answers? Tough shit.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#295270 May 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
my bullshit has not been answered.
LMAO!!

You extremists need to get a clue and understand that not everyone is one the extreme fringes of an issue.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#295271 May 9, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian hating hypocrite.
Who is the hypocrite? You keep bitching that we all supposedly "hate" Christians, yet you as a Christian don't mind spewing your own hate.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#295272 May 9, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That type of "Christian" doesn't take responsibility for anything, good or bad. It's all in his god's hands and out of his own. How convenient.
I find that sad. This guy turns his whole life around but doesn't think he had any part in that transformation.

And then on the flip side we have revolting people like Razz/Knut who behave in the worst way and feel they have God's backing to justify their ugliness.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295273 May 9, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron. If you think jesus is g-d, then NO YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SAME G-D AS A JEWISH PERSON.
This isn't rocket science you dumbazz.
DAMN you're stupid.
Wow, you are sooooo ignorant, it is laughable.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295274 May 9, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That type of "Christian" doesn't take responsibility for anything, good or bad. It's all in his god's hands and out of his own. How convenient.
You have no idea what a Christian is.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295275 May 9, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Smart is also a devout Christian and credits her Faith in Jesus as helping her cope with the pagan evil she endured.
Good for her - don't you wish you could walk the walk, as she does??

You could take lessons in humility and grace from this young woman.
I suggest you begin immediately.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#295276 May 9, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what a Christian is.
No, honey. That would be you.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#295277 May 9, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what a Christian is.
Wrong, YOU have no idea. The only things YOU know are hate and bigotry. And, of course, lies.

Go crawl back under your rock, slimeball.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#295279 May 9, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh topic just timed me out.
Short answer I agree about the sexuslization..Hollywood and these so called celebs should be way more responsible as role models..Problem is they ARE told models.
AS fir sec ed..even the programs they have must be giving them information on what NOT to do.
But these kiddies get stuff from biology class..the net. From Tv..and judging by what I see know more about sec than I did at 30!!
BUT I am all for graphic videos of births...StDs. and abortions..(which they will never show).
SAWsomething on the web for proposed sec ed telling about G SPOTS. SORRY but really. So we want 12 year OlDs learning to get more pleasure from sec...We should want to educate them out of hook up mentalities. I mean if you have multiple partners on middle d hook...what is there left yo make you feel special.Later in life..IMHO
Wait a minute...you're all for showing video of abortions to kids, but not for educating them about their bodies, and why people enjoy sex??

Sounds a bit one sided.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295280 May 9, 2013
A fetus is your god's image? What does his umbilical cord attach to?
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Someone who has a strong belief in God doesn't support abortion. She in fact is for destroying the Image of God. Now tell me she has a strong belief in God. another thing, she thinks Christians and the Muslims have different Gods. She won't admit the God of Abraham is the same God of Christians and Muslims.

Atrisco Village

#295281 May 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that sad. This guy turns his whole life around but doesn't think he had any part in that transformation.
And then on the flip side we have revolting people like Razz/Knut who behave in the worst way and feel they have God's backing to justify their ugliness.
I don't believe he has been transformed as roundly as he says he has. He reminds me of a dry drunk. I think he's an okay person, though, generally. Knit is a nasty, mean person with a sick soul and a dull mind. No offense, Sassy:-)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295282 May 9, 2013
But the noise would be unbearable.
R C Honey wrote:
K,,, what kind of a world do we live in where this is acceptable?
Fireworks, public obscenity, civil disobedience, people walking around with pent up hatred inside... taking pleasure in manipulating others,,, celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, with little regard for the chaos around them....
The list goes on
my solution? Bubble wrap,,, lots and lots of bubble wrap.
The world would be a much better place with more bubble wrap!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 1 hr nOgOd 1,258
Pat Robertson tells women how to get 'clean' af... 1 hr Peas and Carrots 2
Creep of the Week: Pat Robertson 1 hr Peas and Carrots 18
CNN Exec Allegedly Asks Pro-Israel Teen Activis... 2 hr open hillel 1
"A Charlie Brown Christmas" to Turn 50 6 hr dhhg 1
'The Young and the Restless': Michael Muhney's ... (Mar '14) 6 hr vidya roopnarine 7
High School Musical Fans Are Growing Up (Jan '14) 15 hr Truth Hurts 39
More from around the web