Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312661 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#264027 Oct 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you lying to yourself? I provided the link of the medical definition of viability which discussed only physiological capabilities. You just got distracted by the talk of ALS and ignored what it proved. You do that too often to suit my taste of a decent converssationalist.
Here's your link.....

https://scholarworks.iupui.edu/bitstream/hand...

And you say it discusses ONLY physiological capabilities ?
Mentions nothing about medical assistance ???.....

"A prematurely delivered fetus IS VIABLE WHEN a minimal number of independently sustained, basic, integrative physiologic functions are present. The sum of these functions must support the inference that the fetus is able to increase in tissue mass (growth) and increase the number, complexity and coordination of basic physiologic functions (development) as a self-sustaining organism. This development MUST be independent of any connection with the mother and supported only by generally accepted MEDICAL TREATMENTS."

And I'M lying to MYSELF ????
Katie

Graham, WA

#264028 Oct 15, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Your full of shit. And you're lying through your teeth. The link you provided CLEARLY stated....FOUR TIMES !!!....that medical assistance was a pre requisite to making a determination of viability.
I told you before I see where you are coming from, but you are incorrect. That's all.

Medical viability preceeds legal viability. Legal viability cannot override medical viability because then the courts are determining medical issues rather than physicians. I have said this a bazillion times. If you refuse to concede to reality, there's nothing more I can do for you. I don't give a flying fk what you think it means. You are incorrect. There is no ALS pre-req for determining viability. Period. You call up any pediatrician and ask them since you doubt and dispute everything I say. Why continue this sham of a discussion when you are determined to argue every point and fact brought to your attention? What's in it for you except feeding your sadistic appetite. I don't like you. I don't believe you. I certainly don't trust you. You are not my friend and this conversation hit a brick wall the minute you refused to cooperate by conceding your mistake.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#264029 Oct 15, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
What else do you see in your crystal ball?
lol

“Game on !”

nyc

#264030 Oct 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if it's deliberate or if you're unable to comprehend the simplicity of my words. The medical definition of viability is only concerned with physiological capabilities of survival independent of the womb. Independent of the womb meaning on its own. Independently. Without artifical life support.
Your own link cites medical treatment. What is wrong with you ????
Provide one medical definition that defines it EXCLUSIVELY without medical treatment. ONE !!! We're all still waiting !
This does not mean NO ALS will not be appropriate or beneficial as you keep adding. I will not admit to what I am not saying. You will not put words in my mouth. You could stop being an AH, but I doubt you're capable.
An infant cannot be born non viable and then reach viability through medical assistance. It is impossible. By definition a non viable infant cannot survive no matter what medical assistance is provided ( YOUR WORDS )
Yeah some friends is right. This was Moncie's fight. Bitner's fight. I don't give a flying fk what you think viability means. You are not correct.
Both wrong. Both knew it. And both no where to be found now.
Some friends.
Just admit you want to use RvW as a tool for swapping women's rights to the fetus, temporarily of course, until birth. And then answer why you're working both ends at either overturning RvW or changing it from women's fundamental rights to fetal rights.
I don't wanna use RvW for anything other than proving you wrong about viability. Which you are. 100%.
Beyond that I'd like to see RvW overturned.

Location hidden

#264031 Oct 15, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
Another thing, there is a deadly fungus in the corn this year which means there is going to be a shortage in c orn which means groceries are going up. The future ain't too bright if Obama gets reelected.
So, what's Romney going to do as President? Make corn? Find a cure for fungal disease?

Location hidden

#264032 Oct 15, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> Corn is in everything you consume, and along with the reduction of hours and everything else I posted, you will be hurting and with a whole lot less money.Also with Obama care, nursing homes will close. Obama is just bad news.
You're a nut. I like your name, btw:-)

Location hidden

#264033 Oct 15, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda sounds like Kentucky.We are dry,churches here will fight tooth and nail against it. It's been up for vote, 5 or 6 times and no dice. You can't buy a beer unless you drive at least 25 miles. Stupid to me. Bootleggers have been here for a hundred years..they do well I'm told.
Property taxes here are high,also. Living in Louisiana before moving here,was hard to get use to,we have property taxes not just on homes,your car,and your suppose to pay taxes on everything you own.
sounds more like double taxing to me,but they call it personal property taxes..ugh!
Every time I think about relocating, I get reminded of why I shouldn't. Where do you live?

“Game on !”

nyc

#264034 Oct 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you before I see where you are coming from, but you are incorrect. That's all.
I am simply 100% correct. That's all.
Medical viability preceeds legal viability.
Cite legal precedence where it ever has.
Legal viability cannot override medical viability because then the courts are determining medical issues rather than physicians.
Stop ! No they're not. Physicians are still determining medical issues. But they are doing so within the legal parameters set by RvW regarding viability. Don't be stupid.

I have said this a bazillion times.
Who cares how many times you've said it. Doesn't make it right. Or even CLOSE to being right.

[QUOTEIf you refuse to concede to reality, there's nothing more I can do for you.[/QUOTE]

Why would I concede something that is factually incorrect ???

I don't give a flying fk what you think it means. You are incorrect. There is no ALS pre-req for determining viability.
No ? So a doctor can disregard medical assistance and declare a premmie non viable when it could clearly survive and thrive with medical assistance ??? Are you high ?

Period. You call up any pediatrician and ask them since you doubt and dispute everything I say. Why continue this sham of a discussion when you are determined to argue every point and fact brought to your attention? What's in it for you except feeding your sadistic appetite. I don't like you. I don't believe you. I certainly don't trust you. You are not my friend and this conversation hit a brick wall the minute you refused to cooperate by conceding your mistake.
Mistake ??? Mine ??? You're delusional. Completely.

What FACT have you brought to my attention ? Every time you try to bring a FACT to my attention you end up proving my point.
Katie

Graham, WA

#264035 Oct 15, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your link.....
And you say it discusses ONLY physiological capabilities ?
Mentions nothing about medical assistance ???.....
No, I did not EVER say that. Quit trying to shove your dishonest words down my throat Guido.
"A prematurely delivered fetus IS VIABLE WHEN a minimal number of independently sustained, basic, integrative physiologic functions are present. The sum of these functions must support the inference that the fetus is able to increase in tissue mass (growth) and increase the number, complexity and coordination of basic physiologic functions (development) as a self-sustaining organism. This development MUST be independent of any connection with the mother and supported only by generally accepted MEDICAL TREATMENTS."
And I'M lying to MYSELF ????
Yes, since you overlook this on page 56. Before they can determine if newborn will be viable "WITH MEDICAL TREATMENTS," they first determine what's written below. Which also happens to be the first part of the paragraph you copied. Thank you for proving my point for me -- took ya long enough.

"The following functions, taken together, constitute the minimal number of basic integrative physiologic functions to support an inference of viability:
(1) Perfusion of tissues with adequate oxygen and prevention of increasing accumulation of carbon dioxide and/or lactic and other organic acids. This function consists of the following components:
(a) inflation of the lungs with oxygen,
(b) transfer of oxygen across the alveolar membranes into the circulation and elimination of carbon dioxide from the circulation into the expired gas, and
(c) Cardiac contractions of sufficient strength and regularity to
distribute oxygenated blood to tissues and organs throughout the body, and to eliminate organic acids from those tissues and organs.
(2) Neurologic regulation of the components of the cardio-respiratory perfusion function, of the capacity to ingest nutrients, and of spontaneous and reflex muscle movements."

^^^^^ No mention of ALS ^^^^^

“Clever words”

Since: Sep 09

constellate

#264036 Oct 15, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The Republicans probably won't block every move the Obama administration makes in its second term since it won't be concentrating on trying to keep him from being reelected.
From your lips to ...'s ears. I'm with others - I just want it over. In CT - there's a nasty little race taking place for a Senate seat. I would be hard pressed to decide which one should lose.

Linda's new platform is that she's pro-choice. Huh. Meanwhile Chris is lazy. She's a shark. He's a lizard. Difficult choice. Don't know how I'll vote. Both are despicable.
Katie

Graham, WA

#264037 Oct 15, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I am simply 100% correct. That's all.
<quoted text>
Cite legal precedence where it ever has.
<quoted text>
Stop ! No they're not. Physicians are still determining medical issues. But they are doing so within the legal parameters set by RvW regarding viability. Don't be stupid.
<quoted text>
Who cares how many times you've said it. Doesn't make it right. Or even CLOSE to being right.
<quoted text>
Why would I concede something that is factually incorrect ???
<quoted text>
No ? So a doctor can disregard medical assistance and declare a premmie non viable when it could clearly survive and thrive with medical assistance ??? Are you high ?
<quoted text>
Mistake ??? Mine ??? You're delusional. Completely.
What FACT have you brought to my attention ? Every time you try to bring a FACT to my attention you end up proving my point.
"No ? So a doctor can disregard medical assistance and declare a premmie non viable when it could clearly survive and thrive with medical assistance ??? Are you high ?"

No, I'm not saying "...a doctor can disregard medical assistance and declare a premmie non viable when it could clearly survive and thrive with medical assistance?" I have no idea why you jump to this erroneous conclusion every time.

What I have said a bazillion times is that viability will first be determined on physiological capablities of survival THEN determining if ALS is appropriate and beneficial. What don't you get?

“Clever words”

Since: Sep 09

constellate

#264038 Oct 15, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Have enough to pay for the building,I would think. My cousin has a restaurant here in Kentucky,while others have folded his has not,his building is paid for. The food is good,too,LOL.
I believe we should help OUR people,we can cut more than food stamps,s.s. and healthcare. I know that sounds corny to many. There is so much waste in the system.
Not a fan of 2nd mortgages, speaking personally. Owning your "own" is a great goal at least so far. The more you have, the more can be taken away.

No doubt the food is delicious - please warn him about the price of corn and corn products, please.

OUR people? Lost me, OL.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#264039 Oct 15, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Every time I think about relocating, I get reminded of why I shouldn't. Where do you live?
Jamestown,Kentucky,close to Lake Cumberland.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#264040 Oct 15, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fan of 2nd mortgages, speaking personally. Owning your "own" is a great goal at least so far. The more you have, the more can be taken away.
No doubt the food is delicious - please warn him about the price of corn and corn products, please.
OUR people? Lost me, OL.
I think that OL is talking about foreign aid (spending), Age?

Yea, second mortgages can be dangerous.

Corn; I think around here, farmers are lucky to get 20-30% of there normal harvest (drought).
Katie

Graham, WA

#264041 Oct 15, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Your own link cites medical treatment. What is wrong with you ????
Provide one medical definition that defines it EXCLUSIVELY without medical treatment. ONE !!! We're all still waiting !
<quoted text>
An infant cannot be born non viable and then reach viability through medical assistance. It is impossible. By definition a non viable infant cannot survive no matter what medical assistance is provided ( YOUR WORDS )
<quoted text>
Both wrong. Both knew it. And both no where to be found now.
Some friends.
<quoted text>
I don't wanna use RvW for anything other than proving you wrong about viability. Which you are. 100%.
Beyond that I'd like to see RvW overturned.
"An infant cannot be born non viable and then reach viability through medical assistance. It is impossible. By definition a non viable infant cannot survive no matter what medical assistance is provided ( YOUR WORDS )"

Nobody has ever said "...infant [can] be born non viable and then reach viability through medical assistance."

It is your own erroneous interpretation making you claim and/or believe these are my words, "By definition a non viable infant cannot survive no matter what medical assistance is provided ( YOUR WORDS )." I have not ever stated or implied this.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#264042 Oct 15, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just a google thing. The study was done by the Urban Institute's Justice Policy Center. I don't think they can control what ads Google places on articles written about their study.
And what of the previous link.....with the corresponding reductions in crime with various tactics ? No ads there.
Bottom line still is your assertion that something can not be a deterrent to crime if crime still exists.....is absurd....and totally inaccurate.
Well, if there's still crime then yeah, it's not a deterrent. There might be less crime so some people might be deterred, but there's still plenty of crime out there, even with all the guns and cameras. And we really won't know if some people were planning on committing a crime and then decided against it.

So no, it wasn't "absurd".

“OUCH”

Russell Springs, KY

#264043 Oct 15, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
OUR people? Lost me, OL.
Our people as in here,America.
He sells breakfast mostly and sandwiches,for lunch. He's 74 years old and can work around any 21 year old with no problem. I help him in the kitchen during peak time of tourist season,I laugh all the time I'm working with him,he's a card. I doubt he'll worry about the corn,but I'll pass it on..

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#264044 Oct 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you lying to yourself? I provided the link of the medical definition of viability which discussed only physiological capabilities. You just got distracted by the talk of ALS and ignored what it proved. You do that too often to suit my taste of a decent converssationalist.
He loves that word "absurd".

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#264045 Oct 15, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
We all need to pray to God to help our Nation.
Maybe God is smiting our nation because of faux-Christians like you. Maybe you're the one he's out to get. bwahahahahaha!!

“OUCH”

Russell Springs, KY

#264046 Oct 15, 2012
I'm sorry Age,I looked at LC post and thought,you might think I'm nuts..ah,maybe I am.
We send money to people overseas so they'll be our friend,we need to pull our troops out yesterday,there is so much we can do,before we stop caring for our own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kandi Burruss Shares Feelings On Baby Daddy Dra... 3 hr Lola 1
News a Walking Deada star Jeffrey Dean Morgan reveal... 7 hr dragoon70056 8
News Trump said hedge funders were a getting away wi... 7 hr Philosophic 20
News The real reasons the U.S. became less racist to... 9 hr PolakPotrafi 107
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 20 hr Tijua 32,063
News Priebus, Bannon named to senior White House roles 21 hr Backstabbing Weasel 2
News Author/Actor Raymond E. Lumsden Gets Thumbs Up ... (Mar '09) Thu Done 1,841
More from around the web