Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313638 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Atheist and Skeptic”

Since: Mar 11

Kuiper Belt

#263958 Oct 14, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I said MOST that I had BEEN to. That does not imply that they generally are NOT done at Catholic funerals. Just the ones that I have BEEN to. Hence the term "MOST" was used since I had been to a "couple".
I'm not trying to avoid anything. I am simply relating my personal experience. Unlike YOU, I don't use my personal experiences to ASSUME that they pertain to everyone else.
Your "reasoning" skills are abhorrent.
Lily's reading comprehension skills stink.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#263959 Oct 14, 2012
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.

Now watch her rant for a week straight, complete with links to posts and posts to no one at all, about everyone *else's* reading comprehension skills.

...sigh.
Katie

Graham, WA

#263960 Oct 14, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>My son passed on giving the eulogy for his grandpa for this very reason. Around here, I don't reckon we would know the difference from a Baptist, Catholic, or any other funeral service. We go, visit, view the body, and they're put in the ground the next day.
Am sorry to read of your FIL's passing, Ayaka.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#263961 Oct 14, 2012
Not had a funeral dammit.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#263962 Oct 14, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
THere ya go. Lynne making the exact same nonsense argument she's made here for years.
Except in the REAL world, contraception CAN and DOES fail for many reasons, and its NOT always the fault of the user. Implants for example, can fail without a user knowing it.
Nobody uses multiple methods of contraception every time, and that dosen't make failure of RESPONSIBLE use the "fault" of the user either.
As has been pointed out many times, do we want irresponsible people to become parents? What is the argument for punishing a woman who doesn't want a child with having a child she isn't ready or willing to parent? The answer that is commonly given is that she can give up her baby for adoption, but we all know that that is less likely to happen than her just keeping the baby with whatever consequences may occur.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#263963 Oct 14, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no!
I am sorry, here I say I choose my words carefully, but I did not in this case!! I meant to say that I made arrangements to have my LIVE nephew flown in from an offshore station in order to attend my mom's funeral.
It is beautiful, I quite agree. Thanks again!
You did say grandmother lol, I had the brain fart.

Location hidden

#263964 Oct 14, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yep after claiming she's not Catholic. So we have non Catholic and a non Catholic arguing about who knows more about Catholic funerals lol.
I think that the RCC is liberal about what happens at their funerals. One of my friend had a mariachi band play at her dad's funeral... an old school, traditional Catholic Church.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263965 Oct 14, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You did say grandmother lol, I had the brain fart.
LOL! That's okay, I saw where it could have been misconstrued!

xox!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#263966 Oct 14, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Now watch her rant for a week straight, complete with links to posts and posts to no one at all, about everyone *else's* reading comprehension skills.
...sigh.
I don't know why...but this struck me as really funny.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#263967 Oct 14, 2012
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! This was funny too.

Location hidden

#263968 Oct 14, 2012
lifes a beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you joking?! What the heck are you talking about? Prior to 24 weeks, it wouldn't even be known if the fetus was negatively effected so there goes your "mercy killing" argument. It takes years to even examine the full extent of the damage caused by drug abuse of a "mother". Btw, I clicked on the link and I don't engage in links that are obviously politically slanted and feel the need to use the terms "liberals" and "conservatives" when talking about biochemistry and medical health.
Point is, who wants a severely disabled child that isn't their own? Answer: Not many people. You are seriously downplaying the effects of this type of drug abuse and the resulting disabilities. Try having an IQ of 82 and functioning on the level of a 14 year old when one is 21. It's always so black and white for the people who have never seen such heartbreaking things up close and personal.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
In my experience, the intellectual deficit is less of a problem than issues related to physical illnesses, behavior, emotional disturbances and mental health. Low IQ isn't usually a cause of unhappiness, from what I've seen.
Katie

Graham, WA

#263970 Oct 14, 2012
test

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#263971 Oct 14, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, and I was looking forward to some verbal abuse tonight.....
Be prepared for a lot more than that in the near future! bwhahahaha

Location hidden

#263972 Oct 14, 2012
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I teach my children about "GOD'S GRACE" when I don't think there is a god? What gave you the idea that you can dictate what other people teach their children?
Take it as suggestion only then..

Location hidden

#263974 Oct 14, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THERE'S that saucy minx O' mine!
Bored...?
How could you possibly be bored?!?
I'M on here!!!
;P
you sure make it less so. lol

Location hidden

#263975 Oct 14, 2012
Dagnamit.... my tooth hurts! Back molar.....shoot

Doesn't anyone care!!???

Location hidden

#263976 Oct 14, 2012
Katie wrote:
test
A+

Location hidden

#263980 Oct 15, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
Dagnamit.... my tooth hurts! Back molar.....shoot
Doesn't anyone care!!???
Glad that you clarified... was thinking singular at first.

(Hope it's feeling better.)

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#263982 Oct 15, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
The quote was from the link.
Yeah I know.......so ?
You took the time to cut and paste it and agree with it.

I think we suffered enough under you know who for 8 years.
Still got a touch of that Bush Obsession Syndrome (BOS) it appears.

In order to fully determine whether a President can deliver or fail, two terms seems reasonable.
It's not reasonable at all. 4 years is plenty long to determine whether or not you're going in the right direction. Even the stooge himself said so.

The economy *is* improving
No it *isn't*.

and if Doofus was still in office... I shudder to think.
He isn't. Get over it.
Vote Obama 2012!
I'd have expected nothing less.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#263983 Oct 15, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you misinterpret and employ a lot of wishful thinking, Doc. It is obvious to me you would like to repeal women's civil rights. That is the crux of the anti-choice movement after all. Only very few of you actually consider the negative consequences of doing such a thing and how it would effectively affect every single one of us, not just women. I do not wish to argue for the sake of arguing. I do not agree with you and will agree to disagree from here on out.
At least you've dropped the ridiculous viability argument.
Deal only in what you believe my ulterior motive is. That is your opinion.
Opinions are fine. It's facts that you have a real problem with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joy Behar leaving 'The View' (Mar '13) 1 hr Klb 17
News EXCLUSIVE: Amanda Knox, OJ Simpson and Our Fasc... 12 hr Texxy 1
News Courtney Love Will Star in a Lifetime Menendez ... 12 hr Texxy 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 18 hr SKANKHUNT42 1,122
News Profiling Islamophobes Wed BuildTheWall 7
News Execs at Diddy's Revolt TV unfairly treated whi... Wed Israelite Suprema... 3
News Meghan Markle 'peeved' at focus on skin tone an... Wed Oh No You Di-nt 2
More from around the web