Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311627 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262719 Oct 8, 2012
C
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't make sense unless the woman was trying to commit suicide.
I disagree. A woman still has a choice to attempt saving her childs life.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262720 Oct 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I just hate to see people die so unexpectedly and leave so many grieving people behind.
Lots of unexpected deaths produce that result. Suicide and this type of situation aren't different than accidents producing the same results.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262721 Oct 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think so?
Because according to Catholic doctrine a Catholic woman does have every right to save her own life if a pregnancy is killing her.

That's why I don't think the story is true.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262722 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Notice she saidn"this woman and her baby" died? Suddenly this fetus is a "baby".
Meanwhile DAILY she fights us that the fetus is not a baby nor her child but now"it" is. She's a drama queen.LOL
Yes, she did put it that way, and that's VERY interesting.

It's interesting how when it's a friend of theirs, like Katie's friend; or a family member, like Foo posted, that the person's fetus that died that they want condolences for is called a "baby" by the pro-choicer.

But women who have miscarriages, like Sue, didn't lose a baby.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262723 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh. LOL
Yes, Lynne is a grandma.
lol

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262724 Oct 8, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you only care about choice and staying out of other peoples business when it's convenient for you. What a nice double standard you have.
Typically unreasonable response from you.

I'm pro-life, not pro-choice. You statement doesn't make any sense.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262725 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no medical records to know the truth.
True, but we do have her 6 Catholic doctors. Their opinion should count for something, should it not?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think this mother took the raping of her daughters by her husband for more than three years lightly?
Hard to say. Those are tough situations. I've always wondered how anyone could tolerate another person harming their child in any way. Who knows how abusive and controlling he was to the mother.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262726 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I understand she was carrying twins. Think of the size of twins at the point of viability. I don't see her uterus bursting. Other nine yr olds and younger have gone full term and didnt die.
Would the babies have most likely survived medical intervention at that stage of life plus their size? Probably not :( Nobody knows. Miracles happen :)
Sure, miracles happen. Every day. But, for whatever reason, her 6 Catholic doctors did not think she could make it, and advised accordingly. I would not second guess them, as I was not there and I am no expert.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262727 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> FooL exploits women. This woman DIED and without even full knowledge of the particulars, she jumps on her unfortunate death along with her baby.
Who CARES if she disagrees with the girls choice. Not HER business remember?
She even posted a womans pictures as her avatar(exploiting her) to gain attention while lying about her story. We're awaiting THAT proof that fooL supposedly had saved @@
Who cares about anyone's opinion about anything, for that matter? Everybody has a right to speak her/his mind. I'm sure you believe in our right to free speech. Being politically correct isn't Foo's style nor yours nor mine nor 90% of the regulars on this site. This is Topix, Home of Incendiary Debate. Let's not be hypocrites.

Kthanks;-)

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262728 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The civil right to do so applies to individuals and those who hold durable power of attorney. Those holding durable power of attorney act as a proxy.
"Definition of PROXY
: the agency, function, or office of a deputy who acts as a substitute for another
a : authority or power to act for another
b : a document giving such authority; specifically : a power of attorney authorizing a specified person to vote corporate stock
: a person authorized to act for another : procurator"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro...
You and the bullshit you claim as "civil rights" are ridiculous.

The woman made her own conscious decision, for herself, to risk HER OWN life rather than have her unborn child killed. That child, according to the story, was non-viable and would have died either way.

Power of attorney and someone making a decision on behalf of someone ELSE, is not comparable to that. IF someone specifies in their medical directive that they do not ever want any unborn child of theirs to be killed even if it means she'll die, that again is HER decision.

The comparisons you're trying to make are about people who made decisions for others and with no medical directive. NOT the same thing.

So, your comparisons have NOTHING to do with that woman's story.

I have no words to describe just how irrational display yourself to be.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262729 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Yep and also she went from laughing hysterically to a wholendifferent demenor when she said "and you bitches yeah you LYNNE to" as if she was upset suddenly. LOL
reminds me of her Ariel story...a supposed kidnapped 14 yr old child who was kidnapped, raped, beaten and dumped in a park to die. A PL suggested amber alert and fooL was like "good idea". She posted her picture because she knew this girl and her mom very closely.
Ends up that Arial was a 20 year old woman who got off a bus and her whereabouts were unknown so mom alerted police. News report link(shown by foo) said it was a misunderstanding.
Wow, that's disgusting. Not surprising though, seeing how she used someone else yesterday.

I believe not one of the regular PC posters is playing with a full deck. The behavior, the lies, the irrational claims and arguments...nothing that indicates a "healthy" mind.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262730 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> I guess the fact that a woman can't get pregnant again with a dead fetus inside of her is no clue that the pregnancy doesn't end when the fetus is dead. The life ended, not the condition of being pregnant. That doesn't end until the fetus is removed. It's her Catholic upbringing I'm sure.
"I guess the fact that a woman can't get pregnant again with a dead fetus inside of her is no clue that the pregnancy doesn't end when the fetus is dead. The life ended, not the condition of being pregnant."

You are trying to base that on the fact that she can't get pregnant until...?

Gee, I guess a woman's pregnancy hasn't ended after she gives birth either, according to your logic, because she can't get pregnant right after giving birth. No fetus, no placenta, no pregnancy, yet can't get pregnant either. Based on your stupidity, she's still pregnant and would need a D&C to abort that pregnancy?
lol

Stop before you dig yourself in deeper. Holy cow.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5381947_soon-can-pr...

"Ovulation after Childbirth
Most women experience three to eight weeks of bleeding following childbirth. In the first days immediately following the birth of your baby, this bleeding is bright red in color. As time passes, this bleeding, also known as lochia, will become lighter in flow and color, signaling the mother's uterus is nearly fully healed. The chances that a mother will ovulate during the first six weeks after giving birth is relatively low, although not impossible."

A woman having JUST given birth can not get pregnant either. NOT because she's still pregnant, but because her hormones are all screwed up.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262731 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! Those are good points, Ayaka.
My bad. I just told her the abortion hadn't ended yet. Not until all contents were removed. I guess I wasn't looking at it at still being pregnant. However, the aborted pregnancy hasn't ended yet, and that's more of what I meant (since hair-splitting is a pre-req here).
Thanks, Ayaka, for getting me to think on it more. It is always appreciated (and a reason why I don't understand others' reluctance to learn more).
:)
LOL, her point was senseless. The ignorant leading the ignorant.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262732 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but we do have her 6 Catholic doctors. Their opinion should count for something, should it not?
<quoted text>
Hard to say. Those are tough situations. I've always wondered how anyone could tolerate another person harming their child in any way. Who knows how abusive and controlling he was to the mother.
I never saw anything about 6 doctors. Why would 6 doctors be needed?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262733 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares about anyone's opinion about anything, for that matter? Everybody has a right to speak her/his mind. I'm sure you believe in our right to free speech. Being politically correct isn't Foo's style nor yours nor mine nor 90% of the regulars on this site. This is Topix, Home of Incendiary Debate. Let's not be hypocrites.
Kthanks;-)
"Let's not be hypocrites."

That's what you've been and Foo too. Pro-choice hypocrites.

What gave Foo the right to take the story of an obviously pro-life "Catholic" woman, she indentified as her BIL's sister, and USE it to make an argument FOR abortion? NONE.

It's exploitive and disgusting, and it's being used in ways opposite to what this woman LIVED. That is IF the story is even true. If it isn't, that's a whole other degree of disgusting.

Location hidden

#262734 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need every person to agree with me. What is telling in adult discussions, is who and who isn't mature enough to admit that they're wrong.
You PCers haven't proven a D&C after miscarriage is medically considered/documented as an "abortion procedure". In fact it IS only considered a dilation and curettage procedure.
Being a nurse doesn't mean you know everything medically, and when you don't, the wise thing to do would be to stay out of discussions that are about subjects you don't know about. I happen to know about this one, which is why i'm NOT staying out of this discussion.
You are simply stuck in this war of words, which is all it is. I'm not concerned; I know what I'm talking about. I am secure that I am correct. If I was not, I would say that I'm incorrect. I hope you can live with I know how read a chart, interpret most physicians' "unique" (lol) language, and chart properly, myself. I have spent many hours doing it. More importantly, I know how to follow the protocol of any facility in which I may work. If you were my employer, I would chart the way you wished, as long as it wasn't harmful to patients or myself, and didn't violate ethical code. Flexibility is an invaluable character trait; I'm sure you agree. We will just have to agree to disagree on this a particular little item.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262735 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, miracles happen. Every day. But, for whatever reason, her 6 Catholic doctors did not think she could make it, and advised accordingly. I would not second guess them, as I was not there and I am no expert.
Do you have any direct quotes from the six doctors or only reports from biased media?

Location hidden

#262736 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, for whatever it's worth to you, I agree. Well said.
Thank you, Lily.
Kenose

East Meadow, NY

#262737 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically unreasonable response from you.
I'm pro-life, not pro-choice. You statement doesn't make any sense.
I should have known better than try to discuss something with a filthy abortroll.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262738 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
C<quoted text> I disagree. A woman still has a choice to attempt saving her childs life.
To a point. But it sounds like this woman, if real, chose to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Obama Calls for More Diversity in Ente... 7 min Drilling for the ... 23
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 19 min WasteWater 1,056
News Corey Feldman: I Was "Surrounded" by Pedophiles... (Aug '11) 2 hr tigers and BEARS 3
News Montreal mayor has 'no right to cast judgment' ... 3 hr No Trials for the... 1
News Montel Williams Blasts Donald Trump: a A Racist... 9 hr ABORT BLACK YOOF 20
News Rizzoli & Isles' introduction of Maura's husban... 15 hr Ex Fan 1
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 17 hr nOgOd 1,764
More from around the web