Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262690 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, she is not pro choice. She is only pointing out that PCers only respect the choice to abort and don't respect the choice to not abort regardless of the outcome. If the story is real, she didn't have to die.
Thank you. Proof that some here CAN read for comprehension and it's the pro-lifers.

"Why, she is not pro choice. She is only pointing out that PCers only respect the choice to abort and don't respect the choice to not abort regardless of the outcome. "
Katie

Seattle, WA

#262691 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
Right!
<winks and grins>
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262692 Oct 8, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Agree. Notice the stupid posts made from *Texas*, LOL, It was Foo . Foo's never been to Texas.
Notice she saidn"this woman and her baby" died? Suddenly this fetus is a "baby".

Meanwhile DAILY she fights us that the fetus is not a baby nor her child but now"it" is. She's a drama queen.LOL

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262693 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Many Drs will disagree that it is "necessary" to kill in order to save mom post viability.
I posted a link before that said, post viability; abortion is no less dangerous than delivery vaginally or c-section. That baby needs to be delivered anyway, dead or alive. Mothers who want their children will opt for their child to be delivered ALIVE.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262694 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to compare and contrast. And how to ask questions.
What about you? Can you do and say the same?
<quoted text>
The civil right to do so applies to individuals and those who hold durable power of attorney. So, all instances are comparable. Guess that answers one of the questions.
What part of she made her own choice to refuse an LTA makes you think that it's in any way comparable to someone else making a choice FOR her?
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262695 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, lol, I was talking about Lynne and that you said [she] was a grandmother.
Oh. LOL

Yes, Lynne is a grandma.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#262696 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Converastion has been active for MONTHS. You were in it from the beginning.
Interesting that when you found out that you were agreeing with me, you jumped out of it.
Whatever.
I have clearly moved on, don't remember, don't care, etc.

I have no problem with agreeing with you whatsoever, JM. You know that.

I truly don't even know what you are even referring to, as I've been scrolling by many, may posts and just picking here and there.

Please don't take it personally. It really is far from it, okay?
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#262697 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I? I'm not the one claiming to be pro-CHOICE. You people are. My statement had to do with you people being hypocrites in the claims you're pro-choice.
So, you only care about choice and staying out of other peoples business when it's convenient for you. What a nice double standard you have.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#262699 Oct 8, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, pro-life doctors in the case of the 9 year old child all agreed that her uterus was going to burst. I think 4, if not 5, were involved in the consultation. They were (of course) ex-communicated as was the Mother of the pregnant child.
Not sure about the other situation, but "who" thought that a possibility existed to save both? Certainly not a medical professional - unless you know differently?
While I read the article concerning this poor little girl,I didn't understand the church. I always thought the double effect would always come into play,especially that this was a child herself. Here's an article Age,I'm still confused.:(
http://www.pathsoflove.com/blog/2010/10/princ...

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262700 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Semantics Lil. Gender has nothing to do with ownership.
Gender has to do with it not being her body. You compared it to a kidney, which is a part of her body. A human life is not. it's just attached to her temporarily just because biologically, that's how babies are made.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262701 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
But the pregnancy isn't over until the uterus is empty of all contents of conception. Period. From the loss of the embryo/fetus until uterus is bright, shiny, and ready to go again, it is all part of the abortion process. I posted an excellent link yesterday, but learned today it didn't post. I posted a follow-up to it, but that didn't post either. It did have Jill Stanek in it, using the same logic Triple L and you are, though. I think somebody in Topixland either wants you to remain ignorant or really believes in you. I pick the former. Bet you'll go for the latter.
I guess the fact that a woman can't get pregnant again with a dead fetus inside of her is no clue that the pregnancy doesn't end when the fetus is dead. The life ended, not the condition of being pregnant. That doesn't end until the fetus is removed. It's her Catholic upbringing I'm sure.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262702 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really believe her story because a religious catholic woman would have no reason to die, according to Catholic doctrine.
I'm beginning to doubt her story as well, because of what Sassy had pointed out about Foo posting and laughing during the same time just before she made that post. Which this happening supposedly happened that very afternoon.

She used the post as an afterthought to make a different point from the topic she had been posting on which was D&Cs.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262703 Oct 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, I think Foo's post was one of grief induced anger. I don't think Foo was exploiting this but rather was venting her upset. The whole situation is indeed a tragic loss. A happy time gone seriously wrong. I feel sorry for all involved.
It doesn't make sense unless the woman was trying to commit suicide.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#262704 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of she made her own choice to refuse an LTA makes you think that it's in any way comparable to someone else making a choice FOR her?
The civil right to do so applies to individuals and those who hold durable power of attorney. Those holding durable power of attorney act as a proxy.

"Definition of PROXY

: the agency, function, or office of a deputy who acts as a substitute for another
a : authority or power to act for another
b : a document giving such authority; specifically : a power of attorney authorizing a specified person to vote corporate stock
: a person authorized to act for another : procurator"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro...

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262705 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> A late term non-viable fetus?@@
HOW CONVENIENT.
Also...fooL called.her supposed "non-viable" fetus "her baby". That's why i know shes bullsh*tting.
Anyway....the girl made her choice EVEN if the Drs could've saved her by...say..removing the uterus.
I can see your point now about all that. Very convenient story, and her timing of the post, after making all the others for not only that hour but the hour prior. All with NO mention at all about that woman, and when she does mention it, she says "Oh BTW...", and mentions it, when it supposedly happened that very afternoon, then posted an hour after that, like nothing.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262706 Oct 8, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01046b.htm Some people are saying the Brazilian incident never really happened, that it is a false story made up by planned parenthood. The nun who was excommunicated admitted she was wrong i n doing w hat she said she did and is not excommunicated anymore.
Well, some people are loopy. The Brazilian incident most definitely did occur:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/ameri...

Why would the cardinal and archbishop involved go along with planned parenthood? That's just bizarre.

As of last year, the nun certainly sounded firm in her resolve:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/8639571-4...

Do you have anything to support your claim, Knit?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#262707 Oct 8, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
While I read the article concerning this poor little girl,I didn't understand the church. I always thought the double effect would always come into play,especially that this was a child herself. Here's an article Age,I'm still confused.:(
http://www.pathsoflove.com/blog/2010/10/princ...
A direct abortion wouldn't be covered by the double effect. She would have to be in danger of dying. I cannot find any direct quotes from the doctors or obviously, medical records. I read that her life was not in immediate danger and that a social worker actually pushed for the abortion. Without med records we can't know whether she could have carried to viability.

I think that after the fact of the abortion, the Bishop should have used some common sense and not given the Church another black eye.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262708 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went to check and you're right. Within the same hour that she made that post, just prior she had been laughing and joking and mocking PLer's and THEN made that post beginning it with a "BTW". She began it with a [by the way], and supposedly it had just happened that afternoon.
In that same hour prior to that post she was posting things like,
"ROFLMAO! Lynne, you dont know shit about charting. Hell, I dont either, but I know YOU know less than the average idiot."
"Gee, you mean the records from when your pedphile BF "murdered" two of your "children" by punching them out of you? Or the "faulty sperm" death perhaps? Back in the 70's? THOSE records? The ones your "doctor" SHOULD have been giving to the police to have your pedophile BF arrested? Perhaps your parents too, you WERE a minor after all.....
ROFLMAO!!"
She made a few more posts trying to make ignorant claims about D&Cs and THEN wrote:
"Oh and BTW...
...My BIL's sister just died late this afternoon in Texas."
She was trying to prove me wrong in my claims about D&Cs and then throws this story in as though it was an afterthought, to try to attack pro-lifers, and once again uses Lynne's name instead of mine.
"Oh and BTW for all the ignorant bitches out there like YOU Lynne that like to claim that delivery of a non-viable baby is safer than abortion, you're wrong about that too.My BIL's sister just died late this afternoon in Texas..."
Supposedly happened yesterday afternoon, yet she tossed it in as an afterthought to her other attacks and ignorance about D&Cs yesterday.
She not only used that story as a "by the way" type of thing to attack and try to make a point, but she lied in her accusation.
I never claimed delivery of a non-viable fetus was safer than an LTA.
I have said that delivery of a VIABLE fetus was no more dangerous than an LTA, and when there's a chance to save the fetus and the mother, there's no reason for an LTA.
Yep and also she went from laughing hysterically to a wholendifferent demenor when she said "and you bitches yeah you LYNNE to" as if she was upset suddenly. LOL

reminds me of her Ariel story...a supposed kidnapped 14 yr old child who was kidnapped, raped, beaten and dumped in a park to die. A PL suggested amber alert and fooL was like "good idea". She posted her picture because she knew this girl and her mom very closely.

Ends up that Arial was a 20 year old woman who got off a bus and her whereabouts were unknown so mom alerted police. News report link(shown by foo) said it was a misunderstanding.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262709 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care about what your issue is, you were posting misinformation about the D&C procedure. You know all about miscarriages, all about pregnancy, all about abortion, D&C's, medical terminology, medical coding and charting yet you haven't shared what your occupation is or experience in the medical field. One can assume that since you know so much about the field you are in the medical field. Oh wait, you have family members in the medical field and they tell you. LOL. You are willfully ignorant, you're a forum troll just like your friends and nothing more.
"I don't care about what your issue is, you were posting misinformation about the D&C procedure."

No I wasn't. YOU were the one posting misinformation, claiming it's charted, coded, transcribed as an "abortion procedure", when your own post of codes proved you were full of shit and didn't know what you were talking about. lol

I know what I'm talking about on the topics in discussion which I choose to enter, yes.

You'll notice, since you follow my posts like an obsessed fan, that I don't post on topics I don't know about.

The family members I mentioned are people with which i have discussions, because we're FAMILY, MC. The women in our family talk about women's issues, because it's a common topic of discussion. I said that this topic came up in discussion years ago.

Don't try to mock me about what you can't understand, because you only display ignroance in doing so.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#262710 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Nine year olds have given birth before(full term).
2. Perhaps going full term would result in a"burst" uterus and THAT is exactly WHY she couldve delivered at viability.
These were twins. She was small. She probably would not have made it to viability, especially since multiple births sometimes come with delayed development/under-sized babies.

The doctors are the experts. I trust their assessment of the situation. The girl and her mom were Catholic. They would not have taken an abortion lightly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Caitlyn Jenner to write weekly editorials on LG... 1 hr WasteWater 29
News 'Bach' racism drama angers (Jun '14) 1 hr yvonne sinclaire 4
News Nancy J. Prashaw 1 hr the Wing Family -... 1
News Josh Duggar 'found forgiveness and cleansing fr... 2 hr Miss Id 1
News Huckabee defends Josh Duggar molesting sisters:... 2 hr Miss Id 67
News Paula Deen posts photo of son in 'brownface' 4 hr tod see the light 1
News Caitlyn Jenner to write weekly editorials on LG... 5 hr Klan Man 10
More from around the web