Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314354 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262641 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Then why did the church take an opposing stance with the Brazilian girl and the nun in Arizona? Any idea?
I think that they felt that there were still some possibilities to save both the mother and child. We will never know. I don't remember the exact quotes from the doctors if there were any.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#262642 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
What I would say is it was HER CHOICE about HER OWN life. Who are any of you to judge her choice about HER OWN life?
Please apply your statement to those who choose to have an abortion.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262644 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
As do I.
I'm not sure why she feels compelled to lambast me, however.
I guess she's just on auto-rant.
{{shrug}}
What "lambasting" you?

This is what I said, and I used caps to point out the operative words.

"Well, if you look at it from HER point of view, having the beliefs she had, it's was a positive for both her and her child. She chose to have them both in heaven than to be separated from her child eternally, by choosing to have that child killed in utero. That's what a religious belief is about.

That was HER relgious belief (her CHOICE to even have a religious belief), and in that belief, the "eternal life" outcome is a positive one for HER and her unborn child."

That was no lambasting you.

In reply to you saying, "I can't see how anyone could call that a positive outcome, for anyone.
:( "

Since no one called it a positive outcome, it's obvious you're trying to accuse the pro-lifers of something, as Foo had tried.

I replied saying,

Y"ou all should leave it alone and let her rest in peace.What any of you are doing is disrespecting HER CHOICES and saying SHE made the wrong choice. To HER, she didn't. "

That's hardly lambasting you. Grow up.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262645 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please stop dragging me into something I'm not even following?
No, I will NOT attest to anything of the sort.
Leave me out of this, please.
LOL, thank you for proving me right, again.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262646 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Her choice was also about her own life, and she chose death for herself before killing her child in utero.
The very epitome of what she believed, as a mother and as a religious woman. She LIVED what she believed.
In all honesty, we don't even have a story that is legit. Foo was.posting and SUDDENLY posts about this girl who died because she was a religious Catholic, then went on to continuing posting as if nothing happened.

Baby was late term. They didnt have to kill baby to save her. They couldve delivered that baby safe and saved mom too OR worst case completely remove the uterus and saved mom.

We'll never know now. She is gonna continue bullshitting now.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262647 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> You own your kidney. You decide whether it comes out or stays in.
A person's child is not their body or body part. He or she is a separate human life. By 7 weeks, that human life has a gender.
Katie

Graham, WA

#262648 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I think the term "monster" is reserved for people who actually commit heinous acts, not for people who write posts thats we don't agree with or make end-of-life decisions that go against our particular sensibilities. Or... have abortions :-O
Heh, I see what you mean, Elise.

I think JM's confusing my sincerity in seeing her realize we all are able to make personal life/death decisions for ourselves and/or for those we hold durable power of attorney with another insult-fest. The worst part of death, imo, happens to those of us left behind. Even when death is wanted or expected, it is hard losing someone you love. These rights, however, were hard-won, and should not be lost or thrown away based on, as you say, "our particular sensibilities." It startled me to see her say not to put Michael Schiavo and her in the same category. Even if she keeps ignoring me, I hope she has quiet time to reflect on this.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262649 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no clue what you two are yammering about, you stupid cow.
I have no desire to discuss whatEVER it is, have you picked up on that yet, feeb?
Or does someone have to beat you to get you to understand them??
You know, you keep mentioning beatings and drug use and slut and high school drop out stupidity to me, and it's ridiculous even if you were saying it to Lynne.

Sassy said she's a grandmother, and so am I. So you're displaying irrational and delusional behavior every time you post as though that same person you're saying those things about is still a teen, or is a druggie/slut etc as a grandmother, or that anyone would need to be beaten to understand something.

You're a sick person to think as you do.

As to what I said in the post you replied to, I wasn't talking to you, but about you. I was stating a fact that when you knew that's what PCers were saying back in Jan. you didn't have the integrity to let them know they were wrong in calling a D&C after miscarriage an abortion.

That's all.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262650 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Then why did the church take an opposing stance with the Brazilian girl and the nun in Arizona? Any idea?
That young girl was pregnant. Her circumstances were indeed tragic but her body, could have carried until viability. Then her babies could be delivered. THAT is why the church was against killing her INNOCENT babies. SHE was innocent too.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262651 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I did nothing of the sort, you stupid old sow.
I am in complete agreement with you.
You just replied to a post I made to Long Night Moon. Talk about being on "auto rant". Seems to be you are.

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet if this woman had chosen to end the pregnancy to save her life you'd be vilifying her.
Nobody stopped her from making her own choice, and none of us have vilified her. We've simply expressed sadness at the loss of her life.
That's the difference, and it's a big difference."

My reply,
"Excuse me, but it is YOU people who claim to be pro-CHOICE, not pro-lifers, and you ARE villifying her by suggesting she made the wrong choice. She made HER CHOICE. Respect HER choice and be quiet about it already. "

If you weren't doing it, Ladilulu, then don't worry about what was said. Some were and that post was about those who were.

I don't need an apology from you for your stupidity directed at me for nothing. I know it'll be insincere anyway.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262652 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you keep mentioning beatings and drug use and slut and high school drop out stupidity to me, and it's ridiculous even if you were saying it to Lynne.
Sassy said she's a grandmother, and so am I. So you're displaying irrational and delusional behavior every time you post as though that same person you're saying those things about is still a teen, or is a druggie/slut etc as a grandmother, or that anyone would need to be beaten to understand something.
You're a sick person to think as you do.
As to what I said in the post you replied to, I wasn't talking to you, but about you. I was stating a fact that when you knew that's what PCers were saying back in Jan. you didn't have the integrity to let them know they were wrong in calling a D&C after miscarriage an abortion.
That's all.
I didnt say that I am a grandma ;)

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262653 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
That is precisely what we advocate for.
Don't say "we", because it's not all pro-coicers who advocate for that. Foo and a fw others made that perfectly clear when they chose to USE that woman here.
Katie

Graham, WA

#262654 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Pregnancy...being pregnant means that you are gestating your developing offspring /child. An elective abortion is meant to END that developing childs life. A miscarriage/spontaneous abortion means that a developing child has died. The life of that child is over. The pregnancy is terminated at that point. REMOVAL of that life is the next step.
In an elective abortion, the Dr kills as it removes it.
In a miscarriage the body usually natural expels it.
If not, the Dr will clean out an remains of that baby. Many times even after baby is expelled, the Dr might go in and clean out the uterus. That is NOT an abortion. It is a D & C.
FooL is claiming D&C are "abortion procedures".
Abort means to END. If the baby died, then a D&C is NOT ending/aborting
During anelective abortion, then that D&C DOES abort /end the life/pregnancy
"Abort means to END. If the baby died, then a D&C is NOT ending/aborting"

Except abortion means END OF PREGNANCY prior to term. Regardless if it's an induced end of pregnancy or a spontaneous end to pregnancy. Therefore a D&C would be instrumental in ending the pregnancy regardless if it's spontaneous or induced. If an infection occurs, according to Triple L's NCBI link yesterday, it is called "Infected abortion". I asked her to share her thoughts on that, but she chose not to.

I think it was Ayaka who said you guys are trying to distance yourselves from this because of your dislike of induced abortions and belief it is murder. I think she is right.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262655 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Lala, Lily even showed the link with YOUR words telling me that it is NOT an abortion. You thought that I was saying that it was when in fact it was peter and johnny.
This conversation continues and since finding out that "I" didnt say it, youve remained silent because you were afraid to confront fooL with her bs(or peter or johnny).
Exactly.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262656 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I told you this several times. Specifically, "with the distinction of the type of abortion" and you disagreed.
You have no idea what I was disagreeing with, because you didn't even have any idea what Sassy and I had taken issue with.

You should really just drop it at this point because you're not displaying any ability to read for comprehension, and you're not helping make the PCers point. You've helped make ours. lol.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262657 Oct 8, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Please apply your statement to those who choose to have an abortion.
Why, she is not pro choice. She is only pointing out that PCers only respect the choice to abort and don't respect the choice to not abort regardless of the outcome. If the story is real, she didn't have to die.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262658 Oct 8, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
My take is that Foo's post was reinforcing the very real fact that some LTA's or post-vi's *are* done to save the life of the pregnant woman.
This mother-to-be opted to take her chances and paid the ultimate price. Hopefully, she was armed with all the facts. Guess it could depend on where she was being treated?
(Very sorry, Foo.)
Many Drs will disagree that it is "necessary" to kill in order to save mom post viability.
Katie

Graham, WA

#262659 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand ANYTHING.
I know how to compare and contrast. And how to ask questions.
What about you? Can you do and say the same?
She's calling Foo that because she's upset that the woman made a choice Foo didn't agree with, and Foo's exploiting that choice for her own selfish agenda here. It's not the same as Sassy understanding that woman's CHOICE made about her own life.
No one made a decision for this woman, she made it for herself, according to Foo's post. She chose to refuse the LTA that would save her life. Your post has nothing to do with that.
You really are delusional if you think you have any reading comprehension skills, or any intelligence or sense. Not when you display this kind of proof that you don't.
The civil right to do so applies to individuals and those who hold durable power of attorney. So, all instances are comparable. Guess that answers one of the questions.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262660 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> FooL exploits women. This woman DIED and without even full knowledge of the particulars, she jumps on her unfortunate death along with her baby.
Who CARES if she disagrees with the girls choice. Not HER business remember?
She even posted a womans pictures as her avatar(exploiting her) to gain attention while lying about her story. We're awaiting THAT proof that fooL supposedly had saved @@
I don't know about the last part, but you're right in your first part. Foo is impulsive, irrational in her impulsitivity and then has to clean up her own messes she makes here whenever she proves she's posted something for a selfish agenda and she was wrong. That's when she comes back attacking even harder, or deflecting with a topic change, and one that she chooses to try to make her appear humane.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262661 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Abort means to END. If the baby died, then a D&C is NOT ending/aborting"
Except abortion means END OF PREGNANCY prior to term. Regardless if it's an induced end of pregnancy or a spontaneous end to pregnancy. Therefore a D&C would be instrumental in ending the pregnancy regardless if it's spontaneous or induced. If an infection occurs, according to Triple L's NCBI link yesterday, it is called "Infected abortion". I asked her to share her thoughts on that, but she chose not to.
I think it was Ayaka who said you guys are trying to distance yourselves from this because of your dislike of induced abortions and belief it is murder. I think she is right.
You are dead wrong katie. The ONLY tkme that anD&C will be instrumental in ending a pregnancy is withan ELECTIVE abortion.

A spontaneous/miscarriage abortion means the baby is dead...no longer developing...which means the pregnancy is over. The deceased baby will then be rejected by the body and ejected.Sometimes a Dr will do a D&C if they feel it necessary to clean out uterus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Did Sharona Bitty Schram Leave Monk the USA... (Mar '08) 3 hr Edidas247 103
News From zero to Zero Motorcycles (Mar '09) 6 hr Kw2work 11
News Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) 6 hr The Marquis de Sade 1,222
News Emory Professor Carol Anderson on "White Rage: ... 7 hr Mafungo 19
News Businessman Kevin O'Leary to run for Conservati... 10 hr how many votes he... 1
News Democrats hope to send Trump, Republicans a mes... 12 hr fingers mcgurke 18
News Cat behaviorist Jackson Galaxy shares secrets o... (Mar '12) 20 hr bomara 2
More from around the web