Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#262511 Oct 7, 2012
Working Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more like she's standing under it trying to make a nights pay.
lol K

Location hidden

#262512 Oct 7, 2012
R C not funny wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Got it.. haha

Location hidden

#262513 Oct 7, 2012
R C not funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You poor thing!
yup, not funny...

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262514 Oct 7, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>For the record DW, I don't read what you copy and paste. I saw a post from Elise stating you were c&p posts from back in January.
<quoted text>I don't care what was posted back then. The D&C after an elective abortion is the same D&C after a spontaneous abortion. Therefore it is an abortion procedure and will be charted and coded and transcribed as such WITH THE DISTINCTION OF *ELECTIVE**SPONTANEOUS**MISSED **COMPLETE**INCOMPLETE*. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT DISTINCTION IS?
<quoted text>And you have proven you don't understand medical coding and billing.
<quoted text>
ICD 9 - International Classification of Diseases
634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
636 Illegally Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
638 Failed Attempt Abortion
ICD 9 Code for D&C
69.02 - Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion.
CPT - Current Procedural Terminology
Code 59812
Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion.
<quoted text>O.k so we've all just sat on our asses all day and never worked a day in our lives just like you right?
<quoted text> You are disputing that a D&C for any type of abortion is not charted,coded, or transcribed as a D&C for the type of abortion it is used for. I have told you time and again it is charted as an abortion with THE DISTINCTION OF THE TYPE OF ABORTION. You have denied that. I provided you the codes above.
<quoted text>I've concluded you know nothing about coding/billing/charting.
LOL, oh...my....

You just proved true everything I had been saying, and you think you proved something else. Too funny.

You posted codes for "abortions"
"ICD 9 - International Classification of Diseases
634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
638 Failed Attempt Abortion"

NO ONE has said a miscarriage isn't medcially termed a type of abortion. THAT was not the issue, which you could never understand and still don't, obviously because you're still typing the same stupid redundant shit over and over that has nothing to do with what Sassy and I took issue with.

You then posted codes for D&C procedures and guess what? You PROVED US RIGHT and proved you PC bumbleheads wrong.

"ICD 9 Code for D&C
Code 59812
Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion."

What's that? "Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion."

Dialation and curettage? Just like I posted? That's right, that's what I posted, NC.

"Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion.""

Again dialation and curettage, just as I posted.

MY words, "The charting has to do with indicating the D&C was a dilation and curettage FOR a spontaneous, incomplete, missed, complete etc. abortion." "It was documented as a dilation and curettage,...".

That's what I've said this whole time, and you've been arguing it just like someone who can't read for comprehension.

"You are disputing that a D&C for any type of abortion is not charted,coded, or transcribed as a D&C for the type of abortion it is used for. "

LOL, no I haven't, DW. I said it wasn't documented as "an abortion procedure" as the PCers claimed, because it's NOT. You just proved it with the codes you provided. You couldn't display a lack of reading comprehension more if you tried.

I posted, "The charting has to do with indicating the [D&C was a dilation and curettage] FOR a spontaneous, incomplete, missed, complete etc. abortion. In the cases of elective abortion the [D&C is a dialation and curettage] FOR an induced abortion.[The D&C procedure itself is NOT called or charted an "abortion"] when it's a treatment after miscarriage."

A D&C is not "an abortion procedure" when used for miscarriages. It's called a dialation and curettage and the indications as to the purpose is charted. As I said.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262515 Oct 7, 2012
After miscarriage they call the purpose of a dilation and curettage "surgical management of incomplete abortion". I don't see "abortion procedure", do you?

I see the proper name of D&C and the purpose being surgical management of a miscarriage.

"Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion."

Don't see "abortion procedure". I see the D&C being called "dialation and curetage" and the purpose being after delivery or the type of abortion that occurred, whether induced, or missed, incomplete is not indicated under the codes for the D&C procedure.

Point made. Stop arguing with me about it now. You PCers who claimed a D&C after a miscarriage is an abortion procedure were WRONG.

Ayakaneo is a typical PCer here, who posts not knowing what they're talking about then ends up proving we PLers were correct all along.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262516 Oct 7, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN Lynne, you dumbass, I at NO time ever claimed that its "an abortion" AFTER a miscarriage. Nobody else did either.
I said the D&C IS THE SAME PROCEDURE no matter what its for or when it happens.
You're DELIBERATE inability to comprehend simple concepts is astounding.
But the link I just posted is interesting in what the medical field calls:
http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/mp/1e2.pdf
Non-Therapeutic Abortion
A non-therapeutic abortion is any termination of a pregnancy where there has been no
manual or surgical interruption of that pregnancy (missed, incomplete, spontaneous, etc.).
Foo, it's not enough for her to believe that her view is correct. She seems to have an intense need for everyone else to believe she is correct, as well. She requires validation. Of course, what do I know, being a pinhead and a fake, lol.

Location hidden

#262517 Oct 7, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do, since I've seen my own records. You admit you don't know shit about it, and it shows through the stupidity you post.
How long ago did this all happen to you?

Location hidden

#262518 Oct 7, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Oh and BTW for all the ignorant bitches out there like YOU Lynne that like to claim that delivery of a non-viable baby is safer than abortion, you're wrong about that too.
My BIL's sister just died late this afternoon in Texas. 43 years old. She was pregnant, and they dont know exactly what happened yet, but what IS known so far is that somehow he placeta was ripped (?) and being a religious Catholic, she refused an LTA to save her life. Now both she and the baby are dead.
I'm sure some of you idiots would think that's the best outcome, but her family doesn't agree.
Religious bullshit shouldn't cost anyone their life.
That's sad... I'm so sorry.

Location hidden

#262519 Oct 7, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Earlier than that. That's MY age group, and she's older than me.
Wow, really? I thought Lily was younger than us. Interesting...
FFF

Tulsa, OK

#262520 Oct 7, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh thank goodness--the neighbors were getting ready to complain about that, "nutty Canadian chick who's arguing with the lamppost again..."
I heard it from a little birdie, that Princess Precious Paws took up residence with our resident Royal Canadian, after that teddible ordeal with the Fiends of the Fish Market...have you encountered any similar news?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#262521 Oct 7, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Threats and bad publicity! lol
Oh, shush you!

Threats and bad publicity indeed...

You know, I might have threatened to spank you until I thought about it and realized that you'd probably enjoy that more than I would.

Sorry "Rach," it seems that I've nothing to "threaten" you with...

:(

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#262522 Oct 7, 2012
FFF wrote:
<quoted text>I heard it from a little birdie, that Princess Precious Paws took up residence with our resident Royal Canadian, after that teddible ordeal with the Fiends of the Fish Market...have you encountered any similar news?
What an interesting bit of synchronicity that's apparently at work here!

I'm afraid that I must reply in the negative my good "Sir," or "Madam."
I have not encountered any such news at present.
Should I do so, I most assuredly promise that you shall be the first to "hear" of it...

Location hidden

#262523 Oct 7, 2012
I think the misunderstanding is that, for billing purposes, the D&C is coded separately from the abortion. That doesn't mean that the D&C is considered by the medical staff to be unrelated to the abortion. The D&C is a component of the whole process, since it wouldn't be necessary if the abortion hadn't occurred. Coding isn't a charting component involving the medical staff. It's an insurance/billing tool.
FFF

Tulsa, OK

#262524 Oct 7, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
What an interesting bit of synchronicity that's apparently at work here!
I'm afraid that I must reply in the negative my good "Sir," or "Madam."
I have not encountered any such news at present.
Should I do so, I most assuredly promise that you shall be the first to "hear" of it...
Tis 'madam'.
As you well know...

And with that, sir, I bid you goodnight.
May your Monday be Magnificent!!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262525 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are disputing that a D&C for any type of abortion is not charted,coded, or transcribed as a D&C for the type of abortion it is used for. "
LOL, no I haven't, DW. I said it wasn't documented as "an abortion procedure" as the PCers claimed, because it's NOT. You just proved it with the codes you provided. You couldn't display a lack of reading comprehension more if you tried.
You have disputed IT IS charted (oh my I mispoke) as an abortion procedure. It is just as I said it was. You don't comprehend coding.
tomtom

Allentown, PA

#262526 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Applause!!!
xoxox
Agree!!!! Smooch. slaubber!

Location hidden

#262527 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
I think the misunderstanding is that, for billing purposes, the D&C is coded separately from the abortion. That doesn't mean that the D&C is considered by the medical staff to be unrelated to the abortion. The D&C is a component of the whole process, since it wouldn't be necessary if the abortion hadn't occurred. Coding isn't a charting component involving the medical staff. It's an insurance/billing tool.
She thought it was literally going to say "abortion procedure". No one has said it was actually going to be written out that way in a medical chart, or transcribed to read "abortion procedure D&C". Any woman should know without it being explained in detail that a D&C is to used for issues of the uterus with or without pregnancy. She has been told time and again it is "coded" meaning the diagnosis has a code and the treatment has a code, I have never said it was going to say "abortion procedure".

Location hidden

#262528 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>How long ago did this all happen to you?
30 something years ago.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#262529 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh...my....
You just proved true everything I had been saying, and you think you proved something else. Too funny.
You posted codes for "abortions"
"ICD 9 - International Classification of Diseases
634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
638 Failed Attempt Abortion"
NO ONE has said a miscarriage isn't medcially termed a type of abortion. THAT was not the issue, which you could never understand and still don't, obviously because you're still typing the same stupid redundant shit over and over that has nothing to do with what Sassy and I took issue with.
You then posted codes for D&C procedures and guess what? You PROVED US RIGHT and proved you PC bumbleheads wrong.
"ICD 9 Code for D&C
Code 59812
Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion."
What's that? "Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion."
Dialation and curettage? Just like I posted? That's right, that's what I posted, NC.
"Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion.""
Again dialation and curettage, just as I posted.
MY words, "The charting has to do with indicating the D&C was a dilation and curettage FOR a spontaneous, incomplete, missed, complete etc. abortion." "It was documented as a dilation and curettage,...".
That's what I've said this whole time, and you've been arguing it just like someone who can't read for comprehension.
I posted, "The charting has to do with indicating the [D&C was a dilation and curettage] FOR a spontaneous, incomplete, missed, complete etc. abortion. In the cases of elective abortion the [D&C is a dialation and curettage] FOR an induced abortion.[The D&C procedure itself is NOT called or charted an "abortion"] when it's a treatment after miscarriage."
A D&C is not "an abortion procedure" when used for miscarriages. It's called a dialation and curettage and the indications as to the purpose is charted. As I said.
***sighs*** Yes folks, Lynne REALLY IS THIS DENSE. What a maroon.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#262530 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
After miscarriage they call the purpose of a dilation and curettage "surgical management of incomplete abortion". I don't see "abortion procedure", do you?
I see the proper name of D&C and the purpose being surgical management of a miscarriage.
"Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion."
Don't see "abortion procedure". I see the D&C being called "dialation and curetage" and the purpose being after delivery or the type of abortion that occurred, whether induced, or missed, incomplete is not indicated under the codes for the D&C procedure.
Point made. Stop arguing with me about it now. You PCers who claimed a D&C after a miscarriage is an abortion procedure were WRONG.
Ayakaneo is a typical PCer here, who posts not knowing what they're talking about then ends up proving we PLers were correct all along.
ROLFAO Lynne, you're arrogance is only eclipsed by your ignorance. You must REALLY REALLY love being viewed as an ignorant boob.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Star Trek Discovery needs to push boundaries wi... 5 hr Money Screams 13
News MTV launches MTV Classic channel focusing on 19... 10 hr Seriously 1
News Are Democrats funnier than Republicans? 11 hr Old Sam 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 12 hr chuckles 921
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 13 hr LoveTRUMPHate 86
News Bill O'Reilly: Slaves who built White House wer... 14 hr WasteWater 1
News Obama's presidency has led to more visible raci... 14 hr Oh No You Di-nt 1
More from around the web