Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311628 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262174 Oct 5, 2012
:-[
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh?
Silly sassy.
See, last time i checked, lovemaking included penis/vagina intercourse.
So..yeah....I do know.
Again...if his is in you, do you own it? Can you grab and knife and cut it off?
Yeesh, why would you want to do that? Never mind, I don't want to know... Go mamasota, get your freak on:-[

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262175 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh?
Silly sassy.
See, last time i checked, lovemaking included penis/vagina intercourse.
So..yeah....I do know.
Again...if his is in you, do you own it? Can you grab and knife and cut it off?
When was that? 1975? Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262176 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Again...thank you. It is NOT an abortion like they are saying. It's a medical procedure to clean out the uterus. It CAN be used to perform an abortion.
No one said it was an abortion Sassy. Everyone has said it is the same procedure whether spontaneous or elective.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262177 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The indication for the procedure is charted at the time of event, of course."
Exactly what we've been saying. So why are you and your friends arguing about it? You're arguing just to argue and not telling us anything we don't already know.
The rest of what you said is irrelevant to the first sentence you wrote, and the point we PLers have been making.
Did you totally ignore the fact that she and I and others have said repeatedly that it will be charted as a spontaneous abortion if there is a miscarriage and an elective abortion if it's an elective abortion?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262178 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's no bed of roses, nursing:-D... I've already had punches thrown at me, poop flung at me, etc and I just graduated in April. I'm middle-aged, so I won't be on the job long enough to get burnt out. Anyway, if you want to do this, I recommend you go for your bachelor's degree. We all will be expected to have a BSN, soon.
Really? Why a BSN? Technological advances?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262179 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
:-[ <quoted text>Yeesh, why would you want to do that? Never mind, I don't want to know... Go mamasota, get your freak on:-[
She THOUGHT she was making a point. She failed, miserably. As usual.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262180 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but nothing you say on here medically shows that you are a RN.
Nothing.
Do you ever work? You said that you were contemplating going on food stampsntoo.Why not go work? Anywhere for that matted?
When did you go to school even if you are on here round the clock?
Well if that's the case, anything anyone says medically doesn't prove anything and that includes you and Lil but somehow you know all about pregnancy, abortions, eclampsia and procedures and charting. Are you an RN? Oh no wait, you volunteer in a CPC right? So you would have access to medical information in a patients chart and would know more than any one else..
HUSKERlicious

United States

#262181 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> She's talking about a D&C. It will most definately be charted as to why ot was done(either for elective abortion or after a miscarriage). Many of the times the baby is out after the miscarriage but they will do a D&C to clean out the womb.
My doctor said that this is what they do now instead of a D&C,
WebMD Home next page Women's Health
Email a Friend
Save
Print Article

Women's Health Trends:

* Pregnancy Symptoms
* Yeast Infection
* Urinary Tract Infections
* Endometriosis
* Thyroid Problems
* Kegel Exercises

Women's Health
Tools & Resources

* 9 Tips for Fresh Breath
* Best Foods for Your Teeth
* The Skinny on Whole Grains
* Help for Dry and Itchy Skin
* Get Smart About Wrinkles
* Weight Loss Pills: Pro or Con?

Endometrial ablation

Endometrial ablation is a procedure that destroys (ablates) the uterine lining, or endometrium. This procedure is used to treat dysfunctional or abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes a lighted viewing instrument (hysteroscope) is used to see inside the uterus. Endometrial ablation can be done by:

* Laser beam (laser thermal ablation).
* Heat (thermal ablation), using:
o Radiofrequency.
o A balloon filled with saline solution that has been heated to 85&#65533;C (185&#65533;F)(thermal balloon ablation).
o Normal saline (heated free fluid).
* Electricity, using a resectoscope with a loop or rolling ball electrode.
* Freezing.
* Microwave.

The endometrium heals by scarring, which usually reduces or prevents uterine bleeding.
Recommended Related to Women

Endometrial ablation may be done in an outpatient facility or your doctor's office. The procedure can take up to about 45 minutes. The procedure may be done using a local or spinal anesthesia. And general anesthesia is sometimes used.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262182 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She THOUGHT she was making a point. She failed, miserably. As usual.
Me thinks she needs to get laid, pounded til the head board falls off.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262183 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Me thinks she needs to get laid, pounded til the head board falls off.
Sounds like very little pounding would be going on, since her husband's penis is apparently in one position long enough for her to get a knife between them and cut it off.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262184 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, Stupid Sassy, but if your husband's penis is stationary inside your vagina, he's doing it wrong.
LMAO!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262185 Oct 5, 2012
HUSKERlicious wrote:
<quoted text>My doctor said that this is what they do now instead of a D&C,
WebMD Home next page Women's Health
Email a Friend
Save
Print Article
Women's Health Trends:
* Pregnancy Symptoms
* Yeast Infection
* Urinary Tract Infections
* Endometriosis
* Thyroid Problems
* Kegel Exercises
Women's Health
Tools & Resources
* 9 Tips for Fresh Breath
* Best Foods for Your Teeth
* The Skinny on Whole Grains
* Help for Dry and Itchy Skin
* Get Smart About Wrinkles
* Weight Loss Pills: Pro or Con?
Endometrial ablation
Endometrial ablation is a procedure that destroys (ablates) the uterine lining, or endometrium. This procedure is used to treat dysfunctional or abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes a lighted viewing instrument (hysteroscope) is used to see inside the uterus. Endometrial ablation can be done by:
* Laser beam (laser thermal ablation).
* Heat (thermal ablation), using:
o Radiofrequency.
o A balloon filled with saline solution that has been heated to 85&#65533;C (185&#65533;F)(thermal balloon ablation).
o Normal saline (heated free fluid).
* Electricity, using a resectoscope with a loop or rolling ball electrode.
* Freezing.
* Microwave.
The endometrium heals by scarring, which usually reduces or prevents uterine bleeding.
Recommended Related to Women
Endometrial ablation may be done in an outpatient facility or your doctor's office. The procedure can take up to about 45 minutes. The procedure may be done using a local or spinal anesthesia. And general anesthesia is sometimes used.
After a spontaneous abortion? LOL, either you're lying, and your doctor said no such thing, or they're an idiot and you should find a new doctor. You DO realize that an endometrial ablation leaves nothing for a fertilized ovum to implant in, right? The very say effect that you people want to pretend happens with birth control pills, and which YOU consider an abortion, right? WHY would they do that to a woman who may want to try and get pregnant again?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#262186 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember the movie, Seven?
Vividly. And I'm thinking I know exactly the scene of which you speak.

Shudder....
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

#262187 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"WHAT? wait, so why is it liberals always make fun of the "south" & TEXAS for being "gun toters"??? really, you think there's an EQUAL number of guns per capita in every state?"
I am not a liberal. I have never said anything about Texas. And I have not spoken of the numbers of guns per capita. Can the strawman arguments, and try addressing what I've actually said instead of what you want to pretend I'm saying.
"of course dolt, that was never the point, point was some WOULD"
And no shooter would ever know. So why would it be a deterrent?
"thats the point, they wouldnt know, but they'd suspect, which ups the danger level"
And it's merely your OPINION that this would deter them. I disagree.
"again, thats only b/c you're an idiot ------ let me school you boy - if you're gonna commit a crime, do you A) go into a place thats filled with people who most likely WONT be armed, or do you B) go to a place thats probably filled with ARMED citizens?"
Little Girl, you're incapable of "schooling" me. Your assertion of "probably" has not been proven. Until it has, it's just a conclusion based upon speculation.
"you know the answer to this, now lets hear it.....?"
It's not "the answer" just because you want to believe it is. I disagree with your speculations. Deal with it, Little Girl.
"And I have not spoken of the numbers of guns per capita." - actually yes you have, wiesel, when you say that people have no way of knowing where there are going to be more guns - when you say you disagree that a shop in a small southern town is gonna have more guns statistically than a shop in a liberal city wit tight gun laws, like DC, ten YES your claim is that you dont think there's necessarily anymore gun in any place over the other ---------- there IS.......deal with it

"no shooter would ever know. So why would it be a deterrent?" my god liberal stupidity knows no bounds - it WOULD, the same way a black dude walking into an Alabama redneck bar of all whites is PROBALBY gonna end up with some negative attention against the black guy........again, he doesnt KNOW anyne there is bigoted, but he doesn have to, he's a rational person who uses his brain..........same reason a crook is less likely to rob a gun shop, he doesnt KNOW people inthere are carrying, but he doesnt have to, he uses good & logical judgement..........get it?

now BOY, listen here, if you'r gonna debate, you cant just run from questions (thats the cowards way out, & its been a fav. or yours, Bitners, LNMoons & others for years).........STOP SIDESTEPPING & answer the question:

if you're gonna rob a store, do you A) go into a place thats filled with people who most likely WONT be armed, or do you B) go to a place thats probably filled with ARMED citizens?
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

#262188 Oct 5, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"the point you're sidestepping is that guns DO deter criminals, & you guys claim otherwise - liars"
Why does disagreeing with your opinion make us "liars". I say you're wrong. I guess that's just too bad for you.
"you act like this is a crime & a horror"
I think it would be a "horror".
"where LEGAL gun carriers get pissed & whip one out, fire it off"
Oh, in cases of school and workplace shootings the perp had to go home to get his gun. Let's make it more convenient for people and just have them carrying the gun around. And the family shootings that take place inside the home? No inconvenience for them since their guns were right within reach.
"i suppose you're gonna ALSO start beating your wife, your children etc."
Wives get beaten by husbands who are pissed at other things all the time. Really, get your naive head out of your ass.
"youre one dumbFUCK lady"
No, that would be you. You are clueless. And naive.
"why do people who get pissed off at their husbands & wives while in the kitchen not use those razor sharp knives to kill/stab their loved ones?"
It does happen.
"they face that crap every day yet THEY dont go shooting their victims when they get pissed..........IDIOT"
It does sometimes happen. You really are a clueless naive little boy. Get back to me when you some real life experience, okay? Yawn.
" think it would be a "horror".- OMG, you actually think that its a "horror" for any normal citizen to simply own a gun? to simply exercise the 2nd Amendment? REALLY? wow, armed citizens who deter criminals, SUCH TERROR!

"in cases of school and workplace shootings" - BULLSHIT, you're falsely assuming that in those cases they only happened b/c the perp had the gun on him and had NO INTENTION to begin with of killing anyone - that he just "up & decided" to kill a dozen people, BC HE HAD A GUN..........so the Columbine kids didnt PLAN ahead ? the Dark Knight shooter just happened to have some machine guns on his belt & "got mad" so he shot up a theater?

you're DREAMING lady, why dont you go find some stats that show us the majority of shootings occur out of the blue & would have never happened if the guy had simply "calmed down" or "not had his gun on him AT THE TIME"..........yea right

"No inconvenience for them since their guns were right within reach." - so you're obviously for banning all knives.......and asprin.........and razors for shaving, and powertools, nailguns, you know all these things can KILL people as well........why arent you for banning them, why arent you AGAINST owning these things hypocrite? OUCH, logic hurts.....

you're also so idiotically assuming that those who kill family members only do so b/c they have access to guns, that they WOULDNT DARE use knives, baseball bats, blunt objects, their bare hands..........idiot

"It does sometimes happen" - SOMETIMES, sometimes means nothing..........cops face 100 times the "stress" you speak of & 99.99 percent of them dont take their guns out & shoot others....

so, WHY in the world do you think average folks are gonna start???

LOGIC.......its hurts
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262189 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, if there's no pregnancy, there is no pregnancy to abort. Can you name who is saying that all D&Cs are abortions of pregnancy in a short, succinct post? Please don't write one of your tedious essays :-!
May I? Kthanks.

FooL did. She keeps saying they are called "abortion procedures".

That is what we are discussing....how ridiculous she is for it that.
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

#262190 Oct 5, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"the point you're sidestepping is that guns DO deter criminals, & you guys claim otherwise - liars"
Why does disagreeing with your opinion make us "liars". I say you're wrong. I guess that's just too bad for you.
"you act like this is a crime & a horror"
I think it would be a "horror".
"where LEGAL gun carriers get pissed & whip one out, fire it off"
Oh, in cases of school and workplace shootings the perp had to go home to get his gun. Let's make it more convenient for people and just have them carrying the gun around. And the family shootings that take place inside the home? No inconvenience for them since their guns were right within reach.
"i suppose you're gonna ALSO start beating your wife, your children etc."
Wives get beaten by husbands who are pissed at other things all the time. Really, get your naive head out of your ass.
"youre one dumbFUCK lady"
No, that would be you. You are clueless. And naive.
"why do people who get pissed off at their husbands & wives while in the kitchen not use those razor sharp knives to kill/stab their loved ones?"
It does happen.
"they face that crap every day yet THEY dont go shooting their victims when they get pissed..........IDIOT"
It does sometimes happen. You really are a clueless naive little boy. Get back to me when you some real life experience, okay? Yawn.
oh & one more thing......l..........you say that if more people had carry permits/guns on their side that more would start shootings out of anger.....do you not realize that the very knowledge that everyones carrying would in itself be a FURTHER deterrant from pulling out ur pistol in anger..........

think, whose willing to whip it out if the majority in the room is armed?

LOGIC..........yea, it hurts stupid people
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262191 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, Stupid Sassy, but if your husband's penis is stationary inside your vagina, he's doing it wrong.
Stop avoiding my question.

AGAIN...do you own your husbands penis during sex and do you have a right to cut it off when it's inside you?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262192 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>When was that? 1975? Sorry I just couldn't help myself.
Lol...It doesn't surprise me that she's an unimaginative lover.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#262193 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
:-[ <quoted text>Yeesh, why would you want to do that? Never mind, I don't want to know... Go mamasota, get your freak on:-[
Why would i want to do what? I wouldn't.

I'm talking to Bitler. She made the claim that anything inside her is hers. She can therefore do whatever she wants to it (like her own child she can kill because its in her body).

She's sillying her way around answering my question. Did you notice? Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 2 hr Captain Yesterday 1,063
News Pro-Clinton super PAC to invest in ground opera... 2 hr Captain Yesterday 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 4 hr Ren 950
News Different Sparky's signature is the draw for 'A... (Aug '15) 8 hr Peter Knight 3
News Michelle Obama Calls for More Diversity in Ente... 9 hr Drilling for the ... 26
News Wendy Williams Show Hires Ex- - View' Producer ... 15 hr K-DJ 1
News What has Kendall Jenner done to get banned from... Sun Not Enough 1
More from around the web