Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313382 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#259822 Sep 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the ridiculous one if you believe that Christians believe abortion is not a sin.
I never said or implied any such thing.
I'm speaking from some knowledge of Christian based religions.
I believe you're really simply trying to lecture someone (me) whom you know NOTHING about, about a religion you know LESS about.
Find something that proves Christian faiths don't believe abortion is a sin. Until then, you're full of it, and just spouting opinion, and defending it with ignorance.
Why would I have to find something that says that? I never said otherwise. At NO point did I ever make ANY claim that abortion is not a sin.

You should really stop making things up that others haven't said, attibuting it to others, then arguing with yourself about nonexistant comments.

I've made NO claims about ANYTHING except as it pertains to MYSELF and my OWN salvation, and on THAT subject, it is YOU that's spouting ignorance.

And again, I will be reporting you for harrassment.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#259823 Sep 24, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely! V-Twins whole rat pack assume this position, though, in and of itself being a sin!
I care so little what he says, I skip over most of his posts, I suppose he is given very limited internet access in the institution! ;)
Yes, his are the ravings of another delusional fundie.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#259824 Sep 24, 2012
Which is a matter between her and her god. Or did they change the bible?
yakalot wrote:
<quoted text>If she went to confession and was not sorry and did not repent, her confession is null and void .

Indianapolis

#259825 Sep 24, 2012
Goddamn, I thought I had gotten away from the self-righteous, nattering, gossipy church ladies!
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it be great if it was so easy to walk away from wrongdoing. Either she doesn't have a clue or is fooling herself.
God forgives if you are truly sorry but that doesn't take away the obligation to do penance and change your life.
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#259826 Sep 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You were trying to prove that you had an abortion you don't regret, you stated you did not repent or ask forgiveness for and tried to claim that you're still a Catholic and not in name only.
I'm not trying to prove a thing, certainly not to you. I dont have to prove anything to you or your friends. The only "proof" required was to God, and I'm good with Him. What YOU think means nothing to me OR to Him, I assure you.

I made a statement of fact as it pertains to me. I guarantee I'm not a Catholic in name only, and YOUR claims otherwise is simply you spouting off about things you know nothing about.

I suppose you are too rooted in attack mode to actually have asked some respectful questions of a new poster to gain yourself some basic clarity and actually engage in discussion. Instead, you've done what you have a history of doing, making things up and running with it.

I've seen it said you don't want debate OR discussion, and I'd say this exchage proves that to be 100% correct.

Good night.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#259827 Sep 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Every person of every faith has their own view of the tenets of that faith. Only mindless cultists act like drones. You are no different; you have your views, as does she. You are not vested by the church to correct her and your opinion of her version of the faith is not your business.
<quoted text>
Sorry it is what it is. There are no 'versions' of the Catholic faith. You can't receive any of the sacraments on your own terms. We all have to abide by the same rules for Baptism, Holy Eucharist, Confirmation, Marriage, Holy Orders, Last Rites and Penance. Penance is about contrition and you cannot be contrite if you have no regrets.

Indianapolis

#259828 Sep 24, 2012
Why do you want to see him naked?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishop? What bishop? The bishop absolved you of an abortion that you said you didn't even regret? He needs to be defrocked.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#259829 Sep 24, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where the disconnect is here. You care absolutely NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH - for the fetus. And therefore you assume because I DO care for the fetus, albeit to a level that clearly is not equivalent, let alone more, than the care which I have for the woman, that I do not care at all for the woman.
Flawed logic....at best.
Are you proud of your ability to so casually and completely dismiss any concern whatsover for a developing human life ?
Are you so proud of your ability to so casually and completely dismiss any concern whatsoever to the basic human rights bestowed on women in the event that she is raped?
This being quite a defining factor as a Western Society!
http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/wom...
What were you saying about flawed logic?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259830 Sep 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be hypocritical to accept her skewed version of Penance.
LMAO!! Oh you're hilarious today!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259831 Sep 24, 2012
yakalot wrote:
<quoted text>If she went to confession and was not sorry and did not repent, her confession is null and void .
<rumbling thunder> God Has Spoken!
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#259832 Sep 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
That is the basis of catholicism and christianity in general--lifelong guilt. No matter what the sin, you must burden yourself over it.
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that you are plagued by it daily but you do accept your guilt and genuinely pray for forgiveness. An honest confession does take the burden of guilt off of your shoulders and allows you to seek God's grace again and use that to strive for a more God centered life.

The poster said that she had an abortion, did not regret it, went to confession all is forgiven.
That's dishonest and demeans the sacrament.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#259833 Sep 24, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of why rapes go unreported!
She has already been victimized and will only be further so by the standards that you want to see in place.
By the standards "I" want to see in place ?!?! The standards of the U.S. judicial system are what is already in place. If you think they are unfair then your beef is with them.....not me. Right now it is the only system we have to prosecute scumbag rapists.
1 out of every 3 women is sexually assaulted, that is a shocking statistic.
Shocking indeed.

There are reports indicating that up to 90% of rapes go unreported.
That would mean there's a helluva lotta rapists roaming free to ply their trade again on some unsuspecting woman....maybe someone related to you. Are you OK with that ? Or would you prefer that more women report being raped ?
Are you now going to define what a legitimate rape is?
Where the hell did THAT one come from ?

Is her word good enough,
If your brother were accused of a rape you knew for a fact he was absolutely innocent of, how would you feel if the authorities simply took the woman's "word for it" ?

does she need to be further humiliated by going through an interrogation, do you get to dredge up her past in a line of questioning as if she in some way might have "asked for it"?
Once again if you have a problem with how the current judicial system proves and prosecutes rape ( and I don't necessarily disagree with you ) then your beef is with them not me. Do we never attempt the prosecution of rapists simply because you perceive the system to be unfair to the victim ?

For this is precisely why rapes go unreported and why she needn't justify her position or situation to exercise HER right to choose.
Give me a break Doc, you're quite a smart guy, but this is pathetic and totally unreasonable, nothing more than male dominance couple with religious ideologies.
This proves that you care for the preservation of your gender vs the welfare of mine.
It proves no such thing. The entire concept of requiring reporting of rape before an abortion would allowed was based on the premise that abortion on demand was now illegal and we were discussing a means by which an exception for rape could be affected.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#259834 Sep 24, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, his are the ravings of another delusional fundie.
Giggle, there's that fundie word again!
Delusional, just a little! LMAO
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#259835 Sep 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why do you want to see him naked?
<quoted text>
Okay, that's funny.

“Game on !”

nyc

#259836 Sep 24, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, I did explain it in numerous posts. The reason I would not have an abortion is quite simple. I enjoy being a mother so there's no reason for me to have an abortion.
That's fine. But does this mean you've eliminated it as an option for you regardless of the circumstances ? Suppose you felt you had as many kids as you could handle....financially or emotionally. Would abortion EVER be an option for you or do you have a personal problem with the procedure ?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259837 Sep 24, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Giggle, there's that fundie word again!
Delusional, just a little! LMAO
He needs a nice tight straight-jacket.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#259838 Sep 24, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine. But does this mean you've eliminated it as an option for you regardless of the circumstances ? Suppose you felt you had as many kids as you could handle....financially or emotionally. Would abortion EVER be an option for you or do you have a personal problem with the procedure ?
Or does she have a problem with actually killing the child?

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#259839 Sep 24, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I see where the disconnect is here. You care absolutely NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH - for the fetus. And therefore you assume because I DO care for the fetus, albeit to a level that clearly is not equivalent, let alone more, than the care which I have for the woman, that I do not care at all for the woman.
Flawed logic....at best.
Are you proud of your ability to so casually and completely dismiss any concern whatsover for a developing human life ?
Sentient. The flawed logic is yours. At the point you give a fetus equality, by definition, the owner of the occupied uterus becomes 2nd class and subject to your whims and those that think as you do. Has never worked in the past. Won't work in the future either.

“Game on !”

nyc

#259840 Sep 24, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
please tell me you actaully have better criticisms than that for the jihadists out there mass murdering thousands every year???
"Vlad Tepes defended his country without selling out to either of the world's controlling religions of the time." - So did Stalin, from the Nazis..........so did Hitler, from economic waste .......... so did George Bush, HE defended his country? should i stick a picture of Bush up as my avatar? STUPID
He's a moron. He believes that viability means the ability to live independent of the womb WITHOUT medical assistance. He also believes the US Consitution applies only to US citizens on US soil.
yakalot

United States

#259841 Sep 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is still here as one of the seven sacraments. Called Last Rites now.
That shows you he doesn't know anything about the Church at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Gets 11th-Hour Rep... 4 hr Ynott 1
News Monday's TV Highlights: 'The Young Pope' on HBO 4 hr Weepy 7
News Some children fearful of what a Trump presidenc... 6 hr USA-1 11
News George Strait talks about 'Tennessee Whiskey,' ... 11 hr brtty johnson 1
News Former teenage favourite David Cassidy reveals ... 11 hr o see the light 1
News Is Jadis Too Weird for 'The Walking Dead'? 14 hr Sue 5
News Trump Needs to Govern, Not Campaign Forever 22 hr PoliciaFederal 6
More from around the web