Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311489 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#259711 Sep 23, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not stop to think...
You're addressing Ink, so I think you already know the answer.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259712 Sep 23, 2012
yakalot wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my gosh, you are wrong. The sad thing is its people like you who spread lies and judge others. You know NOTHING about the Church, you say you were Catholic but I have my doubts. Your family may have been baptized Catholic but I doubt your family practiced Catholicism. You have only posted what protestants think we practice which was a big giveaway that you are a fake.
"The sad thing is its people like you who spread lies and judge others."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

<wipe tears from eyes>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!

<take breath>

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! !!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259713 Sep 23, 2012
yakalot wrote:
<quoted text>We sin till the day we die, no matter who you are. we ask Christ to forgive and try to do better ,but we are human and will make mistakes, yep until the day we die. Christ still loves us and will forgive,ALWAYS.
Oh, and I thought Christians were supposed to at least try to not sin and strive to live as Jesus would want them (you) to, but in reality you faux-Christians can just go against your own dogma, justify it by saying you sin anyway, and then ask for forgiveness.

What a convenient system.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#259714 Sep 23, 2012
What Ink forgets is that "G" said she sought forgiveness for what led her to getting an abortion. Temptation, seeking pleasure whatever you older ladies call it because you sure seem to have trouble saying sex. Temptation is the original sin which led to the "downfall", not abortion and for that she's been absolved.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#259715 Sep 23, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, John. You're always so reasonable.
Well thank you for saying so my friend.
I do try but freely confess that I don't think I'm always successful.
Still, after all the time-off he's had, I'd hoped that "Seattle" would have mellowed out just a tad.
Might as well wish for any one--or all--of the antiquities Indiana Jones hunted down while I'm at it...

Location hidden

#259716 Sep 23, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love a Bud,John..:)
Hmmm...I don't know about a Bud, but I'll spring for a couple of pints 'O Guinness if you're interested or we could meet somewhere in the "middle" and have a couple of Yuenglings.:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259717 Sep 23, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you for saying so my friend.
I do try but freely confess that I don't think I'm always successful.
Still, after all the time-off he's had, I'd hoped that "Seattle" would have mellowed out just a tad.
Might as well wish for any one--or all--of the antiquities Indiana Jones hunted down while I'm at it...
He's got a temper, that's for sure. But I think he's basically a decent guy. His problem seems to be that he's fixated on certain things to the point of obsession.

Location hidden

#259718 Sep 23, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Pass me a Coke please John,,, booze don't mix well with me drugs! TIA
I have to correlate drugs and drink as I don't want to end up in a coma again. I don't need the rest yet!
Well it's about time you started thinking about "adverse effects," so, okay Rach...you can have a Coke.
No Admiral Nelson's Spiced Rum for you though--I recall all too clearly the amount of annoyed calls I'd received last time complaining about "some nutty Canadian chick who's alternately arguing with a lamp-post and yelling at a parked car."

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#259719 Sep 23, 2012
Fucwit, I attended catholic schools for 14 years. Evidently you;ve never heard of vatican 2, which was a huge basis for controversy within the church. Of late, there has been an emphasis on creati8ng a church with no room for discussion, which is rather sad. But then, what do you want when you vote in a nazi?
yakalot wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my gosh, you are wrong. The sad thing is its people like you who spread lies and judge others. You know NOTHING about the Church, you say you were Catholic but I have my doubts. Your family may have been baptized Catholic but I doubt your family practiced Catholicism. You have only posted what protestants think we practice which was a big giveaway that you are a fake.

Location hidden

#259720 Sep 23, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's got a temper, that's for sure. But I think he's basically a decent guy. His problem seems to be that he's fixated on certain things to the point of obsession.
"Seattle" is most definitely an "acquired" taste--like a few other posters on here and I completely agree with your assessment of him.
You are also the best friend he's got on here which is why I think he's sometimes a bit ruder with you than he is with some others, but I have to say that I find the level of poise you've adopted in your dealings with him thoroughly admirable.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#259721 Sep 23, 2012
Why? Yours is so much more fascinating for her, and she doesn't have to change anything SHE does, since he's perfect...
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, I don't recall you being in the confessional with myself or my priest, and if Jesus told you something that I dont know, I didn't get the memo.
For the last time: I've repented, I've atoned a LONG time ago, and I have been absolved of those sins. Whether YOU don't think I've sufficently atoned or reptented is truly meaningless. The state of my soul is between Jesus and myself.
You really should worry about your own state of grace.
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#259722 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going out on a limb here but I would say that you are not Catholic and have no knowledge of it's doctrines. On that assumption I will try to explain. Any and I mean any real Catholic would know that God forgives any person who genuinely regrets and repents for their sins. Any Catholic knows that Abortion is a severe mortal sin. Any Catholic knows that confession without honest remorse is worthless. Any Catholic knows that if you say you don't regret the mortal sin of abortion you can not be forgiven and in God's grace again. She explicitly said she does not regret the abortion so what is she seeking forgiveness for?
A Catholic would see that it doesn't make any sense. I don't care but she shouldn't mischaracterized the sacraments of the Church.
LOL I'm sorry, but you're truly amusing in your sanctimony. I haven't mischaracterized a thing, but you certainly are trying very hard to.

I'm not seeking forgiveness for anything from that time in my life anymore, as I sought it at the time and was granted it. I need not go into more detail about it for its as you say, you don't care about much more than trying to invalidate my faith and my salvation.

I'd thank you for being so concerned for the state of my soul IF I thought for one second you actally cared, but instead you seem more concerned with trying to demean me and Jesus almost in the same breath, which I find curious since you dont know me from Adam.
I'd also suggest you worry more about the state of your own soul, but again, I don't believe you actually care about that either, otherwise you wouldn't spend so much time trying so hard to dimminish others.

But thank you for the laugh!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259723 Sep 23, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Seattle" is most definitely an "acquired" taste--like a few other posters on here and I completely agree with your assessment of him.
You are also the best friend he's got on here which is why I think he's sometimes a bit ruder with you than he is with some others, but I have to say that I find the level of poise you've adopted in your dealings with him thoroughly admirable.
Well thank you. There was a point a long time ago that I was about to start ignoring him, but I decided against it, and I'm glad because we have had some nice conversations.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259724 Sep 23, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I'm sorry, but you're truly amusing in your sanctimony. I haven't mischaracterized a thing, but you certainly are trying very hard to.
I'm not seeking forgiveness for anything from that time in my life anymore, as I sought it at the time and was granted it. I need not go into more detail about it for its as you say, you don't care about much more than trying to invalidate my faith and my salvation.
I'd thank you for being so concerned for the state of my soul IF I thought for one second you actally cared, but instead you seem more concerned with trying to demean me and Jesus almost in the same breath, which I find curious since you dont know me from Adam.
I'd also suggest you worry more about the state of your own soul, but again, I don't believe you actually care about that either, otherwise you wouldn't spend so much time trying so hard to dimminish others.
But thank you for the laugh!
"I'm not seeking forgiveness for anything from that time in my life anymore, as I sought it at the time and was granted it."

I'm not trying to be rude when I ask this but I'm curious...how do you know you were granted forgiveness?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#259725 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I never responded after she said, what ever springs from her loins she would keep. That was her second response to me and I thought that was enough.
If you have other evidence, show it.
Hey dingbat? Let's try this again: No one gives a hoot what response you made to her. Or how many. The question Doc posed was simply asking what explaining Michelle had done regarding her pro-choice position.

It's not all about "you" and "your responses." No one cares. He just wanted to know what she said, in *general*.

Capiche???

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#259727 Sep 23, 2012
Wow, the Catholics are having quite the judging party today. And on a Sunday, no less. God's day of rest... so someone has to do his job, I guess. What a bunch of hypocrites.
yakalot

United States

#259729 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Fucwit, I attended catholic schools for 14 years. Evidently you;ve never heard of vatican 2, which was a huge basis for controversy within the church. Of late, there has been an emphasis on creati8ng a church with no room for discussion, which is rather sad. But then, what do you want when you vote in a nazi?
<quoted text>
Actually there is no contraversy about Vatican II , only on the Internet, not with the Bishops and not within the Church. There are no nazis in the Church, only freaks like you think there is. Fourteen years? Which grade did you flunk?

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#259730 Sep 23, 2012

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259731 Sep 23, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No, I did
NANANANA

Just for you darlin!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259732 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow.
Whether a roman or a Nazirite,
the boy in the womb was considered a person of God from the womb to his death.
ROFLMAO Only to Catholics. It wasn't considered a "person" at all until birth to others of other faiths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 35 min bozo 1
News Sarah Silvermana s rebuke to the Bernie-or-bust... 36 min CZars_R_US 10
News Trump's Newest Ad Is So Frickin' WeirdBy Olivia... 2 hr Captain Yesterday 64
News Rubio calls Trump a con artist, mocks a small h... 15 hr Lawrence Wolf 128
News Clinton says she won't engage in 'insult fest' ... 17 hr YouDidntBuildThat 3
News Clinton says there is 'Hillary standard' for he... 17 hr guest 4
News After week of brutal GOP bashing. Clinton aims ... 17 hr guest 2
More from around the web