Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259681 Sep 23, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I've deleted all of your redundancies as being ridiculous, and cut to the chase.
I will explain this once, but will not be going over and over it ad nauseum as you and your friends seem to like to do.
I regret the sins that led to the need FOR the abortion, I do not regret the abortion itself however. I'm very sorry you cannot understand that - since from all I've read, you've certainly done MORE than your share of sinning, and similarly had deaths of your children as a result, 3 I believe?- and therefore YOU certainly shouldn't be throwing stones. But I digress.
I regret the sins that led me TO the abortion, but I do not regret having the abortion. That is not a lie - its a very simple truth, one I do not need to explain further to anyone.
Factually, one can certainly feel sorrow for poor choices or mistakes they've made, without regretting the growth one ultimately gains from those experiences. I sinned, I confessed, I've repented, I atoned, I was forgiven. Such is the way of the Catholic Church. Some of your friends seem to believe they have more say than Mother Church or Jesus does, but they're sadly mistaken.
I'm not sure why so many of you feel a need to bear false witness about complete strangers. I have no need to lie, it would be pointless. I simply felt the time was right to stand up to those that would claim to speak for my Lord, to point out they are not only wrong in what they say, they are wrong in what they do.
YOU on the other hand, are a world unto yourself, or yourselves as the case may be. And that's not a good thing.
When you are in a hole, Stop digging

You said

"I dont regret that abortion at all, and I've confessed, asked for forgiveness, and been granted that by Jesus"

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#259682 Sep 23, 2012
And this contradicts jewish law HOW? It doesn't say the fetus was living, only that it would be born.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The Birth of Samson
13 Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, so the Lord delivered them into the hands of the Philistines for forty years.
2 A certain man of Zorah, named Manoah, from the clan of the Danites, had a wife who was childless, unable to give birth. 3 The angel of the Lord appeared to her and said,“You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. 4 Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean. 5 You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.”
6 Then the woman went to her husband and told him,“A man of God came to me. He looked like an angel of God, very awesome. I didn’t ask him where he came from, and he didn’t tell me his name. 7 But he said to me,‘You will become pregnant and have a son. Now then, drink no wine or other fermented drink and do not eat anything unclean, because the boy will be a Nazirite of God from the womb until the day of his death.’”

Indianapolis

#259683 Sep 23, 2012
I guess your motto is "Fu** jesus and that whole "do not judge others" crap. I know what I'm doing!"
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who said you didn't regret killing one of God's children. That makes you an unrepentant sinner and as a Catholic, you know you have to honestly repent to be forgiven. I don't believe that you don't know that if you have had any Catholic teaching.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259684 Sep 23, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>OMG would it make you feel better if she prayed and said "God I regret my abortion" and came back here and said she did it? Would you then shut up about it? No, you know why you won't because you are so god damned self righteous you'd then badger her trying to convince her she couldn't have truly meant it because you don't believe she did. It's between her and her higher power.
I'm going out on a limb here but I would say that you are not Catholic and have no knowledge of it's doctrines. On that assumption I will try to explain. Any and I mean any real Catholic would know that God forgives any person who genuinely regrets and repents for their sins. Any Catholic knows that Abortion is a severe mortal sin. Any Catholic knows that confession without honest remorse is worthless. Any Catholic knows that if you say you don't regret the mortal sin of abortion you can not be forgiven and in God's grace again. She explicitly said she does not regret the abortion so what is she seeking forgiveness for?

A Catholic would see that it doesn't make any sense. I don't care but she shouldn't mischaracterized the sacraments of the Church.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259685 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I guess your motto is "Fu** jesus and that whole "do not judge others" crap. I know what I'm doing!"
<quoted text>
I am only questioning her knowldge of Catholicism. It doesn't work the way she says and if she was a Catholic she would know it.

Indianapolis

#259686 Sep 23, 2012
Aren't you christians always wining about your personal relationship with god? Who are you to say she doesn't have the same thing?

Judgmental hypocrite.

You remind me of the song from "Godspell":

Alas alas for you
Lawyers and pharisees
Hypocrits that you be
Searching for souls and fools to forsake them
You travel the land you scour the sea
After you've got your converts you make them
Twice as fit for hell!
As you are yourselves!

Alas, alas for you
Lawyers and pharisees
Hypocrits that you are
Sure that the kingdom of Heaven awaits you
You will not venture half so far
Other men who might enter the gates you
Keep from passing through!
Drag them down with you!
You snakes, you viper's brood
You cannot escape being Devil's food!

I send you prophets, I send you preachers
Sages and rages and ages of teachers
Nothing can bar your mood

Alas, alas for you
Lawyers and pharisees
Hypocrits to a man
Sons of the dogs who murdered the prophets
Finishing off what your fathers began
You don't have time to scorn and to scoff
It's getting very late!
Vengence doesn't wait!
You snakes, you viper's brood
You cannot escape being Devil's food!

I send you prophets, I send you preachers
Sages and rages and ages of teachers
Nothing can bar your mood
Blind guides, blind fools
The blood you spilt
On you will fall!

This nation, this generation
Will bear the guilt of it all!

Alas, alas alas for you! Blind fools!!
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are in a hole, Stop digging
You said
"I dont regret that abortion at all, and I've confessed, asked for forgiveness, and been granted that by Jesus"
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259687 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
And this contradicts jewish law HOW? It doesn't say the fetus was living, only that it would be born.
<quoted text>
"because the boy will be a Nazirite of God "from the womb' until the day of his death."

He is a Nazirite of God even in the womb.

Indianapolis

#259688 Sep 23, 2012
It' not your place to judge it, twit. I can't make it any clearer. YOUR jesus said not to judge others, and that is what you are doing. You are trying to speak for your god in terms of HER relationship with him. Any good catholic ALSO knows you aren't supposed to do that. Practice your faith as you interpret it and leave others to do the same. Believe it or not, of the millions of catholics out there, most disagree on one or more points of dogma and doctrine.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am only questioning her knowldge of Catholicism. It doesn't work the way she says and if she was a Catholic she would know it.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#259689 Sep 23, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>But, but, they started it:-)
Noooo,,, I did..hehe

(Gracie's standing in the background sticking her tongue out at everyone doing a jig, see's the Principal and runs away)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259690 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
It' not your place to judge it, twit. I can't make it any clearer. YOUR jesus said not to judge others, and that is what you are doing. You are trying to speak for your god in terms of HER relationship with him. Any good catholic ALSO knows you aren't supposed to do that. Practice your faith as you interpret it and leave others to do the same. Believe it or not, of the millions of catholics out there, most disagree on one or more points of dogma and doctrine.
<quoted text>
You can't disagree on the sacraments. It is what it is.

Location hidden

#259691 Sep 23, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Beer, drinks, should sound good..."
Pass me a Coke please John,,, booze don't mix well with me drugs! TIA

I have to correlate drugs and drink as I don't want to end up in a coma again. I don't need the rest yet!

Indianapolis

#259692 Sep 23, 2012
And he'd be a roman or whatever else his parentage would make him.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"because the boy will be a Nazirite of God "from the womb' until the day of his death."
He is a Nazirite of God even in the womb.

Location hidden

#259693 Sep 23, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>She's like an 8 year old stamping her feet and pulling her hair......"but they started it".
No, I did

NANANANA

Indianapolis

#259694 Sep 23, 2012
There have been centuries of disagreements; that's why there are thousands of christian sects and different schools of thought within the RCC. In the past, these differences were accepted; nowadays, the most reactionary of the flock see everything as black and white and it never has been.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't disagree on the sacraments. It is what it is.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259695 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
And he'd be a roman or whatever else his parentage would make him.
<quoted text>
Holy cow.
Whether a roman or a Nazirite,
the boy in the womb was considered a person of God from the womb to his death.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#259696 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going out on a limb here but I would say that you are not Catholic and have no knowledge of it's doctrines. On that assumption I will try to explain. Any and I mean any real Catholic would know that God forgives any person who genuinely regrets and repents for their sins. Any Catholic knows that Abortion is a severe mortal sin. Any Catholic knows that confession without honest remorse is worthless. Any Catholic knows that if you say you don't regret the mortal sin of abortion you can not be forgiven and in God's grace again. She explicitly said she does not regret the abortion so what is she seeking forgiveness for?
A Catholic would see that it doesn't make any sense. I don't care but she shouldn't mischaracterized the sacraments of the Church.
With all due respect Ink, I think one can feel sorry for what they have done but not necessarily regret what they did. For example, I am sorry that I had a child outside of wedlock but I do not regret having him. As a Catholic, that alone is the biggest reason why I've not been to confession since prior to having my son.

With that said, being that none of us are God, who are we to say that the Good Lord has not forgiven her? If she has confessed, done penance and feels at peace at her decision, perhaps that's Gods way of showing His mercy and compassion towards her and perhaps He did indeed forgive her. No one knows Gods will nor His judgement of others. That's between God and that person.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#259697 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not stop to think her initial regret is what led her to confession and repentance which then led to forgiveness which then led to feeling cleansed of her mortal sin which then led to no feelings of regret? That's the standard order, yes? Why did it escape you this time?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#259698 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going out on a limb here but I would say that you are not Catholic and have no knowledge of it's doctrines. On that assumption I will try to explain. Any and I mean any real Catholic would know that God forgives any person who genuinely regrets and repents for their sins. Any Catholic knows that Abortion is a severe mortal sin.
If you are a baptized Catholic it is a mortal sin, you didn't even bother to ask, you and the other one just immediately jumped on her like flies on dung.
Ink wrote:
Any Catholic knows that confession without honest remorse is worthless. Any Catholic knows that if you say you don't regret the mortal sin of abortion you can not be forgiven and in God's grace again. She explicitly said she does not regret the abortion so what is she seeking forgiveness for?
What about your venial sins or are you intentionally being ignorant to your faith?

Location hidden

#259699 Sep 23, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No, I did
NANANANA
Ok so you're both 8.

Location hidden

#259700 Sep 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to question your own knowledge, a mortal sin committed by a baptized Catholic removes the person from a state of grace. Another important fact about Catholicism is you are taught to strive for holiness and perfection and you're not doing that therefore you are just as guilty of sinning. Do you regret not striving to be more like Jesus? You better because if you don't regret your venial sins and repent you are likely to partake in mortal sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Stream Television? 1 hr televisionstream 1
News Actor Jim Nabors, Gomer Pyle on 'Andy Griffith ... (Jan '13) 4 hr Joe Balls 18
News TV Land Pulls 'The Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns Fro... 8 hr Jelly Belly Popcorn 1
News Megan Fox, Vampire Slayer? (Jun '09) 10 hr Prep-for-Dep 9
News Obama, Cuba's Raul Castro greet each other with... (Dec '13) 10 hr karimkagawa 25
News At least 14 hurt in deck collapse at North Caro... 12 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 4
News 'The Young and the Restless' Spoilers: Victor's... 13 hr frank 13
More from around the web