Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 326412 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#258998 Sep 19, 2012
Isn't that your mother's nickname for you--"ultimate disappointment?"
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
it wasnt fair that she spat on me like that, thats a pretty low blow, so she was being an old bagoBITCH
but thanks, yea it was the ultimate disappointment

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#258999 Sep 19, 2012
She's a lot older than I thought!
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you talk with him? This is big news! lol!
Ocean56

AOL

#259003 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
I attack the evilness of abortion and those who support it as choice. I don't give a damn who I turn on or off. I am not here to be liked. I am here to expose the ugly truth. Sad that you feel that your message is as worthy as who accepts you personally. Pathetic.
Abortion is evil no matter if I speak openly,directly,to the point while it pisses you off, OR if I butt kiss you and tell you funny jokes that will make you laugh while doing it. Me? I personally don't like your aggressive,nasty personality. I think I'll stick to saying it like it is and taking my chance that you will continue to dispise me.
Oh PLEASE, what utter histrionics. You can rant on all you want about how "evil" abortion is, but luckily for all women, your silly rants aren't facts.

The FACT remains that EACH woman gets to decide for HERSELF whether to continue a pregnancy or not. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens for whatever reason. Not YOUR pregnancy? Not your decision.
Ocean56

AOL

#259004 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
Again,we have over a MILLION abortions in THIS country alone. MANY women have had repeat abortions. With all you proaborts people running around,why is it that you are getting pregnant at all?
I am personally against artificial birth control. Yet,when I NEED to prevent pregnancy,I am capable of it. Why is it that you people who have NO issues with using all types and many of them,can't keep pregnancy free?
ALL methods of birth control can and DO fail, THAT's why. Obviously, you're not smart enough to grasp such a simple fact. Big surprise.@@

Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, and that applies even if a pregnancy happens. If a woman DOESN'T want to stay pregnant and give birth, she isn't forced to do so.

http://www.imnotsorry.net
Ocean56

AOL

#259005 Sep 20, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
I'd appreciate if you would direct your asinine critiques to me, mitotera. I did know I could get pregnant. However, I acted irresponsibly, had unprotected sex and got pregnant. I had an abortion. I never got pregnant, again. End of story. I know you would have wanted to punish me and my husband for our behavior by forcing us to have a baby.
Yep, she definitely would. Luckily, sASSy doesn't have ANY power or authority to force women to stay pregnant and give birth. For an anti-choice fanatic like her, that's really gotta burn.
Ocean56

AOL

#259006 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
How do we "act" when "women want to AVOID unwanted pregnancy"?
Uh,I am AGAINST you killing your child(abortion).
By ALL means...AVOID PREGNANCY.
I'm actually holding my "AVOID PREGNANCY and DON'T KILL YOUR BABY" flag for you proaborts as we speak.
You anti-choice imbeciles act like nutjobs at the idea of women aborting an unwanted pregnancy. Your idiotic rants here are PROOF of that, to me anyway.

Avoiding unwanted pregnancy INCLUDES getting an abortion, so a woman who DOESN'T want to stay pregnant won't be pregnant afterward. Whether YOU approve or agree with that or not is irrelevant.
Ocean56

AOL

#259007 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
I agree. Many that have aborted,are truly sorry and feel deep remorse. They will understand that God will forgive and heal them. I know people that have gone to God. The pain is forever with them because that child is lost to them. It's truly a tragedy for them to hold that pain.
Guess what, there are also many women who DON'T regret their abortions at all. I'll bet you won't bother to read any of THEIR stories, however.

letsyakalot

United States

#259008 Sep 20, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why? Nothing in the bible forbids abortion.
<quoted text>
You are wrong , go take a class in bible study.
letsyakalot

United States

#259009 Sep 20, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, there are also many women who DON'T regret their abortions at all. I'll bet you won't bother to read any of THEIR stories, however.
Why would she dwell on people who think its great to go against God? That would be depressing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#259010 Sep 20, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly why I asked the question and why it will never be answered other than "I don't want one". They squirm and wiggle and finally decide that I am being too personal. lol
You are lying through your teeth, Witless. Several answered you in detail. I was one of them.
Ocean56

AOL

#259011 Sep 20, 2012
letsyakalot wrote:
Why would she dwell on people who think its great to go against God? That would be depressing.
lol Yeah, it probably WOULD be depressing for any religionist kook like you or sASSy to know that many women have the FREEDOM to make their own sexual/reproductive choices when she doesn't.

I just posted this link as evidence that there are quite a few women DON'T regret their abortions. They just regret that they GOT pregnant to begin with.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#259012 Sep 20, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello, dear Lady V!! Yes, I do believe pro-immigration *reform* is what I intended to say!
We are a fairly common breed, I feel sure. We certainly are lovable! And modest!
: D
Giggle, well put, and I agree. Though the trolls that trod this thread might disagree in regard to our best attributes. ;)
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#259013 Sep 20, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that I have been pregnancy free for 18 years, due to artificial and natural methods of birth control, I highly doubt I'll experience 1 unplanned pregnancy let alone 3 of them. In fact, if I were to become pregnant again, due to my age, I would get the Essure method of sterilization after giving birth.
And before you come up with yet another scenario, if I were to become pregnant with octuplets and a puppy, after I'd give birth to all of them, I'd request to have my uterus taken out and punted out the window to ensure none of those crazy shenanigans happens again. ;o)
You said that you wouldn't have more than 3 children nor would you give your child up for adoption. So,if you had gotten pregnant today with triplets,you would keep them. Basically,you changed your stance.

THAT,my dear,was my point. When someone is proabortion with the claim that they would NEVER abort,NEVER have more than 3 children,NEVER give their child for adoption,....to me they sound inconsistent. You just proved it to me.

You WOULD in fact have three more if you got pregnant with triplets which would equal four.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#259014 Sep 20, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Access to safe and legal abortion services is simply a woman's right. That's all. Your opinion of my or anyone else's behavior is irrelevant to the issue. End of story, Lynne.
Women don't have access to abortion all the time. Restrictions are placed on her choice.

I don't know why you people keep ignoring this.

Ironically,most of you agree/support that too. So,that person,like PROABORT sister kathy lust(aka Cherri)said-you're all hypocrites to say that you WANT a woman to have control over her pregnancy or whether to remain pregnant and carry to term but turn around and say you WANT her choices restricted.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#259015 Sep 20, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, I have no emotion regarding your comments other than mild irritation at your stupidity. Yup, I am an RN and very aware that a fetus is not a child. You need to get over me, honey. You're distraught.
Your fetus was not your offspring? Is THAT what you are saying here Miss RN?
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#259016 Sep 20, 2012
letsyakalot wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong , go take a class in bible study.
Then, please demonstrate your infinite bible knowledge and prove him wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#259017 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Women don't have access to abortion all the time. Restrictions are placed on her choice.
I don't know why you people keep ignoring this.
Ironically,most of you agree/support that too. So,that person,like PROABORT sister kathy lust(aka Cherri)said-you're all hypocrites to say that you WANT a woman to have control over her pregnancy or whether to remain pregnant and carry to term but turn around and say you WANT her choices restricted.
Each pregnant woman has the choice of whether or not to continue her pregnancy. They merely have a time limit on when they can end it for any reason they see fit, and not even that in some states.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#259018 Sep 20, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you stop playing dumb, it's not attractive. If you're not suggesting birth control methods for obviously sexually active women you're not preventing that many abortions. Abstinence didn't work the first time.
<quoted text> Really, and they just offer that information?*sniff, sniff* this is my third abortion. You can't possibly offer them help and love and then come in here and spew the hateful things you do at these post abortive women. Do you call them murderers, tell them they have no respect for themselves, do you tell them they have used it as a form of birth control? No you don't, because you'd be toothless.....well maybe you are toothless.
<quoted text>Wonderful for her she made the best choice for herself. That's what it's all about.
What makes you think that women NEED my advice on how to prevent pregnancy? Again,you are making women out to sound stupid.

What do you mean "Abstinence didn't work the first time"? What makes you sure they remained abstinent? Quite the opposite is true. They had sex when fertile and got pregnant. That pregnancy was a *SURPRISE*@@

I mean..really? a surprise? You had sex when fertile and you are surprised that you got pregnant? y'know?

A girl who is sitting there pregnant,ALONE already understands that she was used for sex. That is a blow to her self esteem. Repeat aborters already understand that if they are using abortion as birth control.

Look at Elise. She claimed to be irresponsible. She aborted. YES,she admits that her abortion was a form of birth control.She didn't want to be pregnant and had sex on her fertile day ANYWAY.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#259019 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think that women NEED my advice on how to prevent pregnancy? Again,you are making women out to sound stupid.
What do you mean "Abstinence didn't work the first time"? What makes you sure they remained abstinent? Quite the opposite is true. They had sex when fertile and got pregnant. That pregnancy was a *SURPRISE*@@
I mean..really? a surprise? You had sex when fertile and you are surprised that you got pregnant? y'know?
A girl who is sitting there pregnant,ALONE already understands that she was used for sex. That is a blow to her self esteem. Repeat aborters already understand that if they are using abortion as birth control.
Look at Elise. She claimed to be irresponsible. She aborted. YES,she admits that her abortion was a form of birth control.She didn't want to be pregnant and had sex on her fertile day ANYWAY.
There is not just ONE fertile day, you Ignoramous.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259020 Sep 20, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You said that you wouldn't have more than 3 children nor would you give your child up for adoption. So,if you had gotten pregnant today with triplets,you would keep them. Basically,you changed your stance.
THAT,my dear,was my point. When someone is proabortion with the claim that they would NEVER abort,NEVER have more than 3 children,NEVER give their child for adoption,....to me they sound inconsistent. You just proved it to me.
You WOULD in fact have three more if you got pregnant with triplets which would equal four.
I find it amusing how far you have to stretch your idiotic delusional and irrelevant scenerio's to make a point.

Since the odds of her having triplets are is about as likely as you becoming a good Christian, your point is both moot AND stupid Skanky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dolly Parton Discusses Gay Rumors, Losing a Dra... (Nov '12) 1 hr Don 6
News John Wick TV series in development, Keanu Reeve... 1 hr keanufan 121
News Corey Haim said Michael Jackson assaulted him o... 1 hr Just Me 30
News Midnight government shutdown nears; no accord i... 2 hr Question 3
News Lawmakers address accusations 3 hr Smackdown2017 44
News 'Jersey Shore' reality star expected to plead t... 3 hr PAY UP 1
News Traci Grant - About NBC11 News Story - KNTV | S... (Feb '08) 6 hr Traci Grant 2
More from around the web