Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310372 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#255776 Aug 31, 2012
1 Brilliant Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Criminal laws are designed to punish those who behave in a way that is detrimental to a civil society.
Civil law provide a rememdy for those who have been harmed by others.
They have nothing to do personal "ethics". They have to do with keeping people safe in a civilized society and the betterment of that society.
No one can regulate personal eithics. They can only punish those that operate outside of the criminal of civil law.
That's what we are trying to get Ink to understand. She thinks the purpose of laws is to regulate personal ethics.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#255780 Aug 31, 2012
Pupsee, I'd also like to offer my wishes for your mom's continued recovery. Can she tolerate massage yet? I bet she'd love one, if she can.

:)

Atrisco Village

#255781 Aug 31, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text> Although I remember the post to which you refer here, it would seem you don't remember my having answered it already. If one continues to require that women 'justify' their reproductive choices, one effectively adds fuel to the fire of debate on whether or not she should be able to legally avail herself of all of them. The constant harping on Mrs. Duggar, regardless of her celebrity, is no different (IMO) than protesting outside an abortion clinic. And those protestors have just as much right to their opinion.
<quoted text>Given the defensive nature of this query, I'll assert that the certitude of my position is much more apparent than yours. I am assuredly pro-choice.
You're welcome, of course.
Do you think PLs don't have a right to protest outside of abortion clinics or to criticize, berate, gossip about, or otherwise voice their opinion about abortion or prochoicers? I support their right to free speech and lawful assembly and I exercise my rights, as well.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#255783 Aug 31, 2012
<quoted text>
No. There is only one life and body involved.
I could knit pick over this statement, but nah.... alrighty then, there's NO other LIFE involved accept the mothers... k

Location hidden

#255784 Aug 31, 2012
except,,,, dammit

Location hidden

#255785 Aug 31, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
No one's perfect.
Says you

Location hidden

#255787 Aug 31, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share your LSD with the rest of us.

Not an icecube's chance in hell buddy, get your own

Location hidden

#255788 Aug 31, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think PLs don't have a right to protest outside of abortion clinics or to criticize, berate, gossip about, or otherwise voice their opinion about abortion or prochoicers? I support their right to free speech and lawful assembly and I exercise my rights, as well.
Which is why I included the following:
Sister Katherine Lust wrote:
<quoted text>And those protestors have just as much right to their opinion.
I agree with their RIGHT to protest, just as I agree with your RIGHT to jump all over Mrs. Duggar. I just happen to find the exercise of PC's right to do so, hypocritical, especially in light of the numerous posts here decrying that the PL's judge women who chose to have abortions. I don't have any desire to render the right to talk bad about people 'illegal', but I cannot dissemble about the fact that it bothers me when it comes from those who call themselves 'pro-choice'.
It's just an opinion - not a condemnation or anything.

Are you for all the choices or not?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#255790 Aug 31, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think PLs don't have a right to protest outside of abortion clinics or to criticize, berate, gossip about, or otherwise voice their opinion about abortion or prochoicers? I support their right to free speech and lawful assembly and I exercise my rights, as well.
Those freaks who protest outside women's clinics don't know what women are coming there for and it's none of their damm business! You have have the glassy eyed bunheads with their long denim skirts that think EVERY woman entering is getting a pregnacy termination. Those weird men in the long black trenchcoats with the slicked back hair(Brylcreem) are also part of the side show. Then they get together with the weird women and grab for the clouds and pray. The local clinic has blockers to prevent the weirdos from grabbing the clients as they chant outlandish trash. To be more convincing, the anti-choice zealots need to get a better group on their front line. What's out there is comical,and pitifully humorous.

Atrisco Village

#255792 Aug 31, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why I included the following:
<quoted text>I agree with their RIGHT to protest, just as I agree with your RIGHT to jump all over Mrs. Duggar. I just happen to find the exercise of PC's right to do so, hypocritical, especially in light of the numerous posts here decrying that the PL's judge women who chose to have abortions. I don't have any desire to render the right to talk bad about people 'illegal', but I cannot dissemble about the fact that it bothers me when it comes from those who call themselves 'pro-choice'.
It's just an opinion - not a condemnation or anything.
Are you for all the choices or not?
I'm prochoice. I reserve the right to gossip:-)

Location hidden

#255793 Aug 31, 2012
<quoted text>
Actually you still did not answer the question. Are you pro choice or not?
We weren't discussing my position on the issue.
So you see someone expressing an opinion in their own home or to their own neighbors or on the internet to someone standing outside a clinic with signs directly assaulting women going in to a clinic for legal reproductive services? Really?
See what I mean about your anti choice mind set? A pro choicer sees the CLEAR distinction.
So you are what again?? Pro choice or not?
Wow. Okay - I am pro-choice. In fact, I am pro-all-the-choices. Including the choice to have baby after baby after baby, if that's what she WANTS to do.

And yes, I'm also of the opinion that slamming a woman for her choices, in public or in private, is done with the same intent either way. If you see it differently, all I can say is 'vive la difference.'

Do you feel I have the 'right' to this opinion?
And does it irk you that I'm expressing it?

Just checking.

Atrisco Village

#255795 Aug 31, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Those freaks who protest outside women's clinics don't know what women are coming there for and it's none of their damm business! You have have the glassy eyed bunheads with their long denim skirts that think EVERY woman entering is getting a pregnacy termination. Those weird men in the long black trenchcoats with the slicked back hair(Brylcreem) are also part of the side show. Then they get together with the weird women and grab for the clouds and pray. The local clinic has blockers to prevent the weirdos from grabbing the clients as they chant outlandish trash. To be more convincing, the anti-choice zealots need to get a better group on their front line. What's out there is comical,and pitifully humorous.
I agree. They're freaks but they are within their rights to do what they do.

Location hidden

#255796 Aug 31, 2012
<quoted text>
Actually, it was a clarification. You're welcome.
I support your right to express this tragically wrong opinion.

Atrisco Village

#255797 Aug 31, 2012
<quoted text>
Actually you still did not answer the question. Are you pro choice or not?
We weren't discussing my position on the issue.
So you see someone expressing an opinion in their own home or to their own neighbors or on the internet to someone standing outside a clinic with signs directly assaulting women going in to a clinic for legal reproductive services? Really?
See what I mean about your anti choice mind set? A pro choicer sees the CLEAR distinction.
So you are what again?? Pro choice or not?
She has written that she's prochoice. What makes you think she isn't?

Location hidden

#255800 Aug 31, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww Petey, are you still carring that grudge because the priests that you fantised about, when you were in school, didn't want you?

Damn Chicky, how far you going back for this crap?

Alright Susanm, that was a pretty ignorant thing to say. Hey! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the bashing just as much as the next fella, but seriously? Really? What a freakin stupid thing to say.

I don't agree with Chicky a whole lot, and am surprised she didn't go full Chicky on you for it,(doesn't take much) so I guess I'm going to have to pick up her slack.

Awww screw it, at least Chicky was worth the time and effort, you're not! I'm pissed at spending this much time on a idiot such as yourself....(yawn)

Location hidden

#255802 Aug 31, 2012
<quoted text>
So you think that a person expressing their personal opinion to her private best friend, or sister, that a woman who has 19 kids is too many, an opinion of which Mrs. Duggar has no inkling, is exactly the same as standing outside a clinic FORCING a woman to HEAR YOUR OPINION IN HER FACE IN ORDER TO TRY AND STOP HER FROM DOING WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE whether she wants to or not?
Do you really think that?
Yes.

All caps. Interesting.
Do you really care this much what the feck I think?

Location hidden

#255803 Aug 31, 2012
<quoted text>
What "tragically wrong opinion" are you speaking of? It wasn't a clarification of what you said?
Not remotely. What I said was every bit as clear as what you said.(JMO)

But I said it first....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#255808 Aug 31, 2012
C Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a clinical psychologist. Pete is so far off base it is not funny. Be wary of any information conveyed on blogs like this by the misinformed who would have you believe they know what they are talking about. Do your own research. Talk to real experts.
ROFLMAO Gee, one would think a clinical psychologist wouldn't say things like "it is not funny", and would know this isn't a blog.

We've had an idiot here before that calls this forum a blog, back in March. It changed its name many times, but continually called the forum a 'blog'. Seems the troll without a life is back.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bethlehem-pa/...

Location hidden

#255809 Aug 31, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this today,and I got a cup of coffee..;)
http://www.wingsfortruth.info/whatisapedophil...
Excellent article, thank you and I've bookmarked it!

Location hidden

#255810 Aug 31, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
Since I don't normally talk about my children, the responsibility was and always is on the PC liar who chooses to make claims about me. This time, it's on Foo to prove.
Even if she's talking about Lynn, the proof is still on her to prove her claims are true. Answers of the nature of "We proved it already" isn't proof. It's bullshit non-proof, and every intelligent person who has integrity in discussion knows that.
I've made NO claims about your living children on this forum you idiot. Other than mentioning you sent me pictures of them. Would you like me to post them for you as proof?

I HAVE spoken of the Potty Twins that were punched out of you by your pedophile boyfriend - whom you had not one but at least TWO pregnancies by. Those posts have been provided REPEATEDLY to you over the years, and EVERYONE knows it.

Oh and BTW, every time you speak as if you're NOT the OP also known here as Lynne D, you're lying and EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

You are truly mentally ill Lynniekins if you think otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Transparent' star says transgender Maura would... 9 hr TerryE 1
News Megan Fox, Vampire Slayer? (Jun '09) 9 hr IAmMe 10
News Dolly Parton's family life subject of TV movie 14 hr Bloated Culture 2
News 5 questions with Drake Bell (Apr '07) 14 hr diana 610
News Michelle Obama 'random dances' at US appearance (Jan '12) 20 hr Miranda Taylor Co... 2
News Nickelodeon invites fans to a party with Carly ... (Jun '11) 22 hr Miranda Taylor Co... 8
News Nickelodeon's 'Crush Week' to Feature Smashing ... (Jan '08) 23 hr Miranda Taylor Co... 6
More from around the web