Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310232 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#252971 Aug 16, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister-in-law and my two nephews are black. Err, if you asked the boys they'd tell you they are "mixed". Handsome little buggers. Did I mention all three are people? Got a neice who is part Filipino. She's a person, too. Pretty girl. Is it just me, or do mixed backgrounds seem to beget the best lookin' kids?
Hey guys, I think I made Lynne's list of racist posters!
Psst! I have a "mixed background," STO!

I won't say what the component parts are, though!

teehee!
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252973 Aug 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Righteeo.
Hence "choice."
It works both ways.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#252974 Aug 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't want one.
Perfect answer. That's all anyone needs to know.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#252975 Aug 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It works both ways.
No one is forcing you to do anything, dear.

On the other hand,*you* support forcing people to go elsewhere for prescriptions,*you* support forcing women and young girls to gestate a pregnancy, no matter what.

Expecting a person to do the job they were hired for is not "forcing" them to do anything. They accepted those parameters when they accepted the job.
STO
#252976 Aug 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell was I trying to backpedal from Lynniekins? I was dropped off with a black family to play with their kids. I said it the way I meant to say it, I haven't backpedaled from anything.
<quoted text>
I worded it the way I meant it WITH the emphasis on the word BLACK becasue it WAS a discussion about race relations you dumbass. I'd say it again the same way today as well, if I wanted the emphasis there as well.
WTF difference does it make where the word was, first or second anyway? This is one of your more MORONIC bullshit arguments Lynne, and you've had a shitload of them.
Today, it would be PC to say "African American", except I've heard from MANY black people that they dont like that phrase, since they're not African. In fact, just recently there was a discussion about this on NPR.
You're ridiculous.
Speaking NPR, do you listen to Snap Judgment?
STO
#252977 Aug 16, 2012
Speaking *of* NPR...
STO
#252980 Aug 16, 2012
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text> I agree.
<quoted text> Again, I agree, as far as the percentage is not relatively high. But I'm sure it does happen, and my biggest problem is the message Doe v Bolton sends to young women, which is basically about 100% consideration of the woman's whims, with little, or no regard for the fetus.
<quoted text>Well, as you said, perhaps a psyche evaluation should be required, but a more refined definition of "mental health" is necessary when it comes to aborting a viable fetus.
I've skimmed thru your conversation with Katie and La.

Just have one comment. If a woman wanted to abort a viable fetus because she didn't want to get fat, wouldn't that be a bit late? She'd already be "fat", wouldn't she. I mean, most pregnant women would be really showing by then, wouldn't they?

Anyway, doesn't really matter. Just thought it was a weird reason when the horse has already left the barn, so to speak.
STO
#252982 Aug 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
She trashes single parents but doesn't want women to obtain abortions or for people to use contraception.
Did someone use a blender on a brain at some point? The dots not only do not line up, they are splattered all over the darn place.
Something ain't wired right.

It's always, "don't have sex, but if you do, don't use a condom, but if you do, go to confession, and if you do, everything's jake! All's forgiven!"

Same goes for aborton. Confess and you got yourself a get out of jail free card. So, what's the deterrent? They say it's a mortal sin, but not really? Oh, I get it. Sjm thinks she's a deterrent. That's alright. Let's let her believe it. No harm, no foul.
STO
#252983 Aug 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Psst! I have a "mixed background," STO!
I won't say what the component parts are, though!
teehee!
I know of two you've mentioned. Same as me.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#252984 Aug 16, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I've skimmed thru your conversation with Katie and La.
Just have one comment. If a woman wanted to abort a viable fetus because she didn't want to get fat, wouldn't that be a bit late? She'd already be "fat", wouldn't she. I mean, most pregnant women would be really showing by then, wouldn't they?
Anyway, doesn't really matter. Just thought it was a weird reason when the horse has already left the barn, so to speak.
To further expand on that, as some folks have tossed around the reason of wanting to go on vacation as an excuse for wanting an LTA, even if she was able to abort that late, she's still going to have some weight on her, as most women do not lose all of their pregnancy weight nor have hard flat stomachs right after delivery so it's not like she'll be in thong bikini shape right away. I would also think that due to the surgical process of this, it's not like she's going to have an LTA one day and be able to galavant around the next day. She's going to need time to physically recover from that. If there truly was a woman out there who is using these reasons in order to obtain an LTA, I would think that the doctors she's speaking to would explain this to her, because LTA's are legally permissible only when the health/life of the woman/fetus are at stake, but also in order to avoid a malpractice lawsuit.

“docendo discimus”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#252985 Aug 16, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
For whatever reason - probable chance of a fetus surviving the pregnancy caught my eye. I've never viewed it that way - but yes, it's just as dangerous for a fetus as it is for the woman gestating. No guarantees whatsoever that all will go well for either, or in worse case scenarios, both. Hmmm.
Yes, but as the pregnancy progresses the better chance that all will go well for both. So isn't it logical, that as the pregnancy progresses, the arguments for protecting the potentail life should become respectively more compelling?

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#252986 Aug 16, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You walk a thin line with this "all life should be protected". idea. That sounds great, in theory, but I'd love to know if you want to protect of the lives of bugs that might dare to violate the sanctity of your home or your car. And how many hamburgers have you eaten this year? How about plants? How about a virus? When you get sick, you take meds to kill a virus. Sounds to me like you only want to save the lives of those things you deem important. I guess you want to play God and choose what life is more valuable than others.
LOL, no, we're talking about human life here, as far as the constitution. I dont think I've ever portrayed myself a a tree hugger, I hunt, fish, and smash the shit out of mosquitoes and deer flies. I've posted enough for anyone to understand my arguments, so what's your incomprehensive problem, Kenose?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#252987 Aug 16, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
It has pagan. All the gay pedopohiles are being rooted out. The Church will no longer protect gays by allowing them to be priests.
Bullshit. The Church has continued to protect itself by protecting its priests. It doesn't prevent any criminal activity. It acts shocked and gives lip service to the public and media after a filthy pedopriest is caught, but does nothing about its core corruption. And you willfully deaf, dumb and blind enablers are equally guilty of the continuing shelter of your pervert pastors.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#252988 Aug 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind that Moncie hasn't posted in over a year, and that you live about 5 states away.
Minor details, Thomas!
Still , you're grabbing at dust specks in the sunlight to try to force you personal opinions on others who really don't want or need your help!!! BUTT OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES !!!!!!

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#252990 Aug 16, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
In this case, it is virtually impossible to pass laws that don't violate the woman's established rights.
No individual rights are absolute, especially implied rights. You do realize that you are arguing that any restrictive abortion law found constitutional should not be allowed to consider exceptions for rape or incest, right?
cpeter1313 wrote:
BTW--the supreme court gets the final say, not legislation.
Thanks for the government lesson, but what I said was that written laws have governed our society for more than 200 years, obviously those laws are held to be constitutional.

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#252991 Aug 16, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
How is a woman who terminates her own pregnancy a threat to society? Why is this worth the ever-growing expenses, time, and resources people keep pushing into this?
<quoted text>
Look, you only see one side of the arguement here. "Her own pregnancy" includes the potentail life of another human being. How is that so different than a woman, or man, abusing their own child, without a threat to abuse anyone else, being deemed a threat to society? Terminating life without justified reason is unacceptable to a moral society. Just because the viable fetus isn't born doesnt give the woman an absolute, or unquestionable right to terminate it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#252993 Aug 16, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking NPR, do you listen to Snap Judgment?
Every chance I get! NPR is about all I listen to in my car daily!

“docendo discimus”

Location hidden

#252994 Aug 16, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, the pregnancy IS about her. She takes the risks, she deals with all the changes, and SHE owns her body. Where the hell does it say that the woman no longer matters once she gets pregnant?
She does matter and all laws protect her life. But where the hell does it say that those responsible for creating life have an absolute right to terminate such life? Susan Smith carried all her children to term, did that give her more of a right to terminate her children since she endured all the suffering of pregnancy? Did you argue to protect her rights?
cpeter1313 wrote:
She has no obligation whatsoever to a fetus she chooses not to gestate, just as she has no obligation to sustain a born person whose care she does not accept responsibility for.
<quoted text>
So your arguments are that for lack of accountability? I got news for you little man, your generation of laziness and responsibility has dragged the rest of us down from once being the greatest nation to a bunch of sniveling, excuse filled cowards. The reality is, if you have sex you may create a child, except in your case,(so why the f' are you here?)and if you create a child you have responsibilities to raise that child. Abortion should be the last resort, in cases of extreme circumstances, not an option to erase your irresponsible behavior, terminating a living fetus is far more than birth control.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#252996 Aug 16, 2012
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Rumor has it that your Moncie.
You listen to a lot that's bullshit Skanky.
feces for jesus
#252997 Aug 16, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
She thinks Mary Magdalene was a prostitute because she saw it in a movie.
No kidding. She actually posted that. I had to set her straight with actual Bible verses, but...I think she still believes the movie.
thats crazy sASSy for ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can you guess the 5 Beatles songs that Elvis Pr... (Oct '14) 18 hr Cherokeeelvis60 4
News Tila Tequila Kicked Off CBB For Hitler Praise 19 hr Whiny1 4
News Kim Kardashian: I post selfies because they emp... 19 hr Whiny1 6
Cancelled Show 19 hr Whiny1 1
News Why Evangelicals Should Be Terrified Of Trump, ... 20 hr swedenforever 2
News Huckabee Affirms Support For Duggar Family Foll... 21 hr Observation 8
News Miley Cyrus bares nipple on VMAs Mon LOL 1
More from around the web